Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#126 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by helaene
I can't find the gameplayData.package file for the Sims 3 Generations... what file should I be looking in for XML tuning the new EP?
Take it from the basegame folder. Seems like EA is cutting down on the redundancy a bit.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#127 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
Take it from the basegame folder. Seems like EA is cutting down on the redundancy a bit.

Thanks very much! :lovestruc

~ h e l a e n e ~
https://www.patreon.com/helaene (free)
Test Subject
#128 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 7:57 PM
Default Needing HELP
I was trying to make a mod for the money cheat, but I don't see it in my gameplay list for modding. Can someone please tell me what it's under?
#129 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Poetrii
I was trying to make a mod for the money cheat, but I don't see it in my gameplay list for modding. Can someone please tell me what it's under?
You can only change the amount of money the kaching and motherlode cheats give in Cheats_0x30fdab1426dacd19. The money command is hardcoded and cannot be altered with a tuning mod.

Test Subject
#130 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 4:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
You can only change the amount of money the kaching and motherlode cheats give in Cheats_0x30fdab1426dacd19. The money command is hardcoded and cannot be altered with a tuning mod.

Thank you =)
Test Subject
#131 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 9:25 AM
So let's say you wanted to change the ability of interactions based on age groups. Let's say you have The cuddle bed woohoo, right? And You wanted to make this available to teens. So, it has a short list of age groups allowed to do it... (Y,A,E), And in other .xml files and such, teens are associated with a T. Would it allow teenagers to do this if I added the T to it? (T,A,Y,E)?? Because, I did this. I followed every step of the tutorial. Did I do it wrong, oorrrr is it just not possible/easy like that?
#132 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 2:45 PM
It's not possible/easy like that. There are some hardcoded checks that will exclude teens from certain interactions and overrule anything in these interactions' ITUN resources.

Lab Assistant
#133 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 8:20 PM
I've trying to modfity the skill.xml and I have no idea what to change.

<Level_1>1800</Level_1>
<Level_2>1350</Level_2>
<Level_3>2400</Level_3>
<Level_4>3900</Level_4>
<Level_5>5700</Level_5>
<Level_6>8400</Level_6>
<Level_7>11700</Level_7>
<Level_8>15600</Level_8>
<Level_9>20400</Level_9>
<Level_10>27000</Level_10>

I keep looking at this section thinking this is what I need to change.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#134 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 11:22 PM
Well, what are you trying to change about it?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#135 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 4:11 PM
I dont have either the external or edit button. Do I need to download something?
#136 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 4:21 PM
The buttons were removed in a recent version of S3PE. Right-click on the resource to find the 'Notepad' entry. That is if you exported the resource to a new package first. Don't edit the game resources directly!

Test Subject
#137 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 3:02 AM
-_- it keeps giving me this message when i try to open the gameplay file:
Could not open package:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Gameplay\GameplayData.package
Front-end Distribution: 11-0402-0951
Library Distribution: 11-0402-0951
Source: mscorlib
Assembly: mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Gameplay\GameplayData.package' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at s3pi.Package.Package.OpenPackage(Int32 APIversion, String PackagePath, Boolean readwrite)

at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.MainForm_PackageFilenameChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
-----
I need help! i dont know if this will change what i put in nectar I want to be able to put ANYTHING into nectar, so i though this might be how.

Hello Awsome people/Modders
#138 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 7:27 AM
amazinggoddess, you probably need to start S3PE as Administrator to get access to the Program Files directories. Or try ticking the read-only tickybox when you open the file.

Also, I assume you want to be able to put everything into nectar, since putting anything into nectar is already possible. Putting everything into nector will not be possible, though, or at least it's not reasonable. Most restrictions and functionality of the nectar maker are hardcoded. You'd need to make an entirely new nectar maker script and basically remove all of its functionality and replace it with nonsense to enable it to handle everything. You might be able to turn all ingredients into fruits with an XML mod, but that's about all you can do with tuning modding.

Test Subject
#139 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 6:03 PM
Default Help
The editor does not commit my changes.What must i do now?
Test Subject
#140 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 10:03 PM
hi i will just get to the point

i noticed this

<BaseAvailability>
<Age Children="True" Adults="True" Toddlers="False" Teens="True" Elders="True" />

also seen as this

C,T,Y,A,E

i was trying to see if i can get the start snubing interaction to work for everyone so i found <baseAvailability> T and added C, ,Y,A,E,

that didnt work so i tried adding
<Age Children="True" Adults="True" Toddlers="False" Teens="True" Elders="True" /> this

again no luck.

can you add fields like C,T,Y,A,E or can i only change what is already there?

for example if i knew how ea named one of its tags could i add this into a string?

am i needing to core mod?

thanks
#141 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yellow_fin
<Age Children="True" Adults="True" Toddlers="False" Teens="True" Elders="True" />
That's the old format that was used prior to Generations and the related patch. It doesn't work any more.

Quote:
can you add fields like C,T,Y,A,E or can i only change what is already there?
You can add fields. Maybe try to copy&paste it from a different ITUN. Maybe you broke something.

There might be additional hard-coded restrictions, though, which aren't affected by tuning modding. Which ITUN are you trying to mod? Also if you post your package, I'll have a look at it.

Test Subject
#142 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 9:13 PM
i will get back to you about this asap just got some other things to sort out at the moment. i think i would be great to have bitchy mode for everyone. why does it just have to be teens.
Test Subject
#143 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yellow_fin
i will get back to you about this asap just got some other things to sort out at the moment. i think i would be great to have bitchy mode for everyone. why does it just have to be teens.

oh by the way i may have had partial success originally because my tester sims where 2 C,T,Y,A,E

all where related in some form or other like mother father brother sister granma grandad. the C could start snubbing T brother but none of the others could, it may well be a part of the vanilla game but i dont play children much so i dont know, but it seams logical
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 6:12 PM
Hi, is it possible for me to mod the chance of a vampire and sim having a vampire offspring? I always get vampire kids The sims 3 team advertised there would be a 50% chance, but it seems to be more like 100%!
Field Researcher
#145 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 6:53 AM
Can anyone help me with editing xml for opening and closing times for LN bars?
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 2:08 AM
Can I add lines to xmls or just edit the existing ones? For example, I'm trying to edit how many generations back a child can inherit genes from and I want to add this line: <kInheritGreatGrandparentTrait value="20">
I wasn't sure if it could be done with XMLs or if it would require a core mod.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#147 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 10:35 AM
Majuchan, have you had a look at some of the existing LN bar opening mods? I would suggest downloading Notepad++: you can then extract the XML from a bar opening mod, extract the same XML from the GameplayData.package, and Notepad++ can then automatically show you which lines are different, and therefore which lines need to be changed.

JNAS2006, sadly, that won't work. XML values have to be specifically referenced by the game. So, somewhere in the game, either the game core or a script says (as the most basic example I can think of) "If <kSimCanDoStuff> = Yes, then do stuff". Then when the script is actually being used, the script tells the game to look for kSimCanDoStuff and check whether it's set to Yes or No. If there's nothing in teh game core, or a script, referring to an XML field, then having that extra XML field - like kInheritGreatGrandparentTrait - won't do any harm, but the game will just ignore it.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
JNAS2006, sadly, that won't work. XML values have to be specifically referenced by the game. So, somewhere in the game, either the game core or a script says (as the most basic example I can think of) "If <kSimCanDoStuff> = Yes, then do stuff". Then when the script is actually being used, the script tells the game to look for kSimCanDoStuff and check whether it's set to Yes or No. If there's nothing in teh game core, or a script, referring to an XML field, then having that extra XML field - like kInheritGreatGrandparentTrait - won't do any harm, but the game will just ignore it.

So basically if I want to edit the genetics to my liking I'm going to have to learn core/script modding and then use the xml as a tuning tool to change the values? I know twallans SP has some genetics options(advanced genetics) and his mods are mostly script mods right? So I could PROBABLY assume I'd be ok learning script modding and going from there. I've already got XML modding down, so I might as well start script modding next XD
Test Subject
#149 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 6:27 AM Last edited by immortalfreiza : 5th Jan 2012 at 7:17 AM.
I wanted to make a XML mod that would allow wild animals to appear in Bridgeport. So, I created a mod using the tutorial and altering the <allowworldtype> (I put in Downtown) in the petpool part of the gamplay package, which I then created as a package and put in my sims 3 mods folder. So, my questions are, did I do this correctly, and if I did is there a way to tell if the XML mod I created has actually been loaded by the game?

EDIT: Never mind, it works.
Forum Resident
#150 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 2:54 PM Last edited by nonamena : 11th Feb 2012 at 4:35 PM.
I have a general question about XML modding. If I disallow autonomy for a certain interaction, is it important to make the change values for fun (for example) less attractive? Could it cause extra stress on the game if the sim keeps thinking "this looks so fun but I can't do it?" Hope this question makes sense to someone.
Page 6 of 8