Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 12:46 PM
Default The Sims 3 offline mod?
Hey this may seem like a strange question but in my part of the country all the internet connections are so slow that games that look for an internet connection either see me as being offline or the game crashes.

Now Origin games can just be switched to offline mode so they don't look for a connection, my trouble is that my copy of the Sims 3 is used so I can't put it in Origin.

If I don't have an internet connection active when the game starts everything is fine. The trouble is I like to play games while sometimes waiting the days it can take for drive updates and other things to download, but when I have the connection active and downloading the game sees that I have a connection and tries to use it to get onto the store and the game crashes.

Is there a mod that gets the game to stop looking for an internet connection in the first place? I can't find an option in the menu for this.

I know this is a problem that only effects me but I was just wondering if there was a fix.

If there is and you could post a link I would be grateful.

Thank you for your time.
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 5:32 PM
Oh, that controls it.

Sorry, I didn't put the pieces together.

Now I feel like an idiot. I was looking for an offline mode like with origin games.

Thanks for the help.
Scholar
#4 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 8:59 PM
for most programs, even using Origin/Steam framework you don't need any connection (until staying connected is one of the program basic feature).* Just use particular executable directly (from e.g. [Path to instalation]/Origin Games/[Program Name] or [Path to installation]/Steam/SteamApps/common/[Program Name] (where this "Path" used to be "Program Files (x86)" folder in Win7).

And also you always can block program (Sims 3 in particular) in your Firewall - you appreciate this when you accidentally hit "Shop" button in build/buy mode, which is obviously placed exactly that way to be "accidentally hitten".

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 9:09 PM
Yeah you are right about that, thanks.

I mostly play order games so I didn't know how to block it, thanks for that info, it's a big help.