Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 1:38 PM
Default Ugly sims and the people who love them
It seems that a number of us have ugly sims who thoroughly enjoy striking terror into the hearts of puddins everywhere, so as ChaoticMoira suggested, it seems to be time that they have their own thread. I'd love to hear about and see all of your heinous creations. Let's just hope we have some goats!

The other posters may thank us for containing these creatures.

I'll start us off with a charming scene from MF's newest mobile estate park.

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 5:00 PM
I don't even really need to say anything, do I?
Forum Resident
#3 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 5:05 PM
coming soon a thread full of goats*evil laugh*
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
I don't even really need to say anything, do I?

You should say something, and it should be about goats :D
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 5:51 PM
I love this thread already, shall have to get some screenies to upload
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 5:54 PM
Forum Resident
#7 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 5:55 PM
"sims that have eaten too many deep fried mars bars or happened to meet the goat lady"
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Margaret Pendragon
People of Walmart, Sims edition =D

Exactly!

Then again, if your Wal-mart contains goat ladies, you should probably switch to Target.

Ginger's dating tips #1: Employ all of the senses when attempting to attract a man. There's nothing like the scent of a woman to drive the boys wild.

Field Researcher
#9 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 9:13 PM
HAHA! I love it. Once I get that trailer park running I am sticking crazy cat lady in it and surrounding her with insanity. Then it's picture time. Maybe this will encourage others who are bored by beauty to create lovable hideous sims!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 9:33 PM
Insanity and cat shit, I'd wager.
Theorist
#11 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 3:50 PM
Here is the first male sim I ever made. I made him because I hadn't learned how to make good looking female sims yet and was getting frustrated, so I figured whatever, I'll make an ugly dude then.

Can't believe it's been 4yrs!

Then I tried to make Fat Albert Rotunda. Hey Hey Hey! He's not nearly fat enough though. It's been 4yrs since I made him too.

The woman is based on a real person, the guy is what I envisioned her real life ex-husband to look like. They live in one of the Riverview trailer-ish looking houses.

Based on a real couple and I'll leave it at that. The sims really don't do them justice.

Needed a guy to run the tattoo parlor.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 4:33 PM
...How much of a giant fucking bitch would it make me if I said that your post has now made me want to recreate my dick of an ex boyfriend, and his insanely neurotic pain in the ass girlfriend?

Because it also sounds funny.
Instructor
#13 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 5:19 PM
Dr. Frankenstein's charming old assistant Igor, who happens also to be a fairy.

Nowadays, his hobby is showing off his birthday suit in the park.

Scholar
#14 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 5:36 PM
Hey, they're in shape. Pear-shaped is a shape too, right?
Mad Poster
#15 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 5:57 PM
I'll let this picture speak for itself

Mad Poster
#16 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 5:57 PM
Such an exciting thread! Wonderful idea.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 5:58 PM
Gorgeous. Utterly gorgeous.
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 6:04 PM
I love the uglies, GnatGoSplat. I have only recently created a sim who strongly resembles someone irl. Even though her creation was accidental, I've enjoyed messing with her a bit more than the others. Just out of curiosity, do you base their lives on their rl counterparts?

I do tend to use rl inspiration for my houses. My trailer park is a smaller copy of a place that used to be in my hometown. They tore it down years ago because it was a health hazard, and I couldn't agree with them more.

Le Carrera - I'm trying so hard to make star jokes, but I'm just failing. At least Igor is ripped lol

All of the stolen crap is really starting to make this place feel homey.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 6:41 PM
Gnomequeen you have to let me know where I can dl your trailer park, I love it!
Scholar
#20 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 7:03 PM
TBH, I found out long ago that I really don't want to make characters named after real people.

See, FF7 had come out, and it let me name the characters, so, wth, I name Aeris after my girlfriend at the time. Boy, was I pissed off at the end of disk 1 :p
Instructor
#21 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 7:56 PM
Lol... trailer park fuglies. Gotta love em.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 8:06 PM
Someone needs to make This!

I am not talented enough!
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dem4ge
Gnomequeen you have to let me know where I can dl your trailer park, I love it!

Well, let me figure out Custard to clean out the CC, and I'll put it up somewhere. Play testing has been...interesting, so it may come with some quirks. I just wish I could get sims to ignore things that are behind locked doors.
Instructor
#24 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 8:47 PM
How do you make a trailer park setup work? Like, how do you keep different Sims in their own houses, and prevent them from thinking everything on the lot is theirs?
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Le Carrera
How do you make a trailer park setup work? Like, how do you keep different Sims in their own houses, and prevent them from thinking everything on the lot is theirs?

That's exactly the issue I'm facing. I wanted to lock the doors to everybody but the specific family who lived in that trailer. Buuuut because sims are psychic assholes, they will go to a door and stomp their feet because they can't get to an item behind it, even if they have the same exact item in their trailer. So I finally just unlocked everything, and I'm playing it as a large, dysfunctional family unit where everybody has really poor boundaries. It sort of works for this bunch of crazies. At least the bed assignments work for forcing them to sleep in their own homes.

It's an issue that I don't know how to resolve without going the apartment/roommate type of route or using separate lots.
Page 1 of 15