Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#151 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 10:51 PM
I haven't played Sims 1 in AGES. This thread just makes me want to re-install it and wax all nostalgic and such.

^^Those pictures are great Wojtek. It's funny; I always think that the graphics from Sims 1 are sooo terrible, but seeing pictures reminds me that they were actually quite good.

"Goonies never say die."
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#152 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 11:17 PM
I still play Sims 1 along with Sims 3 (if not more). There is still a lot of content for the Sims 1 fortunately.
Sims Finder is the main download site I go to to find content for the Sims 1.

Lab Assistant
#153 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 3:16 AM Last edited by rinirae : 2nd Sep 2011 at 3:40 AM.
Yep, I love playing sims 1. I reinstalled it after I found it in my room a few months ago.

Here's my favorite moment... I was playing the House MD cast. :P

Instructor
#154 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 3:38 AM
Yes, I reinstalled it a couple of months ago.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Scholar
#155 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 4:28 AM
Sims 1 is classic. It made my childhood, and I had a lot of fun playing it. I don't know if I could go back, tough, since I got spoiled with 3D, create a style and open hood.

But when it comes to features, TS1 >>>>> TS3
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 8:43 AM
My sister lately installed it again and though I went all nostalgic- I was around 10 when I started playing, which was an decade ago ... I'm really becoming old ;-) - I wouldn't want to change again. Yes, some gameplay features were nice and I would like them to be in the Sims 3 again, but I would miss CAS and the open neighborhood and the look of the sims. And the growing up kids ...
Field Researcher
#157 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 4:36 PM
I got lucky and someone gave me The Sims Complete Collection, which is the original Sims and all expansions! I installed it last week and played for a bit and it is loads of fun! Much more challenging and it's hard to make and keep relationships (tried playing the Newbies and I can't even get them to fall in love and stay there).
Lab Assistant
#158 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 4:48 PM
I only actually play Sims 2, but I can't bring myself to uninstall Sims 1 from my puter in case I get an uncontrollable urge to play it.
Test Subject
#159 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 5:06 PM
I have the whole collection, and sometimes think about reinstalling it, but the gameplay on it is just... I like the fact that they can age, and have generations ect. I also like the fact that you can change the hairstyles and not just the clothes lol.

I must say though, the CC clothing in my sims 1 used to be an AMAZING collection! I miss it, dearly.

Can't be gettin' mad
What cha mad?
Can't handle that.
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 6:14 PM
Sims 1 has plenty of stuff to do, many more features than TS2 and TS3 combined. That said, the dificulty was also a killer. I used to play a sim in the military career. She would get up, use the bathroom, grab breakfast, go out, come home, have fun and go to sleep. Over and over and over. And if anything happened differently in that routine it'd be red needs going wild and me tearing my hair out.

Of course I was a pre-teen back then xD today I'd probably be much more adept at managing.

This signature has been censored because of the 13 year old badly written sentimentalism. -.-
Test Subject
#161 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 6:29 PM
I agree, actually. (^)

Now that I actually think about it, when I played the sims 1 I would have huge ass houses, fill each room with a lot of stuff, have all these flowers and I would get a tonne of animals... well, not really, only as many as was allowed. My favorite was Makin' Magic. I'd have my sim sleep the day away, then go to Magic Town, dual, perform tricks, and all that stuff, then go home, eat/sleep and wake up to do the same thing.

I really liked superstar too. When I'd have those random people coming to my house and snapping photos of my sim's house I'd jump for joy... I mean, when I played that game I was 12, so it was exciting. My superstar had a stripper pad, I swear though haha.

Sims 1 has a lot of neat objects... and clothing, as I mentioned...

Can't be gettin' mad
What cha mad?
Can't handle that.
Forum Resident
#162 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Foxen
Of course I was a pre-teen back then xD today I'd probably be much more adept at managing.

I dunno about that. I played TS1 (loooooooove it~) about a week ago for the first time in a long time and it was kicking my ass. Their motives seem to drop faster + they can't replenish any while at work + there are no days off of work/school... Houseplants have to be watered, light bulbs on certain lamps burn out, and there's a lot fewer ways to multitask... Plus I'm impatient to get Sims built back up the various skill levels (especially for magic and celebrity status) they were prior to TS2's release (i.e. when TS1 was a lot higher priority and I had probably hundreds of hours logged on it) so I'm overwhelmed by the hundreds of awesome things just waiting for them to do but argh they need to sleep again? :lovestruc
Scholar
#163 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 12:56 AM
There were a lot of mods for filling up their needs quicker. There was a great chair that rested them up while they napped -- it might have been made by Inge. Check Simlogical for it. Also, wasn't there a spell that restored energy? And isn't Mrs. Crumplebottom actually a man under that grey skirt suit?

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Test Subject
#164 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 8:20 AM
Crumplebottom always hated my sims. Out of nowhere she'd start slapping them and I'd be like, "Girl, please!"

Can't be gettin' mad
What cha mad?
Can't handle that.
Field Researcher
#165 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 9:30 PM
Nope I sold my TS1 games on ebay I kinda miss playing it may sound chessy I miss the music in TS1 lol!
Test Subject
#166 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 1:38 AM
I found the original Sims alot more challenging than the current Sims. I don't know whether that was down to the fact that Iwas 11 when the original game came out and was still learning to play it properly, or if it was just harder in general. All my Sims families seemed to be poor and every household lost at least one child to military school. I remember it took me ages to realise that my sims would need a food processor to cook decent meals so my first sim families often lived on cold tins of beans.
My favourite sims family were a lesbian couple who were desperate for a baby but never seemed to get a phonecall from the adoption people. So they spent hours making love potions to entice men who could get them pregnant. Then I'd kill off the men and the couple happily brought up the babies together. They earned a living making gnomes... It's that kind of craziness that I miss.

Sims 1 always seemed less predictable than The Sims 2 and 3. I really miss little touches like Claire the bear and the obsessed fan from Superstar (the less annoying version of the LN papparazzi I guess ).
Mad Poster
#167 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 5:57 AM
Sims 1 is an amazing game and I struggle to pinpoint what it is exactly that made it so special. The fun in that game was never duplicated in any Sim game that came afterwards, although I do love and play Sims 2 and Sims 3. Was it because of the constraints of motives/energy/money? Was it because of how cranky Sims could be or how aggravatingly stupid? Was it the wacky humor? It played like a sitcom and could be played with in the wackiest way. For example, remember the fun of using the "move_objects on" cheat and putting your Simmies in the lawn while they were in the midst of swimming in the pool? I've built swimming ponds in the Sims 2 that didn't have clear boundaries and have had Sims swimming in the grass as well, but it wasn't as funny. I built a restaurant called "Islands" that was dining booths surrounded by pools and the kitchen was as well. It was a hoot to watch Mrs. Crumplebottom, fully clothed, swim around the place clutching her handbag. The waitstaff would swim over to the kitchen and take a plate of food in one hand, make a beautiful swan dive with the plate in one hand, and swim with it over their heads. The building features were severely limited, but for whatever reason, I was more inspired in that game to explore different themes and to recreate buildings from stories and TV. Maybe it was just faster because it was simpler. I'm not sure.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#168 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Foxen
Sims 1 has plenty of stuff to do, many more features than TS2 and TS3 combined. That said, the dificulty was also a killer. I used to play a sim in the military career. She would get up, use the bathroom, grab breakfast, go out, come home, have fun and go to sleep. Over and over and over. And if anything happened differently in that routine it'd be red needs going wild and me tearing my hair out.

The military career would take all of the Sims' energy. The simplest solution was to use the cheat "move_objects on" and delete the Sim, then click on his icon and voila - fully refreshed Sim! Personally, I prefer to play without the cheat as it is such a challenge, but the refresh motive cheat can be a lifesaver sometimes.

Scholar
#169 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 8:28 PM
VerDerTerre - Your "islands" restaurant sounds like a hoot and I'll bet it is lots of fun to watch and play. I loved the Ts1 diner and the food wagons and stand that you could place around town to keep Sims from passing out from hunger ( ice cream, smoothies, spicy kabaobs, coffee and pastries, etc,) And the fashion runway where your sims would do the cat walk dressed as a donut and coffee or in lingerie. And the hard rock song having a stone henge backdrop for the music video whereas in the pop song they were in metalic jumpsuits riding giant seahorses. The game was just so funny and detailed.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Test Subject
#170 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 11:07 PM
yeah, TS1 was/is definitely the funniest of all sims games. Making of videos, lol, it was so funny when your sim started to fly And the outfits...
Scholar
#171 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 11:13 PM
Honestly, I just was never into Sims 1, even as a kid. I could never get into the characters, I would just make super gigantic mansions with my younger cousin. I stopped playing for years and years, until I found sims 2 a year or two ago. Then I haven't turned back, lol :D
Test Subject
#172 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 5:17 AM
yeah i still play the sims 1... i knew the goth family tree.
love the atmosphere... the newbies, bob and betty was the epic family
Field Researcher
#173 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 12:13 AM
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I started playing Sims 1 again lately and I'm getting pretty frustrated that my children can't age up into adults. I know you can age them up with a charm in Makin' Magic but I also heard there was a hacked birthday cake called the Puberty Cake floating around somewhere? I believe it used to be on Millennium Sims but their site is down. Does anyone have a link to it/would anyone be able to upload it? I would really appreciate it!
Scholar
#174 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 8:17 PM
Have you tried CTO?
Mad Poster
#175 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 9:05 PM
The magic piece is pretty simple and it's something the kids concoct themselves. I don't know about a hacked object, but why not try the traditional route? Personally, I never liked aging the kids up. You would then have another adult in your household without an easy means to move them out. Family relationships were not observed and suddenly the child could flirt with his parents.

There's also a way to use magic to turn a pet into a human.

Page 7 of 8