Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#151 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 1:36 AM
So Lost Right Now!
Hey...I've been coming to MOD for sometime now and mostly I'm able to find what I need by a little searching....now I'm in despearate need of some help and this is my first time posting. Is this where I should post my question...if my question seems dumb...please....help me anyway!

I just did a digital download of HELS and my game will not load....I don't know what to do................HELP!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 2:13 AM
Answered my own question
I figured out where to post my question....sorry for my intrusion!
Scholar
#153 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 4:36 AM
Default Where the HELS is the hair on top left of HELS package?
Okay I didn't buy HELS this weekend for the hair. I wanted the aquarium badly and I do like modern style deco for Sims. But at the top left of the package, there is a blonde boy and a brunette girl, probably teens, maybe young adults, dancing. They both have hair that doesn't look like anything I've seen in game with base game, WA or even some of my store content. I assumed this was HELS hair and I really liked it and I was looking forward to using it.

Well I went into Create A Sim and the pictured hair is not there for any age group. Instead, there is the infamous "lime cat" hair and some ridiculously long-banged shag hair for females. The boy's style was not there either. Just this wonky hair that my elementary school boy best friend had that made us all call him "egghead" and some weird slicked back deal and another that was cute but not memorable. For those of you who have the HELS box and can see what two styles I'm talking about, can you tell me if those styles are indeed in HELS (and just failed to show up in my game) or are they styles we've always had that just look new to me because they're so nicely colored on the box? Please and thank you!
Mad Poster
#154 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 12:08 PM
Just got my case out to look, and I think you're right! I don't recall seeing either of those hairs in the game (including BG, WA and all store hair). The man's hair looks similar to one of the base game ones only longer, but the female's doesn't resemble any.
Field Researcher
#155 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 4:05 PM
They both look a bit like.. newsea hairs.
Scholar
#156 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 4:47 PM
Default Misleading, much?
Oh gosh, I was hoping you all would post that I must need more eye surgery and that the hair was indeed somewhere amongst EA's offerings and I'd just overlooked it. Talk about deceptive advertising! If you see new hairstyles on a stuff pack that claims to have new hairs in it, wouldn't you assume the new hairstyles shown on the cover of the SP would in fact be the offerings IN the new stuffpack! Instead we are treated to some serious new levels of FUG! I'm still rebuilding my game and resettling my sims but at some point I'll try to get screenshots post of the ugly hairs that ARE in the game. The styles for the women wouldn't be so bad if TS3 hairs were capable of movement like TS2 hairs were, but as the case stands, they elevate the concept of "helmet hair" to a whole new level.

This is a new low for EA.

On the bright side, I'm enjoying the furniture and finding more use for it than I thought I would, given that I'm currently playing a rather primitive looking world. The HELS furniture already comes in at least one default color that fits right in with that world. But really there doesn't feel like a whole lot is in the pack. I expected more light fixtures, for instance. It's okay though. I'm happy with the SP, just not the deceptive package! Maybe that hair was supposed to be in the SP and they ripped it out to sell in the store, eventually.
Instructor
#157 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 6:04 PM
I totally know what you are talking about, summersong. I too really liked the hairs on the cover and was disappointed that they weren't in the pack. I also totally agree that they probably were going to put them in the pack, but then took them out to put in the store instead. I bet hair sells the best in the store, so they will try to milk every dime they can out of hair. ^^
Eminence Grise
#158 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by summersong86
This is a new low for EA.

Nah, it's an old low for EA They have a long history of putting hair on box art that isn't in the game.
Test Subject
#159 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 8:07 PM
I didn't notice the hair before, it is pretty indeed. It's a pity they didn't include it in the game. I bought HELS a few weeks ago. I love the furniture. They are perfect for my modern homes. But why did they only make a single tile window? Why not a double tile one? It doesn't make sense. And I am very happy they included the aquarium again. I missed that.
Forum Resident
#160 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 1:43 AM
Old thread This is awsome I'm getting it today!
Page 7 of 7