Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 5:50 PM
Default Considering leaving moonlight falls
I actually chose moonlight falls specifically because of its lower population. Back before i got the new laptop with much better specks, i had to leave sunset valley because it made my game lag sooooooooo bad!

Only now, the very reason i chose moonlight falls is now the reason i want to leave. I am so fed up with going places like the festival grounds and being literally the only sim there. Nearly every decent sim in moonlight falls is in a relationship, and i am sick of how isolated it feels.

I want to move to sunset valley again, but worried about the lag.

My specs on the new laptop is windows 8, 8 gigs of ram, durl core processor, and newest video card. Should i go for it?
Advertisement
Scholar
#3 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 8:45 PM
You could create more sims or move some in form other hoods
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 9:54 PM
I have some high reward wishes saved up in my sims panel that i am working on fulfilling that i don't want to lose. I am considering switching to sims 2 for a while again. I am getting bored with my household in sims 3
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 11:33 PM
It never hurts to take a break from the Sims 3.
Instructor
#6 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by darkannie
I actually chose moonlight falls specifically because of its lower population. Back before i got the new laptop with much better specks, i had to leave sunset valley because it made my game lag sooooooooo bad!

Only now, the very reason i chose moonlight falls is now the reason i want to leave. I am so fed up with going places like the festival grounds and being literally the only sim there. Nearly every decent sim in moonlight falls is in a relationship, and i am sick of how isolated it feels.

I want to move to sunset valley again, but worried about the lag.

My specs on the new laptop is windows 8, 8 gigs of ram, durl core processor, and newest video card. Should i go for it?

Maybe you should download one of the 'fixed' varients of worlds here at mts. One of the big causes of lag is issues with routing. Also do you have things like overwatch installed? They can help a great deal!

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 2:32 PM
That's weird, I always remember having lag in moonlight falls and not sunset valley
Alchemist
#8 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 4:39 PM
Maybe it's all those werewolves transforming during the full moon and when their mood is low.
Seriously, every time I send my sims to the library there's at least 4 of them What gives?

Edit: ohh could it be the fog emitters? There's a lot of them in the cemetery area. And Theron MacDuff seems to be in a permanent argument with ErrorTrap, judging by the number of errors it's assaulting me with.