Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2010 at 6:26 PM
Default Oh please help! My sims refuse to WooHoo! D:
I've tried now with three totally different games with three different couples that were all in love. All three have now refused to woohoo! They will do everything else romantic, have the want to woohoo, are in love (and in one case married) and then when it comes time to do the deed they all refuse. It doesn't matter who initiates it, how high their relationship, whether I choose woohoo or try for baby...nothing happens! *cries* I can't play the game if I don't have any future generations to play with! I don't have a single mod at all and the only CC I have is from the Sims Store. I never had this problem before until it cropped up with the first couple a few weeks ago.
Advertisement
Fucking Awesome Nutbag
#2 Old 30th May 2010 at 6:33 PM
Alcohol should do the trick.
Instructor
#3 Old 30th May 2010 at 6:49 PM
Remember, some ladies need a "new shoes" moodlet to woohoo.
Instructor
#4 Old 30th May 2010 at 7:17 PM
Are you initiating it while they are cuddling on the bed or standing up? I have more success by having them cuddle on the bed and THEN initiating the woo hoo.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th May 2010 at 7:24 PM
They also need to be in the mood - do a variety of romantic interactions until it says they find the other sim extremely irresistable.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th May 2010 at 7:24 PM
I did think that I would get some funny responses to this and I enjoy them, but I really do need help because I won't be able to play my game if I don't have any new sims to play with!

Ranissa, I haven't tried in the bed yet. I'll give that a shot and see what comes of it. ^^
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th May 2010 at 9:14 PM
Well I tried with the sims on the bed and their mood meter won't even progress past thinking each other is okay no matter how many times they kiss. So that didn't work at all.

HP, when they were standing yes they both thought each other was extremely irresistible. It has to be bug or something of some sort, but I've never heard of the like! I guess all I can hope is that installing Ambitions will fix it. I'm really disappointed because I won't be able to play now.
Test Subject
#8 Old 31st May 2010 at 4:19 PM
Sounds like one of those weird bugs like if you have too many seeds in your inventory the game will not let you fish I think it confuses them with bait. I had one game where the magic boulder axe was just missing from the dungeon it's supposed to be in. The one with the circle of candles and the axe is in the center. The axe was just missing and it was new game with the dungeon unexplored. Started a new game still missing. I reinstalled the game and the patches and bam there it was in the next game.
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dream_operator23
Well I tried with the sims on the bed and their mood meter won't even progress past thinking each other is okay no matter how many times they kiss. So that didn't work at all.

Have you tried making them having romantic interactions while standing till they find each other irresistible, then putting them both to "relax" on the bed, and finally, directly "wohoo"? It always works when I'm having problems for them to decide to "commit the deed" while standing.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 1:04 AM
When a couple relax on a bed 'woohoo' should appear in the options regardless of whether they find each other irresistible or not (as long as they are in a relationship). Did 'woohoo' just never appear when they relaxed on the bed?
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 4:17 AM
Can they woohoo in a sarcophagus or while taking a tour in a rabbithole?
Test Subject
#12 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 3:17 AM
Default Me Too!
I have the same problem, i have tried everything but they allways refuse once they get to the bed for no reason! ive tried starting from everywhere (the bed, standing up, cuddling), nothing will work, im trying to reinstall right now so maybe that will work, if not then idk what i will do
Banned
#13 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Damocles
Alcohol should do the trick.

Hah yeah. If that doesn't get them the ''X thinks Y is incredibly irresistible'' thing then continuously romancing should.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 8:09 PM
1. Click on bed for both Sims, have them "relax",then while playing Sim A, click on Sim B, woohoo should come up.
2. Twallan has a woohooer mod at NRAAS, check it out.
3. If neither of these help, check Sims inventory for celibacy pledge?
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 7:47 AM
thanks i'll try the mod, i just noticed another thing though, is it weird that i cant have sims move in together and the only way for them to "go steady" is for one to be a hopeless romantic, im hoping that this can be fixed because reinstalling didnt help, also the sims im using have downloaded content on them could that be the problem? Its been a while since i played this game but i didnt realize how strict the romance was like for example the sims refuse to "first kiss" unless they know whether the other is single and what their sign is, also they wont make out till they are "going steady". all of this is really annoying and didnt happen the last time i played this game could it be the update? I know that it messed up the well rested moodlet maybe it messed with my sims romance, also i am only playing the base game could the update just have assumed everyone had an expansion pack, thanks for the quick responses this is really annoying
Field Researcher
#16 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 3:52 PM
I dunno, I guess my sims must all be roundheels, cuz I've never had much problem getting 'em into bed, even before Twallans WooHooer. Maybe they just really aren't very attracted to each other? Gauging attraction is one of the interactions under "friendly" now in Late Night, I don't know if it was part of the patch, have you checked it? Alternately, if they are each others romantic interest already and living in the same house, maybe if you play another household for a couple sim days they will woohoo on their own? Seems like every time I switch away from one of my sims for a bit, I come back to find her pregnant (usually by some OLD lech in the town, but that's another story). Once they woohoo on their own, it may be easier for you to get them to do it again? Not sure any of this will work, but seems worth a try.
Test Subject
#17 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 10:58 PM
Take your sim to the bar and make your sims drink the party drink then try agai,n your sims wont know what they want. lol
Field Researcher
#18 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 11:39 PM
i have never had any problems with romance in my game. then again i am using NRaas Woohooer where i made it so they never refuse anything...

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 12:19 AM
This is hilarious.

Yeah, I'm willing to bet it's a bug. My game doesn't have those restrictions. Maybe try typing resetsim [sim's name], or emptying their inventory.

Doesn't Twallan have a debugging mod? If it comes to that... What about clearing the caches? Would that help?

Quote: Originally posted by ntense
Sounds like one of those weird bugs like if you have too many seeds in your inventory the game will not let you fish I think it confuses them with bait. I had one game where the magic boulder axe was just missing from the dungeon it's supposed to be in.

Same thing happened to me, actually...
If that happens again, just do testingcheatsenabled true, buydebug, shift+click on the ground and click "buy on this lot". Then go to the debug menu and buy Pengu's Axe, and put it where it needs to be.
After that, just go back to live mode and have your sim pick it up.
Test Subject
#20 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 2:42 AM
.....and now when i click on another sim no options come up at all. Now im pissed, this game worked fine months ago and i pull it back out now and it is shit. Could it be because i got a new computer? Whatever it is its bullshit.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aluc5639
.....and now when i click on another sim no options come up at all. Now im pissed, this game worked fine months ago and i pull it back out now and it is shit. Could it be because i got a new computer? Whatever it is its bullshit.

Yes, it's probably the new computer. Check the specs. What kind of computer is it?
Inventor
#22 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 11:15 PM
Roundheels? I know about "roundheads" but I never heard this one before.

From Urban dictionary:

Quote:
n: A promiscuous person, usu. a promiscuous female. See "slut", etc.

More commonly used in the 1950's, this term has fallen into general disuse, but may still be heard in fiction that takes place in that era, or in circles that consider retro-talk cool.

... so @ anifromid2: are you about eighty (or more) or retro-cool?

As for this curious bug, I would use artificial insemination (Twallan's or some other mod) and hope the problem will go away eventually.
Test Subject
#23 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 12:28 AM
i got rid of most of my mods and it works perfect now, sorry i wish i could tell everyone which one it was that did it but i wasnt patient enough for experimentation. Thanks for all the support! haha
Inventor
#24 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 3:20 AM
Sounds like what happened to me when I put in some mods. I had a mod that would allow sims to autonomously woohoo with each other, but it made it so that I couldn't do anything with them instead... some kind of patch conflict or conflicting mods or something.

If you have any hacks, especially hacks that control romance/woohoo options, move them out of your folder and delete your cache files and then try again.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22
Roundheels? I know about "roundheads" but I never heard this one before.

From Urban dictionary:

... so @ anifromid2: are you about eighty (or more) or retro-cool?

Only 50, but we always used the term in college to describe girls who spent more time on their backs than their feet, the implication of the term being that with round heels, the slightest impetus pushes them onto their backs. A much more humorous and descriptive term than those more commonly in use, also a good deal less obviously vulgar. Hope that makes me retro cool...but I suspect I'm just a nerd who loves words.
Page 1 of 2