Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 9:39 PM Last edited by nurny : 10th Oct 2014 at 10:39 PM.
My sister is almost 2 and always tries to steal the mouse from me when I play Sims with her on my lap. I don't know if it's just because she likes computers, or because she thinks every sim is a baby, but I predict she'll demand to actually play once she knows how to ask.

My other sister is 11 and awful. Every time she plays, she starts a new game in Appaloosa Plains with one female sim and a dog. She has a grand total of one save file, and it was from me. 100% of her sims look like your typical TSR huge-eyes, pudding faced uglies, but with severe CASt misuse. Pure black hair with straight up #FF0000 highlights, and the same for all the Sim's clothes. She leaves the game running on speed 1 when she goes to school, AND through band practice and dinner. She buys the disk version of an expansion, hands me the Origin code, installs it, then puts the disc WHO KNOWS WHERE and the empty case on her bookshelf. I don't mind having Pets and Supernatural for free, but...Christ, man, how does she survive? I don't remember doing any of those things, ever, and I started when I was 9! Granted, it's not really possible to make a "beutiful" sim in TS1...

you mean you don't lust after death? you don't wanna go on a romantic cruise to hell with death? you don't wanna give death an oil massage?
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 8:04 AM
My nieces sims always look the same. Don't tell her that I said that. I don't know how she plays the game, but nothing ever happens in her saves. Non of her sims ever learn any skills, other than while they are doing the task. All of her game are basic budding playing, girl meet boy, they marry, have kids, after the second child ages to teen, she starts I new save. Or She starts with one girl sim with a horse... She rarely leaves the home lot so you would think she puts soms efford building it and furnishing it, Nope, I sometimes go sit next to her and just watch her play. All I can think of is "Really?. She is 13 years old.
Test Subject
#29 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 5:37 PM Last edited by smukkemiss : 11th Oct 2014 at 6:48 PM.
I have played sims since sims 1, and my niece, nephew and various other family members have played with me, or my game themself countless of times. I remember that my niece and nephew always created their mom, dad and themself to play. I remember one time when I had promised my niece that we could play, and then said I did not want to anyway. She just looked at me with big puppy dog eyes, and I said "that dont work on me"... We were playing the game a minute after that
On another note, then I actually learned a lot by playing sims from a young age, because my first language is not english and my game was in english. I also have very fond memories of playing with my best childhood friend. Especially one time at my birthday, when we played the whole night and watched the sunset.

Edit: I dont know why there was some disagreeing. If it was because I was out of topic, then I have just removed that part.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 7:01 PM Last edited by nurny : 11th Oct 2014 at 7:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by smukkemiss
I have played sims since sims 1, and my niece, nephew and various other family members have played with me, or my game themself countless of times. I remember that my niece and nephew always created their mom, dad and themself to play. I remember one time when I had promised my niece that we could play, and then said I did not want to anyway. She just looked at me with big puppy dog eyes, and I said "that dont work on me"... We were playing the game a minute after that
On another note, then I actually learned a lot by playing sims from a young age, because my first language is not english and my game was in english. I also have very fond memories of playing with my best childhood friend. Especially one time at my birthday, when we played the whole night and watched the sunset.

Edit: I dont know why there was some disagreeing. If it was because I was out of topic, then I have just removed that part.

People were disagreeing with what you said about needing to make sure you know what kids are doing with technology at all times. It's not because they don't like you or think you're annoying.

you mean you don't lust after death? you don't wanna go on a romantic cruise to hell with death? you don't wanna give death an oil massage?
Test Subject
#31 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nurny
People were disagreeing with what you said about needing to make sure you know what kids are doing with technology at all times. It's not because they don't like you or think you're annoying.

Oh okay, I did not take it personal, I just thought that people thought it annoying.
And I did not mean that you should know what your kids are doing all the time, by the way. I must not have phrased it too well. I Just meant that ignoring the importance of technology in their lives will lead you to not be able to be let into their world. And that can be dangerous, because if a parent bans something, I think most kids will do it any way, maybe just because of that ban. So if you are worried about their use of technology it is better to meet them where they are, and then of course guide them and put down fair rules in their use of technology: Like the OP who lets her child play sims, but with certain precautions.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 3:15 AM
... Back on topic, AWWWWW! That's so cute!

I didn't start playing the Sims when I was young. Probably around 11 or 12, not nearly as cute an age as 4.

Queen of the Land of Typos.

Check out my simblr.
Scholar
#33 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 12:44 PM
Aww, kewpie, that's adorable.

I helped my five-year-old niece make a sim a while ago. She ended up very pink, if I remember correctly. I saved it so I could take a picture later.

And I first played sims when I was about 6. I don't remember much but it was an old-looking couple and the woman was called Granny. She died in a fire and I started crying, then my dad wouldn't let me on it after that I ended up getting sims 2 later though, when I was about 10. Ah, memories...
Mad Poster
#34 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 2:08 AM
I have a 12-year-old (he will be 13 in December) who's on the autism spectrum. He's watched me build houses in Sims 2, then 3 from the time he was 7 years old. I just put the walls up or go to a different floor when my Sims WooHoo.

It's actually helped him identify what different rooms are and what goes in them. I think it's helped him, watching Sims interact and everything. I don't have any adult mods and as I said, he doesn't see it when they WooHoo or anything like that.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 12:02 AM
NEED. PICTURES. NOW. jk

Can't believe people still read these.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Garnier
I actually learned english a lot from The Sims 2 cause it's not my first language. I was about 5-6 years old and TS2 was my first Sims game. I would click on things like the couch and click sit and then I would see what the sim does and I learned the meanings, although for the next 2 years I thought "use" means to go to the potty.

That's... actually pretty ingenious. I'll have to keep this in mind when I get my TEFL certificate.
Scholar
#37 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 5:19 PM
My niece plays with me when she comes to visit, and when she was 5-6 years old she'd decided that she wanted it on her mom's computer to play at will at home too. She is much like all the other girls mentioned here: cats, fairies and horses interest her in TS3 (no pink though - yellow is her color of choice). TS2, however, was declared a better game, I must inform you (she played that one too, ofc) and I think it is because of the way the kids look in TS2. That, and the OFB florist shop her family owned as a home business. TS3 does offer horses, so she tolerated it after I installed Pets. She's created a family consisting of a fairy and three horses, out of which the Gypsy horse is her favorite. It is now mandatory that I move them into whatever world I'm currently playing. They have become one of my most favorite families, I have to say.

She's now 8 years old and the Sims are ok, however she's mad about Skyrim. (Talk about corrupting the youth...) She's playing an archer atm, sneaking around, keeping her enemy on target, saying things like: "Just you wait, and you'll see- or rather not see - what I'll do to you, you stupid troll... Oh, a dragon! I can take you both... Just.You.Wait... Huh! What did I tell you?! Dead! It is dead! Now, onto the dragon..."

If I had corrupted her in some way, I'm still hoping that it will be for the best. Maybe she will be able to defend me one day when the dragons attack, my little Dragonborn.

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Theorist
#38 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 8:57 PM
I just hope we don't have a lot of youngsters taking over the forum. That would fucking suck if I have to watch my language, because I love cussing like a sailor and all that shit.

Resident wet blanket.
Page 2 of 2