Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#51 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 7:50 PM Last edited by suzetter : 19th Aug 2010 at 8:14 PM.
Probably windows 7 doesn't suck like Vista since they put it out fast to deal with the Vista sucks problem. I had no problems on my last computer which ran XP. Thanks anyway. Since you can run the game please post some screens when you get a chance . Thanks.

Here's some more places for Sims 1 stuff:

Reny's Sim Concept. I love the hospital stuff perfrect for those studio town soap opera sets http://simcrafters.parsimonious.org/~reny/

Simblesse Oblige has downloads, links, and tutorials for Sims 1
http://www.simblesseoblige.com/inde...b4a2b8e4ae4f29d

Secret Society of Woobsha
This site has many useful objects (some hacked), and the fantastic looking Ines Cafe and Bakery set (with a pastry buffet table!)
http://woobsha.com/

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#52 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 8:31 PM
suzetter, I'll post some screenshots soon, but I recently put up a video of the male entertainer in the cake, so you can check this out for now xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPCpYexN7m8

Edit: Holy crap! I just watched it again and just noticed the Mime stole a finished plate o_o that annoying little bugger... haha
Scholar
#53 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lazzybum
suzetter, I'll post some screenshots soon, but I recently put up a video of the male entertainer in the cake, so you can check this out for now xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPCpYexN7m8

Edit: Holy crap! I just watched it again and just noticed the Mime stole a finished plate o_o that annoying little bugger... haha

Thank you. That was so cute and fun. I forgot about the cake dancer and the mime and clown in the background. The music was good too. And the dog was adorable as well. This scene confirms for me how much more lively and amusing TS1 is.

Thanks so much. I really enjoyed seeing that clip.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Scholar
#54 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 8:44 PM
Back in the day I had the naughtiest hack for that male entertainer. I can't remember where I got it from though. LOL, it was so, um, tumescent that when he turned sideways it would clip through entire Sims.

Death to mimes! And that creepy stalker too. I had some killer attack tomatoes that took care of that sort of thing
Field Researcher
#55 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 8:54 PM
I really wish I had TS1.
My friend has it but lost it, and she told me this,
"I was playing TS1 and the stove went on fire and everyone died except me."
LOL
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 10:45 PM
You've all got some really good points. The game was probably a bit too difficult. Fulfilling the basic needs of a family of four was a major challenge, let alone all the hobbies like gardening and magic they could get involved with.

And of course the MUSIC in the first game has never been bettered in the later ones. I can still remember the latin songs, must have listened to those tracks like 5000 times the amount I played that game!
Test Subject
#57 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
I got win 7 and it works wonders Have you tried changing the compatibility?

If you can't get it to work you could maybe still try the game help forum. Don't know if they can help (or offer help) though

Yeah i did try changing the compatibility. I really would love to play making magic and superstar.

I'm stuck with sims 2 because i lost my sims 3 disk...not that being stuck with sims 2 is a major problem i just haven't gotten a chance to really play it. But i do miss sims 1 but the difficulty might make me run after i play it once lol....enough of my rambling
Scholar
Original Poster
#58 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 4:54 AM
Ah yes, the needs do go down too fast, but with the advice from an earlier poster, I downlaoded a mood booster drink from aroundthesims, and I use it once in a while so my sims arent dead by half the day.

Heres a few screens :D

After playin sims 2 & 3, I never realized the Sims 1 clogged toilets were pretty nasty xD

Hot Date's diner
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v.../Bee_7_0009.jpg

Guy and his monkey
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v.../Kat_6_0002.jpg

and I noticed after playin for a few days, pets are ALWAYS on the edge blockin your car from leaving. like 90% of the time
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v.../Bee_7_0006.jpg
Field Researcher
#59 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 8:54 AM
The toilets are pretty nasty Gods I love TS1, it's still overall the most charming game of them all. It has the Maxisness, the inside jokes of funny geeks in that EA games just don't have. it's way quirkier than anything since. MM and UL were my favourites, and I loved to make my sims superstars as well. Someday I have to buckle up and dig all my old disks out and install them.... one by one since I have been buying them from the start, I don't have an easy Complete Collection.
Theorist
#60 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 9:35 AM
Wherever you got that stuff it looks dashing, and the viewer might mistake it for TS2. The third image baffles me, that there is a butter churning barrel and a skill meter for it - it must be a body meter.

My new game has had one sim week living and already there's been a fire, a burglary, running out of money, and comedy:

Let's get right to work on wooing Bella. I'll mess with her head by rattling on and on about how great is that we can be just friends. "What?" she'll ask herself. "Why isn't he working an angle to get me on a date?" I'm such a player...

That's right. A paltry 600 a week is what I get for an associate's degree. When they say you have to start at the bottom it literally means wallowing in the dirt and liking it. TS3 players take note: You have it easy.

Soon you will realize that the phone is no good for improving your relations quickly. It only goes one round before hanging up, and if you call a second time the sim will be angry. I've got Bella here and have just asked her in person to go downtown with me as 'friends'. And why is it, with Bella right there behind me, I'm now asking Bella for a date again over the phone? Who is on the other end of the line?

Ah, here we are downtown, alone at last without that pest Mortimer in the way. I'm doing him a favor, as this way he'll never know the pain of his cuckoldry. Ah, Bella! You are so... what's this, you want to greet me again? But we rode here together on that taxi that we are now blocking.

Drat! A burglar has invaded my lair of luv and has made a beeline for my most prized possession. In TS1, burglars actually manage to take something before the police get there. Stay away from my Pentium 4, you slobbering goon!

What? How is it that getting robbed gives me more gain than I could ever hope to earn in a month with my current job? By the way, the diploma isn't real - I made it at Kinko's.

Augh! Stuck in the friendship zone never to recover. No matter, I'm still God's gift to female sims. I had completely forgotten that TS1 allowed sims to give presents to the player. It's nice to know that my 'friendship' was appreciated. Farewell, my sweet.

This is nowhere near enough to cover the three bills I've accumulated. Now I'll never get that jacuzzi I need to convince Bella to ask the judge to lift that restraining order.
Scholar
#61 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 9:56 AM
Oh God, I'm getting all nostalgic thanks to those pictures.

I remember House Party, where I'd have dozens of guests, just by ringing the phone a few times and hosting a party (parties with only a couple of guests in the sequels were so lame). I also remember a few sims bringing over gifts, and my sims taking them and automatically throwing them in the trash in front of the gift giver without hesitation.

So many more memories. My first family (which failed so badly because I didn't know what to do and was only about 7 or so), my first pet dragon that burned down the Goth home. Oh, so many memories.

But I don't think I could ever go back. I've been spoiled by the sequels.
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 10:11 AM
It is funny how what was previously 2 minutes loading screen with the chance to crash on my big expensive computer then is now 1-2 secs on my cheap laptop

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Instructor
#63 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 12:58 PM
Thank you for reminding me(Though I'm not sure if I can ever go back) of how Sims 1 was. And some more links:
- Simorphor(http://www.simorphor.com/ )
I loved almost all objects here. Especially outdoor decorations, such as aquatic plants.
- Gyoikoh Cherry Blossoms(http://gyoiko.sakura.ne.jp/ )
Japanese site. It's still updated sometimes(the latest update was at 9th July, 2010 at this time), and has objects for diner/restaurant/beer hall(and check hacked pantry with custom foods).
Forum Resident
#64 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 2:32 PM
This has convinced me to reinstall. I have tried a number of times to play it again but it really is very tricky to try and keep your sim's mood up - I remember having this purple magic mirror in every studio town lot when I first learnt to download stuff.

I always just wished there was a MTS forum for Sims 1; I learnt so much about Sims 2 and 3 from here and I am sure there is a lot of TS1 I have yet to discover. And I've forgotten so much; like, can sims marry? I am sure they can but I don't remember how. Hmm, maybe there's a prima guide to download somewhere!
Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 2:33 PM
Yea, I wish there was a TS1 sub-forum. There is so much that I've forgotten about it

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Forum Resident
#66 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 3:25 PM
Anyone know where to download houses with families now the official site is down (RIP)?
Scholar
#67 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 8:00 PM
I just received this answer (or non-answer) from EA customer service. I'm not really sure what "sunsetting" is? Since they say the issue will be resolved, I'm hoping that they are making it an archive rather than shutting it down altogether.
Quote:
Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts regarding your issue with The Sims. I understand that this can be frustrating and I'm going to do my best to resolve this issue for you as fast as possible. We are aware that the website currently sends to The Sims 3 website. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this causes but we are sunsetting the services for that site, as we channel more resources to The Sims 3.
Top Secret Researcher
#68 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 8:03 PM
Wonder what that means too

Forum Resident
#69 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 8:08 PM
Well, if it is anything like a sunset provision in a law, it means the site is gone, which is the feeling I get from that message.
Scholar
#70 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 8:25 PM
Unfortunately for the poor guy who didn't answer my question, I also got a customer service survey which I promptly filled out.
Top Secret Researcher
#71 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 8:30 PM
What did you ask exactly? If the site was coming back in any form?

Because why would he say this: "I understand that this can be frustrating and I'm going to do my best to resolve this issue for you as fast as possible. " How can he resolve the issue if the site isn't coming back up

Scholar
#72 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 8:46 PM
Quote:
For the forseeable future, we will be keeping the Sims 1 site linking to The Sims 3, I currently have no information suggesting that it will be changed at any point. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I guess that answers the question. Time to start e-mailing the monkeys, I guess.

I originally asked where the site was and asked to have it back.
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 8:48 PM
Much point in offering to resolve the issue

Scholar
#74 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 8:59 PM
That's what I thought, but that's pretty much EA in a nutshell. I love the games but I truly dislike and distrust the company. I can certainly understand not wanting to clog up their servers with long forgotten exchange stuff or a disused log-in system, but why can't they at least keep the main page up with all the patches and other goodies that were available.

Perhaps they are seeking to steal the crown of 'lousiest customer service, ever" from Comcast's lofty head.
Top Secret Researcher
#75 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 9:44 PM
Ya. Only game I actually buy from EA is The Sims. Don't bother getting any of the other ones as I don't really want to support them

My dad used to have a deal with EA Norway trough his job and the guys there were really nice and gave us hundreds of free games, including the sims. Seems like such a long time ago. Now the company is just unreachable in every way.

Page 3 of 8