Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#201 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 12:18 AM
If you didn't actually save over the original texture .bmp file, it won't show any changes when you refresh. Make sure you're actually saving over the original file (it'll ask you if you want to overwrite it). Photoshop will default to saving as a copy - you need to make sure it doesn't do that, but saves over the original and it should work fine.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#202 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 12:30 AM
thank-you that was what went wrong, thank you
Test Subject
#203 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 5:25 AM
Thank you so much it's great to have tutorials that are easy to understand.
I was totally confused till I found your great tutorials.
please keep posting them.
Test Subject
#204 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 3:49 AM
Thanx, Hon! I am actually starting to get this. Can I just say best tutorial and easiest to work with? You get 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 stars.
Test Subject
#205 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 11:49 PM
thank you so much~ I am a newb at costom content, and this really helped me get going on re-texturizing things. ^^
どもありがとうございます! :D

私はおもしろいものが好きです~と。。。。。私もアカドが好きですよ。
Lab Assistant
#206 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 12:52 PM
Thank you so much, Faylen, for sharing your knowledge with us.:D

'.'Samielle'.'
{.* http://simsfashionbarn.com/ *.}
**TSRAA Member**
"Don't let anynone steal your dreams"
Test Subject
#207 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 7:44 PM
Default thanx
Bravo!!! thanx very much
Test Subject
#208 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 5:07 AM
Thank you very much - that worked out wonderfully!
Test Subject
#209 Old 15th Dec 2006 at 6:44 PM
thankyou so much, your tutorials are my favorite, it took me 2 day to learn all this and i had never done any work on the sims 2 before! so i was very happy w/ myself when i got it!
Test Subject
#210 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 2:31 AM
Wow, that opacity tip was really dynamite. This clears up a lot of mind junk for me.
Thankyou so much!
Instructor
#211 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 6:32 AM
I don't get this. And i am used to work in Photoshop. My english is probably limited.
But what version of photoshop do you use? I have PS 7, and i have to make new layers for changing stuff into an image. is there a thread i have to read before making this to work? (i know how to recolour). I don't understand how to make all this laps put together. Guess i have to try again and again.

1st place in SimCity's Most Eligible Bachelor 2009
2nd in Wicked/Angel male models
2nd in The Ultimate Maxis Sim Makeover
2nd in Bollywood's Next Idol
3rd in Miss Curves
Instructor
#212 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 3:02 PM
well, i made a pyjamas top, with hippie colors. I did it my way. Had difficulties to foolow the recipie, cause it did not work properly. I have to try again, but thanks a lot, i am on the track to get hold on this. It's fun.

Where can one show some of the stuff one have made, without people downloading it? I would show off something so you could correct me if it's possible?

Have a merry christmas and happy New Year!

1st place in SimCity's Most Eligible Bachelor 2009
2nd in Wicked/Angel male models
2nd in The Ultimate Maxis Sim Makeover
2nd in Bollywood's Next Idol
3rd in Miss Curves
Lab Assistant
#213 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 1:25 AM
Thank you SO much!
Maybe I can get this to work with PSP9. XDD
lets hopeee...but thanks again, I suck at coloring.
Test Subject
#214 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 5:01 PM
Thank you for the great tutorial!
It's really going well with me and my exp
Test Subject
#215 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 5:03 AM
Your tutorial was of great help THANK YOU.
Test Subject
#216 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 5:18 AM
Thank You, I really needed all the tutorials you have made..
Keep up the good work !!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#217 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 4:37 PM
Wow!!! Really thanks!!I made some wonderfull recolours which look very realistic )

Everything could be made better...
Test Subject
#218 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 8:19 PM
Default photoshop?
do you think you can give me the link to where you downloaded photoshop? or did you buy it? because I dont have it so is it possible to make good clothes without it?
Lab Assistant
#219 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rawritsamelia
do you think you can give me the link to where you downloaded photoshop? or did you buy it? because I dont have it so is it possible to make good clothes without it?

It is possible to make good clothes without photoshop. As long as you are familiar with your graphic editing programme, you can usually adapt photoshop tutorials to suit. But, not with MSpaint, it is too limited.

There are some very good free paint programmes.

Paint.NET from http://www.getpaint.net/index2.html

Or,

Serif PhotoPlus 6.0 from http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/ which is a full programme, you need to register, so they can send you an unlock code. But, it is quite painless.

Or,

Gimp from http://www.gimp.org/ apparently a very good free rival to photoshop, but personally I couldn't get on with it.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#220 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 6:51 AM
Btw, this is covered in the FAQ of this area, and we have some basic recoloring tutorials for both Paint.net (which is not as crisp when scaling graphics as some programs) and Gimp.

Once you've done the basic tutorials, you can learn a bit more by looking at techniques from other tutorials, because for the most part they all use similar capabilities. Once you know how to use layers and effects and copy and paste and such in the editor you're using, you might find you can follow along in the other tutorials and 'translate' easily enough.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#221 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 5:43 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I'm so excited that I might now be able to make a pair of M&M pj's for my sims. I love those little guys and I have many fabric swatches on my computer of them. With your easy to understand tutorial I will have a lot of fun creating fun clothes for my sims. Who knows if they are "good enough" (in my view) for uploading I can finally give back to the community that has given me such wonderful creations for my game.

Thank you
Test Subject
#222 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 4:55 PM
THANK YOU!!!!! I did this so many times in the Original Sims but when It came to The Sims 2 I was DOA. I had no idea or direction on which way to go using photoshop 7. TTTTHHHHAAANNNKKKK YYYOOOUUU!!!!
Instructor
#223 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 12:57 AM
LMAO!
I use the Gimp... And... Well...
You can do absolutely everything in this tutorial with either the Gimp or Photoshop. I read through it, and every single command also has something the same with a different name or... Well... Exactly the same. xD
The Gimp is a free alternative to Photoshop, by the way. Can't necessarily do EVERYTHING Photoshop does, but it can do alot of things. ^^;''
In any case, thanks for the tutorial. I'll find it quite useful. ^^;''

Also, the gimp has a somewhat simpler way to recolor solid colors... It has an adjuster that can let you change the image's color to black and white, green, torquoise, blue, red... Just about any color. ^^;''
Though, maybe Photoshop has that too. I'm not experienced with Photoshop, as I don't own it myself, so I couldn't say.
Test Subject
#224 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 2:35 AM
great tutorial! it helped so much!!!! now i just have to get custom parts down.......
Test Subject
#225 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 10:26 PM
Thanks for the tutorial. It was well written and easy to follow. I am always looking for ways to improve my amateur attempts!

I sim, therefore I am.
Page 9 of 12