Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#101 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 7:29 PM
You don't belong in Evil-holics Anonymous. Racheal does however, as only someone from EA could pull off such callousness and still manage to achieve a promotion.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#102 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 7:29 PM
I honestly don't hold much hope for Sims 5 being anything we want it to be. Given how little they've listened to us in this last year since Sims 4 was released, there were many opportunities to listen to players and add things that were important to us. But they haven't. So I don't see them listening for the next installment of the game, if there is one.

I'm glad I never purchased Sims 4. I had a pretty good inkling that no CASt and no toddlers had ruined the game for me, and didn't want to invest in it. I did, however, give it a chance, by trying to play it on a friend's Origin. I just didn't like it. About all I've done with it is convert my sims 3 moons for it and make a couple poses. The game just doesn't have the oomph, or even the potential, to lure me. TBH, I doubt even toddlers could save it for me.
Mad Poster
#103 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
You don't belong in Evil-holics Anonymous. Racheal does however. As only someone truly evil could pull off such callousness and get a promotion.

You're right. In that last interview, she blew my mind with her evil. So cool, it was creepy.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Scholar
#104 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 9:28 PM
well, when I wrote once "there will be no sims at all in Sim5" I thought it was just a kind of a joke according to EA marketing/planning division's stupidity,

But now I have my doubts.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Top Secret Researcher
#105 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 10:16 PM Last edited by Nalia : 1st Oct 2015 at 10:41 PM.
On a serious note, I wonder: they had all the fantastic interactions and animations from TS2; they also had the amazing open world and CAST from TS3. Does it take a rocket scientist to create a game which combines the best of both worlds? Perhaps we have underestimated EAtards. Perhaps they are not after our money after all.

Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
You're right. In that last interview, she blew my mind with her evil. So cool, it was creepy.

She must had been a cheerleader at school, hence the coolness.
Scholar
#106 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 2:12 AM
I haven't really gotten into TS4 yet. I mean, I'd still be playing TS3 no matter what but honestly, I barely play TS4 at all, I just don't have the same interest as I do in the first two. Not sure why.
Mad Poster
#107 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 3:57 AM
Now that I got my TS3 running at least somewhat decently (at the expense of my graphics quality. But oh well. I can still work with medium) I haven't even really given TS4 that much thought. I'm not gonna say I'm done with it but now it's just....sorta there. Now I have TS2 and a (kinda) smooth running TS3. It just makes me feel like "....what do I need TS4 for now?"

I've literally spent hours playing The Sims today. The only time I'm able to do that in TS4 is when I'm building a house.

The Receptacle still lives!
#108 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 4:14 AM
Nope, I had no problem giving up sims 4 for sims 3.

Oh, wait... the question... yeah. I think I see your problem.
Test Subject
#109 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 11:05 AM
Innocent simmer: I love TS4!
*Innocent simmer comes to realisation that TS3 is better than TS4*
The whole simming community: welcome to the club.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
"To be fluent in simlish is my dream."
Field Researcher
#110 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 2:41 PM
When I get bored with playing the Sims 3 I move on to building in the Sims 3 or working on my world. There is so much to do and so many occupations I haven't played yet. I played around with sims 4 on my niece's computer and it reminds me of all their mobile sims game on a larger scale and it is not that interesting to me. My niece plays Sims 3 more and has asked for more expansions for it.
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 10:49 PM
I got sims 4 because I had a $50 amazon gift card and no intention of using it for anything else so I figured I may as well. paid less than a dollar for it, which has turned out to be a very good thing. the closed world with all the loading screens feels claustrophobic to me, the improvements to build mode don't make up for the lack of CASt (which I use extensively when I build in sims 3), there's nothing to do but go hang out at the library or the museum or a club, and I am one of those people who is extremely upset about the lack of toddlers. I also expected way more from emotions, what with the way they hyped that feature up, but emotions are dull.

when I got the sims 3 base game I spent months playing it until I started looking into expansions. even then, half the reason I bought late night was because I wanted the piano in my game because I myself am a pianist. the only reason I've touched sims 4 recently was to use it to plan out a few things I wanna build in sims 3, mostly because you can pick up rooms and move them around instead of having to resize rooms or rebuild things entirely if you misjudge how much space you have.

Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
On a serious note, I wonder: they had all the fantastic interactions and animations from TS2; they also had the amazing open world and CAST from TS3. Does it take a rocket scientist to create a game which combines the best of both worlds?

this is exactly what I assumed they'd do with sims 4. I mean, they've got two great previous games to draw inspiration from and instead we got this mess? a giant ass cupcake machine, the bro trait, dying from too strong emotions, babies permanently attached to their ugly bassinets (which you can put on your sim's head??), an almost complete inability to customize the world, the obvious lack of care for anything related to family style play. I could go on. EA should've cleaned up the open world and CASt and then picked out the best features from sims 2 and sims 3 and it is honestly baffling why they didn't do that.

I just feel so sad whenever I think of sims 4. it could've been something amazing. but it's not.
Mad Poster
#112 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 11:49 PM
I never occurred to me that you could put the bassinet on their heads. That is so messed up.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Theorist
#113 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
Didn't give up TS2 or TS3.. won't touch TS4 with a 10 foot pole. I'm holding out for a right proper TS5 that has everything we're accustomed to in BASE GAMES from TS2 and TS3.

Holy cow!! I got a disagree on this?!?! LOL Well ok .. I guess you like a very incomplete game and are willing to settle for anything while the rest of us aren't. Good on you!!!

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Top Secret Researcher
#114 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
Holy cow!! I got a disagree on this?!?! LOL Well ok .. I guess you like a very incomplete game and are willing to settle for anything while the rest of us aren't. Good on you!!!

Never mind the bollocks.
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
I never occurred to me that you could put the bassinet on their heads. That is so messed up.

yep. since babies are objects you can use the cheat to set one as your sim's head. I've never done it myself, just saw the option when I was figuring out what kind of cheats I could use, but I've seen pics of other people who have done it.
Instructor
#116 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 10:00 AM
I find it funny how where EA succeeded in TS3 they failed in TS4 and vice versa. Like the routing in TS4 is way better than in TS3, but how TS4 lacks customizing really gets to me.TS2 was more about families and just one household where TS3 focuses toward the social aspect with the open world. I don't quite get it what TS4 is suppose to be. 1 out of 3 isn't enough for me to go for TS4 (again)
Scholar
#117 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miarell
I find it funny how where EA succeeded in TS3 they failed in TS4 and vice versa. Like the routing in TS4 is way better than in TS3, but how TS4 lacks customizing really gets to me.TS2 was more about families and just one household where TS3 focuses toward the social aspect with the open world. I don't quite get it what TS4 is suppose to be. 1 out of 3 isn't enough for me to go for TS4 (again)

Comparing TS3 and TS4 routing is unfair imo. The distances are a lot shorter in TS4 and besides I can still make them fail routing in TS4. Especially from outside in front of the house , sending them inside or to the back garden of the house. I don't see any improvements here for TS4. Even comparing performance is kind of misleading. It just loads a much smaller chunk of a town at one time, so not so surprising that it performs a lot better atm then TS3 does. TS3 also lacks optimisation (otherwise there was not so much to be gained by the modders like NRAAS and Ellacharmed).
Theorist
#118 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 8:18 PM
^ Not to mention that they've allowed even MORE clipping than ever before. That interferes with believability but it sure does help routing.

My answer to this question is much the same; I tried to like it, I bought the EP and one GP for it, but it's boring and lacks gameplay, and the gameplay that is there is very linear so it lacks re-playability. And I sorely miss all the avenues for creative expression that they left out of this new version. But I did try. I couldn't even get back into TS3 for a long time. But about 5 months ago I was finally able to get back to playing TS3 and have not only been enjoying it so much, I have an even greater appreciation of the game than ever before. I guess now that I know we aren't going to get an improvement on TS3, I can learn to live with the things that I wish worked better. The game is still light years ahead of where TS4 will ever go. Sure, there were a few things I liked. The animations are smoother and the Sims are more alive, although with most things having to do with The Sims they over-did things too much. And I'm not a big fan of the art style, especially the lack of textures.

So even though I did buy the game, I haven't played TS4 since I went back to TS3 and have zero desire to do so.

I firmly believe that the game is the way it is because it is a re-purposed online social game. And because of it's original purpose, the game has way too many limitations to ever become what we want in a fully featured Sims game for PCs. At least not without throwing a lot of money at it, and that's the primary reason there's been very few improvements this past year - EA is obviously unwilling to put the kind of resources into that it needs to bring the game up to par. And I guess if that would include completely rewriting the engine I can understand why. It would be nice to think they are putting that money into a worthy TS5 but I'm afraid that what we will see instead is "The Sims - All Tapped Out", coming soon to a mobile device near you!

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Top Secret Researcher
#119 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
It would be nice to think they are putting that money into a worthy TS5 but I'm afraid that what we will see instead is "The Sims - All Tapped Out", coming soon to a mobile device near you!

They are putting the money into other titles, so don't hold your breath that there will a TS5, or that even if they do it, there will be any improvement at all. Besides, from the old guard of The Sims series designers who is still working at Maxis?

Quote:
3. Giving funds from The Sims to Titanfall and other titles
Funds from The Sims were funnelled into Titanfall and Battlefield. Fair enough, however it is very unfair to then claim poverty and give customers of The Sims an inferior product. Developers have often claimed staples of predecessors are too expensive with their current budget.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/27/the-1...eature-5409308/
#120 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
They are putting the money into other titles, so don't hold your breath that there will a TS5, or that even if they do it, there will be any improvement at all. Besides, from the old guard of The Sims series designers who is still working at Maxis?

http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/27/the-1...eature-5409308/

So, do we get a copy Titanfall with Sims 4 now?
Top Secret Researcher
#121 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 5:53 PM
I suppose you'll receive a copy of TS4 with Titanfall shortly.
Test Subject
#122 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 10:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MarcyRoars
The only thing I have to say is this: Every good feature The Sims 3 has, The Sims 4 doesn't have. And vice versa.
That is all.

Sad how true this is...

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE SIMS?! *cries*

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
"To be fluent in simlish is my dream."
Test Subject
#123 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 5:39 AM
The Sims 4 is a disgusting pile of corporate pressure and developers backstabbing their fans. It all began with the lack of transparency to find out more information about the damn game in the first place and all these secret meetings with select people and etc. Little to basically nothing was told to us about the game and we had to pay for inside scoops about it which is horrible. Your fanbase is what keeps the money flowing in so teasing us with more info wouldn't have killed them by any means. But instead they decided to stay secretive to the very end before they released and showed off nothing special in truth. Then when certain things were confirmed this put the nails into the coffin that was already being lowered. The lack of toddlers is beyond idiotic and I don't give a damn what any of you think who disagree. There are innumerable players who are legacy or generations players and having toddlers completed the stages of life for them and myself. The lack of interaction with the infants and turning them into nothing more than an object is also sad. There appeared to be a clear regression in how sims worked from sims 3 to 2. Sims 3 showcased a plethora of improvements from its predecessor which made the game exciting and fun. The open world was the biggest game changer and the story progressor was just amazing to making it all pull together. Once given the taste of what story progression can do how on Earth can one go back? That is just too much micromanaging for one player to do and still call it fun. As a series that is meant to move forward taking away the open world is doing nothing but going back to their old ways. And with what better graphics? Haahahahhaah, they look like sad little blocky cartoons. Speaking of which this new system is just such a horrible shift in how the game is played, appearance , and longevity. So much has been stripped away from sims 3 when that rendition merely added on a great deal that we wanted in sims 2. Sims 4 is like getting bland cold food after having a taste of a well seasoned hot meal, it just doesn't work. I personally played the game for its 48 hour game time and found it to be like a piece of cheap candy wrapped in pretty foil. You like the appearance briefly and enjoy the taste for the moment but soon it wears away showing its true bleak and disgusting nature. That is what sims 4 is and why I will never purchase the game or anything like that. Oh or the the fact the game was broken and not even half complete when it came out full price. Yeah no thanks EA. I will enjoy my Sims 3 and all the beautiful mods users have made to fix your buggy game. In honesty though the sims as a franchise is broken and has only continued its descent into hell, sims 4 being nearly rock bottom.
Instructor
#124 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 12:41 PM
Speaking of the future or lack there of when it comes to the Sims series I have to wonder why no company has made a game to compete with the Sims? It'd be neat to see someone who actually cares about what they're making giving it a shot.
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DesereiPandemoni
Speaking of the future or lack there of when it comes to the Sims series I have to wonder why no company has made a game to compete with the Sims? It'd be neat to see someone who actually cares about what they're making giving it a shot.

Knowing EA, they might have some sort of copyright on this style of game, or at least be able to sue any competing company's game out of existence. That, and The Sims is an extremely complex game to program. Other companies may not want to put so much effort into their version of The Sims only for EA to sue them for "copying them".

-sbugg
(If you're curious on how to pronounce my screen name, I pronounce it "ess-bug".)
Obsessed with the lives of virtual people who run to scream at fires since 2012.
Page 5 of 6