Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#26 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 5:28 PM
It seems the pattern is that we get groundbreaking EPs in the fall and rather lame EPs in the spring. World Adventures offered multiple worlds, tomb diving, and adventures. Ambitions simply built on the adventure engine. Late Night offered cities, bands, vampires, celebrities, and highrises. Generations gave us oldsters with canes and treehouses. So I am expecting the next EP to be something lame -- something which just builds on what has been released before and does not offer much new stuff.
Advertisement
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#27 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Yay for weather. And retail shops. And pool tables.

Am I the only one very pissed at EA releasing a pool themed LAMP with LN, but not an actual pool table? Just... WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!
Scholar
#28 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Yay for weather. And retail shops. And pool tables.
Don't worry they will release it, it's too lucrative to turn down.
I need rain. Badly.

But as has been pointed out before, if they're released at the very end it will be pretty much pointless.

Something like Seasons and Weather really should be there from the beginning. They only leave it out because it's an feature that will sell them a lot of copies in an Expansion Pack.

Honestly, if they have to do it that way, they should at least get the Expansion Pack to us within the first year. I was incredibly disappointed that weather/seasons were not a part of The Sims 3 base game. The Sims 2 Seasons made The Sims 2 an alive game for me. I was appalled that they thought they could just take it away again just to have eternal sunny blue skies and green trees. It's so boring. EA needs to get their act together for The Sim 4. And for taking this long, The Sims 3's Seasons better be the absolute best it can.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Field Researcher
#29 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 6:24 PM
So much disagree when one only tell the truth. Ah well, some people just have so much fun hittin a button^^
Inventor
#30 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
Am I the only one very pissed at EA releasing a pool themed LAMP with LN, but not an actual pool table? Just... WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!

No you're not alone, I literally did a /facepalm and a /facedesk when I spotted that.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#31 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 6:32 PM
bassoon_Crazy Atleast we can put our hope into the fact that the skies with all EP's have been quite impressive and varied, and that they'd be some sort of a prelude to what could be coming with Seasons and weather. The animations that you can find inside the AMB fog emitter are also SO much more realistic, varied and exciting than in TS2 Seasons EP, surprisingly enough! There can be found quite a few interesting things, such as a sound of the wind of an incoming storm, and different types of rain, if I recall correctly.

With all of this that they already have made, it has the potential of being bigger than any EP so far, even Pets. But the question is that will they go the easy route which would be just slapping in these new animations... or will they go BIG and give us a lot of new interactions and animations to go along with impressive weather themes.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 6:58 PM
Well, there was this: http://www.simprograms.com/33136/ea...ixth-expansion/

EA Russia: There are a lot of new interactions in the Generations, just explore it. The next EP is about life, but in another format. It is not similar to any Expansion pack in The Sims 2. The logo contains a black background & light Letters.

The interviewer guesses it might be a space EP, and EA Russia tells him no.
Theorist
#33 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 7:12 PM
Ooh, life in another format? Now I'm curious...something in the dark... Maybe it'll be about spelunkers discovering amoebas or fetuses as a new, playable life stage! Ok, probably not.

Sorry for speculating writerchick, I couldn't help myself.
Instructor
#34 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 7:38 PM
A new life format... and the logo contains a black background & light letters... I'm sitting here trying to think of what that could possibly mean, considering they ruled out the aliens/space theory.

Could it possibly be a futuristic EP? It's a stretch but I think it's entirely possible. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that though, so I'll just keep thinking of other possibilities. :cylon:
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 9:16 PM
Could "new aspects of life" mean an improved free will, so that sims will do things that are motivated by traits, needs and wishes rather than being purely random?

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 12:00 AM
Remember, this is a translation from Russian so who knows what it meant.
Scholar
#37 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
Remember, this is a translation from Russian so who knows what it meant.

There's the thing - every single translation I have seen of that interview is very strangely translated and I am yet to see where the interview itself came from and how it is confirmed as official.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
Theorist
#38 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 3:08 AM
The interview was from E3, it was in the beginning of the first speculation thread or somewhere around that time frame..If not then it was somewhere between Pets and Generations but if I remember correctly, it was definitely at E3, which means that it was asked during the official announcement of Pets shortly before they mentioned the first few breeds. or something like that..Lol.
Eminence Grise
#39 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by haricots
AFAIR, I read a news in SimPrograms that the next thing after Pets is an SP, called Master Suite SP. Here is the news...

Yup, we always have one SP between each two EPs
Scholar
#40 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
The interview was from E3, it was in the beginning of the first speculation thread or somewhere around that time frame..If not then it was somewhere between Pets and Generations but if I remember correctly, it was definitely at E3, which means that it was asked during the official announcement of Pets shortly before they mentioned the first few breeds. or something like that..Lol.

An Russian interview was done at E3?

Honestly, I find the whole thing suspicious. EA is very tight-lipped about their Expansion Packs. I mean, of course they get 'leaks', but these leaks don't come from interviews.

Theorist
#41 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 7:10 AM
I think the reason Pets was leaked so early is because the leak happened early in the year. Most likely the leaked Generations and Pets trailers were shown to the corporate heads of EA to show them what will be released for The Sims 3 in 2011.

The whole black background & light letters thing screams magic...but if it's a new idea that's not space travel I'm stumped. An interesting development is that Grant Rodiek is back, has a Twitter, and on it he can't say specifically which Sims games he's working on. I'm guessing it's EP6 and 7 (hopefully not another spinoff). I guess one could speculate whether more quest-type gameplay is coming back but I don't think that's necessarily the case.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 7:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
See, that's what I'm saying... and what I fear.

I loved the Apartment Life EP in Sims 2, but I felt like I didn't get to enjoy it for very long before 3 released. Yes, I know, no one forced me to stop playing Sims 2. But I wanted to move on to Sims 3, it was the next step for me, and Apartment Life kind of fell by the wayside.

yeah you probly enjoyed it longer than I did though. I think I only got to play Apartment Life one day if that and I wouldn't have moved the people to an apt in that time. I think I was so busy catching up on CC (as there is so much particularly clothes) that I never got to actually play it and then all of a sudden 3 came out
so I don't know what I think about it because I don't know anything about it.

I can't possibly go back to 2 because for one it takes up way too much space with the EPs and CCs.

I'm not sure I care though about them not giving time to enjoy EPs with 3 because in a way I don't like them making new ones because of the whole patch thing and so you gotta worry about the CC being updated.
so if 4 is better than 3 in some way I might be set.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by High Plains Gamer
It seems the pattern is that we get groundbreaking EPs in the fall and rather lame EPs in the spring.

Yes, of course! In spring, you are supposed to go play outside. If they gave us something big and exciting we would be tempted to stay in even if it's not raining.
Alchemist
#44 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 2:10 PM
Please no magic please no magic please no magic
Scholar
#45 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
I think the reason Pets was leaked so early is because the leak happened early in the year. Most likely the leaked Generations and Pets trailers were shown to the corporate heads of EA to show them what will be released for The Sims 3 in 2011.

I firmly believe that Pets and Generations were leaked together for a reason - Generations wasn't really a full EP, and Pets was the most requested EP. It can't just be a coincidence.

Either way, the next EP won't be magic. If you believe what the article said is true, than I'm pretty sure it said that the EP is an idea that hasn't been done before. Even if that article is false, EA follows a pattern with their EP's and this upcoming EP has to be something original (unfortunately).

Quote: Originally posted by AnnaIME
Yes, of course! In spring, you are supposed to go play outside. If they gave us something big and exciting we would be tempted to stay in even if it's not raining.

That's silly. Where I live Spring is too hot. =/

Scholar
#46 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
...and this upcoming EP has to be something original (unfortunately).

So, not Seasons? Ok, great! SO GREAT! Thanks, EA... -___-

That's silly. Where I live Spring is too hot. =/

AGREE! But where do you live?

Hey there! :)
Instructor
#47 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 4:03 PM
I would love a Makin' Magic redux ~ It was one of my favorite EPs from TS1. Not just for the magic, but the atmosphere in Magic Town was stunning! I'd love to see what they'd come up with for TS3.

Though I'm almost positive the only magic that'll ever grace TS3 was with those lame store items
Test Subject
#48 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 5:15 PM
An Russian interview was done at E3?

Honestly, I find the whole thing suspicious. EA is very tight-lipped about their Expansion Packs. I mean, of course they get 'leaks', but these leaks don't come from interviews.

The interview came from EA Russia, they used "formspring" (IDK what this is, Twitter-ish maybe?) to answer questions.

Quote:
Question by WolfMega: What is the theme of the 6th EP of the Sims 3??? If it life again, so it will be like Generations 2.0??? Not everybody likes Generations and it’s rather small expansion.

Answer by EA Russia: There are a lot of new interactions in the Generations, just explore it. The next EP is about life, but in another format. It is not similar to any Expansion pack in The Sims 2. The logo contains a black background & light Letters.

Somebody: Look, there are 3 carousels for kids in Generations: 1st – pirate ship (hint for Pirates & Nobles), 2nd – horse (hint for Pets) and the 3rd – space rocket. Is it a hint for space EP?

EA Russia: No, but we like your imagination

From another interview

Quote:
11. Why the policy of EA Russia changed so much? I think, you began to communicate with players much more. You didn't contact with us a lot before.
- Now I work here
13. Do you think the Sims 3 will end after Pets? I think yes.
- There will be soooo interesting EP after Pets. It's very live (vital).

But....the Formspring account they were using has been closed. Me thinks that person got in trouble.

Link to second interview.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 6:56 PM
Does anybody else feel like the expansions we've had so far have barely changed the game? i know we get to go on holiday, and have proffessions and stuff, but it still doesn't feel like "wow, this new expansion really makes the game!" which is what it felt like with TS2 expansions, quite a lot. it just feels...samey.

i' agree with Jay Envy about TS1's making magic! magictown was awesome, and all the cool little things you could get and do there was really fun.

i'd love to see an expansion that lets you set the time zone of the whole town. you want a medieval town with no modern stuff? done! present? futuristic? ok!
Instructor
#50 Old 13th Oct 2011 at 12:01 AM
black background white text.....am I the only one considering that this might be the opposite of futuristic? not to speculate.

and I can have to say it could be a lie that its not space maybe he just didn't expect for them to guess accuratly and he couldn't say yes or even indicate it as a possiblity because we do have some evidence of space in game like that wall paper.
Page 2 of 26