Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#26 Old 16th May 2014 at 3:22 PM
Funny, because I find the toddler the least exacting life stage. I change their diapers once they're awake, give them a bottle and place them in the middle of various toys and then leave the house. If there's an emergency the babysitter usually takes care of it and the toys ensure that they're entertained. If, by any chance, they become too tired before my Sims return I click on the sleepy moodlet and they fall asleep right on the floor and the babysitter cannot wake them up to mess up my care schedule. Sleeping on the floor has the exact same motive regeneration rate as sleeping in a crib.
Although I have to admit that I've never bothered with more than two at the same time because of the noise.
But I find the child stage more boring because they cannot do much more and at the same time wreak more havok and need more babysitting.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 17th May 2014 at 3:26 PM
Yeah, if you took care of four toddlers at once (plus an infant), you'd probably change your tune about them. This whole ordeal is making me want to stop playing again, but I'm trying to tough it out because I know I'll start having fun again once Laura has an empty nest. I just sent the second kid to Smugworth Prep School, because I rolled Genius, Friendly, and Hates the Outdoors for him.

The twins, Michael and Amanda, are aging up in 7 days. It'll be great getting them out of the house.
Test Subject
#28 Old 17th May 2014 at 11:30 PM
Ever since I got the baby swing, the toddler walker and the playpen, taking care of the kids is so easy.

.. I mean, it's almost like cheating, but eh, EA approved cheating!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 18th May 2014 at 12:36 AM
I once played through a marriage with Agnes and Leighton, they ended up having back to back triplets and twins, and then another set of twins. Then Agnes died in a fire so it was just Leighton by himself trying to hold a job and raise 8 children. Talk about chaos.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 18th May 2014 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sasha4
Ever since I got the baby swing, the toddler walker and the playpen, taking care of the kids is so easy.

.. I mean, it's almost like cheating, but eh, EA approved cheating!

I'm guessing those are store items? How do they make things easier?
Alchemist
#31 Old 18th May 2014 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by surfer85
I'm guessing those are store items? How do they make things easier?

Yes, those are store items. The playpen and walker fulfills all the toddler's needs when they use the objects. There's a mod that fixes this in this wiki somewhere.

Just call me Nikel
Scholar
#32 Old 18th May 2014 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CorruptedBride
I usually get so annoyed with the infant stage I literally set it to like 4 days.

Four days? Wow. I could never endure that. I set my toddler stage to two days, and even then sometimes I just age them up in frustration.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 18th May 2014 at 9:09 PM
I reduced the toddler stage from 7 to 4 days and I still age them up early in frustration after the toddler has learned the toddler skills. I hate Sims 3 toddlers, and the parent's obsession with putting them in the crib doesn't help
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 19th May 2014 at 4:52 PM
Around the Sims has a functional playpen and swing if you do not have the Store Playpen here: http://aroundthesims3.com/objects/room_nursery_04.shtml and here: http://aroundthesims3.com/objects/room_nursery_03.shtml
Simlogical has a fix for the Store Playpen and Walker here: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...hp?topic=2415.0
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 21st May 2014 at 1:31 PM
Our long national nightmare is over. The last kid just got sent to boarding school, so the mother will have the house all to herself once she divorces daddy.

Yeah, the toddler stage is 20 days in my game due to 1 year = 7 days, so it's an ordeal.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 25th May 2014 at 10:44 PM
I think 2 toddlers should be the limit, any more and there's not much time for the parents to do their own thing. On the plus side, you can give them a head start on Writing, Guitar, and Logic skills. Even if you don't need those skills when they grow up, it fills up the Fun meter.

Quote: Originally posted by babele44
If, by any chance, they become too tired before my Sims return I click on the sleepy moodlet and they fall asleep right on the floor and the babysitter cannot wake them up to mess up my care schedule. Sleeping on the floor has the exact same motive regeneration rate as sleeping in a crib.

Really? I didn't know either of those things!

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
#37 Old 26th May 2014 at 4:45 PM
I can barely manage two babies at once, so I cannot imagine having back to back toddlers. When all else fails, I adopt a child or teenager just so I don't have to deal with a toddler and the crying.
Test Subject
#38 Old 27th May 2014 at 10:54 PM
You could always try TestingCheatsEnabled True you can manipulate there age by shift clicking on any sim and click on trigger age transmutation. Or you can shift click on a sim and push edit sim in 'Create a Sim' and you can customize any sim to look the way you want them too
Page 2 of 2