Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 3:23 AM
Default The Flame Fruit
Ahh the wonders, the gameplay, the ability to garden and grow fresh, good quality produce...
But wait, your sim wants WHAT? You cant buy this, what the heck is this fruit?

Every time, EVERY TIME I make a sim and have them learn a few levels of gardening, eventually the desire to plant a flame fruit bush pops up.
Also, with cooking sims, the desire to make an angel food cake, which requires a flame fruit, pops up every now and then.

Now, the only way I have found to get a flame fruit is by complete chance, fish a "chest" out of a pond containing a flame fruit. And its a very small chance, apparently, because you get a majority of candles and rubber duckies.

Anyone else had this wonderful experience of theoretical head to wall action?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 3:26 AM
It sounds like we need a cheat or a mod for that one. Of course, that's my universal answer for every annoying thing in video games I play. :D

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Instructor
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 3:37 AM
hahaha theoretical facepalm. Sometimes your sim will get lucky finding a flame fruit by accident when they plant unknown seeds they find around town. You can make angel food cake? My sim just keeps the fruit in its pocket for the "cozy fire" moodlet.
Scholar
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 3:38 AM
Flame fruits are in the front yard of the Wainright home. You can also find and plant the seeds after level 7 or 8. I'm not sure if it is a "rare" (level 7) or "special" (level 8) seed. The collection finder from the rewards panel really helps in the search for seeds. The Angel food cake is the S3 equivalent to the Sims2 elixir, eating it basically resets the sim's lifespan to the beginning of the current age group.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 3:39 AM
How DO you search for seeds through? I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out "global actions" that you could do easily in the sims 2 just by clicking your sim.
Instructor
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 3:45 AM
It could be laying on the ground anywhere in town. Sorta looks like pale dog poop. In the parking lot behind the theater, at stone henge, next to garbage dumpsters, in front of the science facility.
Scholar
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 3:49 AM
Searchig for seeds isn't a global action. You need to find the seed (or ore or gemstone, or meteor piece, etc) yourself, then click on it. The option to "collect" will appear. For most of the vegtables, you can go to the store, buy one and plant that rather than a seed. If you get the flame fruits from the Wainwright house, you will usually get 2 or 3. Plant one of those to get your own flame fruit plant.

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 7:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
The Angel food cake is the S3 equivalent to the Sims2 elixir, eating it basically resets the sim's lifespan to the beginning of the current age group.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Ambrosia?
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 7:45 AM
While on this topic, according to the information for gardening, it sounds like there is a money tree...?

Also, I got the death plant from the graveyard but I'm not sure what it does... any idea?
Scholar
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 8:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xoxSugah
Are you sure you're not thinking of Ambrosia?

Oops! Yep, lol! I got confuzzled there for a moment. The cake has a special too, but now I need to go hunt down what it is again..gah!

Field Researcher
#11 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 8:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShadowTiger
While on this topic, according to the information for gardening, it sounds like there is a money tree...?

Also, I got the death plant from the graveyard but I'm not sure what it does... any idea?

Yes there is a money tree, my sim got one from a cooking challenge, it never dies, or it hasn't yet anyway, and I think it's quality improves over time, mine is 'perfect' and it just dropped a seed.

I have no idea about the death flower thing, my sim has a couple of them, I think I read somewhere that if your sim dies of anything but old age the death flower in his/her inventory will save them.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 8:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
Oops! Yep, lol! I got confuzzled there for a moment. The cake has a special too, but now I need to go hunt down what it is again..gah!

My sim just earned enough cooking skill to make the angel food cake, when they eat it they get a "warm and fuzzy" moodlet, I think that's what it was called anyway, I didn't notice anything else.