Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#51 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 4:19 AM
I want a SHARK with a FRIKKEN LAZOR on its head.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 5:46 AM
I want a giant squid, then it could stretch out its tentacles and grab sims off the beach and pull them shrieking and crying into the watery depths. And you could have one as a pet and put in your swimming pool and feed neighbors to it. It would go so great with the new 50's diner, since all the great horror movies come from the 50s.

Oh well... it would be cool...

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Instructor
#53 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 7:05 AM
Cats and Dogs would be nice, and I'd like to be able to see the level of customization for humans apply to pets so I could feel like they're unique.

Mostly, I just want them to include some sort of pets so I can have a werewolf sim again <3

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Instructor
#54 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 7:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
I want a SHARK with a FRIKKEN LAZOR on its head.

Ha! Call Scotty, he'll hook you up.

Late dawns and early sunsets just like my favorite scenes
Then holding hands and life was perfect just like up on the screen
Scholar
#55 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
Reasonable animals. Dogs, cats, perhaps special reward pets like wolves and ocelots, birds, more interactive fish, turtles, lizards.

People always want stuff like sheep or horses or rabbits but I must be the only person in the world who imagines that and sees it as being completely out of place.

It would certainly be out of place if they just plopped some livestock down in the middle of Riverview. Absolutely. But I think that The Sims 2 Pets EP proved that household pets alone, are not remotely enough content for an entire expansion pack.

I think they should do a farming type expansion with a whole new rural neighbourhood. Animals could be harvested for things like wool, eggs, and milk which could be crafted into clothes, cheese, butter etc. for selling at an outdoor Farmer's Market. It would also play right into the Medieval/Fantasy themes that seem to be very popular within the Sims community. And of course you would still have the cats and dogs and caged critters. Throw in a a few related careers and an animal hospital and you'd have a nice full pack.

I'd also like to have the dragon back. I loved that thing. Actually, there are a whole lot more things from the Sims 1 that I would like back than things that I miss from Sims 2. :p
Mad Poster
#56 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 5:24 AM
I want a frekken dragons too! D8 aeval, you jarred my memory XD I thought i was missing some reptilian on my 'do want' list
Test Subject
#57 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 6:58 PM
Dogs,cats,ferrets,womrats,actual rats,more fish and maybe reptiles + rabbits. Maybe they could have rats and stuff roaming around which you could adopt and get diseases from? Or maybe a farming subhood,since I love subhoods in ts2. I wouldn't mind bunnies ^_^. They dont seem out of place imo,lots of people keep rabbits,either in a hutch outside or inside.
Livestock seems out of hand though,but maybe kleptos could steal ducks from ponds or something? =p
Field Researcher
#58 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 8:16 PM
Cats and Dogs...okay, maybe some birds

I don't really f**k with Africa, cause people are starving to death and that's not baller to me...-Dave Chappelle (Chappelle's Show, Cribs Sketch)
Scholar
#59 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdossantos047
Cats and Dogs...okay, maybe some birds

So what else do you want in the pack? Surely you aren't going to pay 40 bucks for cats, dogs and some birds?
Test Subject
#60 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 2:57 AM
I know a lot of people want these fantasy-inspired creatures like dragons and gryphons and such, but for me, that would make my Sims 3 a little too similar to an MMORPG in the sense that those things don't exist in real life. I play RPGs when I feel like slaying fantastical monsters, I play Sims when I feel like raising a family. So I wouldn't mind cats, dogs, more fish and such, as well as some farm animals that weren't playable, but Riverview just doesn't seem like a real farming community without the occasional cow grazing in a field.

I also like the idea of ponies for the town's little rich kids, but that may be asking too much from EA.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#61 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 9:48 AM
Hi, I know that most of you are saying that there should be more effort made on the smaller pets and more should be added. I personally argee, and I think also they should include a sims 3 farm expansion that has lots of farm animals because everyone seems to be asking for one but for some reason EA is doesn't seem as they will make one, plus since everyone wants one it will make them a lot of money.
But lets just hope EA will come to their senses and make one.

And to Cadence, I'm not trying to offended you but there are already fantasy creatures or sims in the game (like mummies). But some fantasy creatures would still be okay for the game (like what they had in Sims makin magic) while others will be a bother like you say.
Test Subject
#62 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 10:29 PM
I saw some people saying it would be cool to have farm animals to harvest from. I no doubt would love it! Like chickens laying eggs and milking cows. That would be so fun!
the only one pet i would be ecstatic to have is CHICKENS like i said i love them thed be so fun to play with!!!! And also not your average pet.
Forum Resident
#63 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 10:45 PM
I've heard potbelly pigs make good pets... They'd also fit in well with the rural Riverview.
Field Researcher
#64 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval99
I think they should do a farming type expansion with a whole new rural neighbourhood. Animals could be harvested for things like wool, eggs, and milk which could be crafted into clothes, cheese, butter etc. for selling at an outdoor Farmer's Market. It would also play right into the Medieval/Fantasy themes that seem to be very popular within the Sims community. And of course you would still have the cats and dogs and caged critters. Throw in a a few related careers and an animal hospital and you'd have a nice full pack.

A farming EP would be like my EP dream come true!!!
Test Subject
#65 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 12:48 AM
unicorns cows penguins dragons bats spiders cheetas lions dogs mouse rat hamster bears

Smile, if your Happy
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 11:42 AM
House pets(Cats, dogs, aquarium fish, mice, bunnies etc.), Wilderness (Wolves, Monkeys, Giraffes, Elephants, The whole circus, Lions, Tigers and Bears oh my!), Mythical (Unicorn, Dragon, Gryhpon, Loch Ness Monster, Also it would be cool to have Centaurs and that your sims could be turned into one the idea of half sim-half animal is a good idea :P, Mothman, Bigfoot, Chupacabra, Also Mermaids that'd be cool too have your sim half fish too lol, (or real if you believe in it :P), Bigger fishies in the deep blue sea (Dolphins, Small whales or big if you have enough memory xD, Marlins, Pretty colorful fish, eels, Turtles, Jellyfish, And most portantly sharks would be cool to have that as a death type maybe xD.) Reptiles (Lizards, Iguanas, Snakes, Crocks xD) Birds (Crows, Swans, Eagles, Humming, Storks :P, Annnnnnd the birdies you see on the Poles outside, Birds in a cage too like cockatoos, Parots, Owls etc.) it'd be cool to have an option to bring back prehistoric life since dinosaurs are related to birds :P. Have it like as a lifetime option or something to create dinosaur eggs between like small kinds of Tyrannosauroids, Dromaeosaurids, Avialans, Sauropodomorphs, Brachiosaurids, Stegosaurians, Hadrosaurids, Ceratopsians, have you're own Dino Park lol. Also like the Ice Age era (Forgot the name xD) Like Mammoths, Saber tooth tiger, Doe doe xD.

"Go to Heaven for the Climate, Hell for the company." - Mark Twain
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#67 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 11:46 AM
DaniShani, you want fries with that too? Srsly, come on, it's not Zoo Tycoon, it's a Sims game.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Theorist
#68 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 12:14 PM
Dogs, Cats, Birds, Hamsters and Stuff like that, and Llamas.
After all, we do have a lack of Llamas.

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Mad Poster
#69 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 12:47 PM
Cats and dogs, some rabbits, wormrats, parots, canaries, some farm animals like sheep, cows, chickens, pigeons and crows for the towns, swans and geese or ducks for the lakes. Some squirrels too.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
DaniShani, you want fries with that too? Srsly, come on, it's not Zoo Tycoon, it's a Sims game.
Never said it that it was zoo tycoon. Yes, I know it's a Sims game but, Was there any harm in what I said? I know it's alot but they're JUST idea's..

"Go to Heaven for the Climate, Hell for the company." - Mark Twain
Field Researcher
#71 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 3:22 PM
Just the basics. Cats, dogs, birds, reptiles, and small pets. Though what I think would be kinda interesting is if your sims could be allergic to furry animals so they could only have reptiles and fish. Allergic sims could get a negative moodlet from being around animals they were allergic to. Though we'd need to be able to choose to make our sims allergic or not because if that was out of our control that would really suck. And if they do the magical expansion again (and it needs to be an expansion pack completely devoted to magic, not thrown into another pack like they did with Apartment Life), they should bring back the little dragon.

They should also bring back the cowplant for the mad scientist sims. Or maybe actually have a creature-robot crossbreed for the Creature-Robot Crossbreeder sims. We could actually have the robot cat LOL! Hell they already have the robot fish.

Wolves would kick ass too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#72 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 10:05 AM
Hi, One idea is that they have a neighbourhood and have secrets about them, for example, if you were to go behind the waterfall in Sunset Valley (a secret tunnel that you must find) then you would work your way through the maze (like WA tombs) and once you have reached the end you can see a shark that only comes out during a few hours every day. You can then take the shark home (hopefully without being bitten, lol) and keep it in your pond as a pet and do intracts with it. Things like that but with lots of unusual and mythcal animals like, Lion, Wild horse, little dragon, wolves, etc but with different mazes that suit that theme where the animal is. Plus with smaller common animals (like frogs) you could find them around as you would gems and you could take it home as a pet. Things like this would be my dream pets expansion pack and one that would suit Sims 3.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#73 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 10:07 AM
Oh yeah and forgot to mention that finding the unusual and mystcal animals through the maze would be so hard and rare (or otherwise they wouldn't be unusual).
Test Subject
#74 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 8:28 PM
Unleashed was my favorite sims 2 expansion, tho i can see not for everyone. Every family had a dog or cat and i loved breeding them! The basics sound good though i wish there were pet shows you could actually GO to. I would want strays back again, though it'd have to be easier to get the relationship up or at least they'd have to come around more often. Always had an issue with almost befriending a stray and then it wouldn't show up again forever.

There could be an added vet career. And pet lover/hater traits.

A couple of mystical animals would be cool, i mean sims always has that bit of the surreal. Like, a unicorn would be awesome but not to be able to keep as a pet, but to maybe be something rare you could come across that could grant you something... immortality? or grant the lifetime wish instantly? of course it'd have to be pretty damn rare or thatd get boring.

I like the idea of randomly spawned animals in the area... squirrels showing up in the backyard (and dogs chasing them), birds sometimes showing in trees... touches like that. Nothing that would slow down our computers too much though.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 8:49 PM
Unleashed was my favourite EP too
Honestly, if there were a crapload of mythical pets, I wouldn't use them. I only really want cats, birds and dogs. I could definitely see ways that other animals such as bears and horses could fit in with the game, but it isn't something I'm personally too interested in. Farm animals might be interesting, but I think I'd get bored after a while. Also I never used womrats, because they seemed kind of pointless and boring to me. At least in TS1 your sim could get sick from them. I don't recall having that in TS2.
I'd like it if we could have more personality customization for pets than in TS2. I don't remember it in great detail, but as I recall we only had a few traits to choose from. Maybe this is just me being a crazy cat lady, but my cats have a heck of a lot more personality than that.
I'd also like to see some animal related traits/aspirations. Like pet allergy/fear of animals as a trait, maybe? And I need a "Crazy cat lady" aspiration (for my simself, hehe). Maybe there could also be a pet related photography collection. Definitely want animal careers as well, such as veterinarian and animal trainer.
Page 3 of 10