Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 10:47 PM
Most of us are still here. People are still playing TS2, so I doubt this forum will ever be abandoned
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 11:38 PM
I'm playing 2 more at the moment as it runs better on the laptop. I also play 3.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
One Minute Ninja'd
#28 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 12:20 AM
Just a quick note on the subject, but right now, there are ~160 people on the TS3 board, and only ~65 on the TS4 board. I think the TS2 board was around 80. So still plenty of folks over on this part of the forum. Actually, most of them. I think folks might be a bit more vocal with more posts on the TS4 board, because there's all kinds of new stuff to discover, and all kinds of new bugs to rant about.

As well, of course, as the endless "Is it good yet?" threads that lurk to suck you in and force you to shed tears of blood.
Theorist
#29 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 2:44 AM
I didn't buy Sims 4 and won't be buying it at all. I'm playing 3 and since TS2UC came out, I'm back playing that. Having loads of fun shopping for the goodies all over again and getting my game just right. As for TS3, I got Island Paradise about 2 months ago and I'm having tons of fun with that, and yesterday I finally got Uni. It's installed and I'm finally getting around to playing it now. Still having loads of fun in that game too!!

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 3:15 AM
I've decided to consider TS4 after EA has finished releasing all expansions, stuffs, store content, etcetera, and especially after they've finished patching it. Only then will I know if they've managed to polish that turd into something worth my time. Until then, it's TS3 for me.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Instructor
#31 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 6:44 AM
I think I will play TS 4 for a while, it's new and I was too curious.
I'm still collecting Mods for TS 3, because I will return to my open world game, when I get bored. Let's say: this weekend I'm not planning to buy any Add On or Stuff Pack for TS 4.
Scholar
#32 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 6:45 AM
Me too....i am sticking with 3....
Inventor
#33 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 9:10 AM Last edited by StupidFlanders : 9th Oct 2014 at 9:26 AM.
I will consider getting TS4 when I can create something like this in it:

edit: He was originally supposed to be a bunny, but I fucked up the ears and did not have a proper skin for it, otherwise you can have bunnies in TS3.
Screenshots

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Scholar
#34 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 9:19 AM
I only moved from TS2 to TS3 less than a year ago and haven't even gotten to dip into a lot of the features, never mind fully explore them all, so I'll be sticking with this one for a good while yet. And even if I ever manage to explore everything, there's no way I'm moving to a sims game that doesn't have toddlers. It's one of my favourite life stages. Total dealbreaker right there. And then there's the limited customisation and the loading screens everywhere...*shudders* No way. I'm not going back to that.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Test Subject
#35 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 2:12 PM
After giving a try to S4 ..i'm curious lol I reinstalled my S3 folder to restart playing with . his gameplay and open world missed me too much but I don't say I will never play again with S4 I'm just waiting for something new and really interesting!
Theorist
#36 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 4:12 PM
I've been playing Sims 4. It's getting boring, but I plan to stick with it till I've done all there is to do in it so I get the full experience even though it's been making me very sleepy.

I will be back to Sims 3. I don't like the loading screens on Sims 4 every time I have a sim go anywhere. Yeah, they're not that long, but they're annoying and just long enough that I tend to not have my sims go anywhere. In TS3, I'd have my sims all over town doing different things. If they needed skills or needed to go to work, I'd switch to a different household. Can't do that in TS4, nor would I want to because there'd be more loading screens involved. It's really made me have to change my play style and the longer I play TS4, the more I miss my old play style. I play TS4 more like I played TS2.

Lack of CASt is also really stifling my creativity. Every time I plan my TS4 sims' outfits, I want to punch whoever it was at EA that decided to nix the feature. I would have even been okay with just a color-wheel. Tons of games manage to implement dynamically applied color without any kind of lag. I have no desire whatsoever to make or download recolors and I'm not going to bother. Lack of CASt has made me really uninterested in modding TS4 or even making mods for it. I haven't bothered to put any CC into it and I doubt I will bother. Pushing and pulling on the sim's face also seemed cool at first, but overall, I prefer sliders. I also prefer on TS3 where you can ignore the presets altogether and just use sliders, because the presets are just slider presets while in TS4 you have to use the presets to get as close as you want because it actually swaps out different mesh parts. The emotions and multitasking are pretty cool, but I'd be more than happy to give it up to get CASt back.

Resident wet blanket.
Test Subject
#37 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 4:54 PM
Currently @ 10:54 am central time, there are 88 viewers on the Sims 4 forum, and 127 total viewers on THIS forum. There are almost always more viewers on the TS3 forum than TS4's.

I haven't got TS4 and I'm not going to.
Theorist
#38 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 5:20 PM
Ts3 is going through a funny period right now because A) the premium items have been discontinued and B) a new similar game arrived. I noticed the production of fan-made towns has gone down a bit. Hopefully this curiosity in Ts4 will fade over time. We shall see. As mentioned, the Ts3 forums are still the busiest though, which is a positive sign. It will be interesting to see how that turns out also.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Scholar
#39 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 5:42 PM
If anyone watches, the TS3 forum has many more people reading it than the TS4 forum at almost any given time. That says something. I remember when TS3 came out and the TS2 forums were almost totally abandoned at least for a month or two.
Test Subject
#40 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 7:03 PM
I have the TS4, played it for a week, and made me appreciate even more the Sims 3. So much more in fact I started a project to give the game a new look, fixed bugs, and added new game play through the use of additional mods.

Yesterday in my main hood, I added a working university, evening school, working bank, installed new tombs near a resort, added a jogging track in the park, and added a new lighting mod that provides for longer days.

I am currently on the fence about adding a stock market. I will see what today brings for fresh new content.

Maybe others will play the TS4 for a while and then say how can I make the Sims 3 better. We might then have a surge of new people, people trying out their modding skills, people making new content, and a whole lot more Sims 3 discussion.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 7:11 PM
Still playing 3 here, 'cause I can't be bothered to launch Origin today
Field Researcher
#42 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 9:44 AM
Gone to sims4, tried, did stuff, and then retuned to sim3 with joy!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 3:42 PM
I don't have sims 4, I will be here forever... don't wait on me.

Nobody might see what I see in you, but all I want you to know is your special, to special for words sometimes.
Page 2 of 2