Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Site Helper
#251 Old 6th Dec 2016 at 2:45 AM
There is a yoga rug here on MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=470223

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Instructor
#252 Old 6th Dec 2016 at 8:41 AM Last edited by DesereiPandemoni : 6th Dec 2016 at 11:11 AM.
I'd like to ninja the animation cycle from Sims 4 used for Monkey Bars and FINALLY add monkey bars to Sims 3. I've heard that Sims 4/3 animation conversion is possible. So it's definitely doable, heck you could probably do it for other things too and add a whole lot of Sims 4 gameplay to 3. Of course to do that I'd actually have to buy sims 4 which requires reinstalling origin...drat.

Nevermind...nothing is worth installing origin
Scholar
#253 Old 6th Dec 2016 at 5:02 PM
I've always secretly wanted dentists.
Instructor
#254 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 8:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
I've always secretly wanted dentists.

Only if they are as creepy in game as they are in real life :D
Lab Assistant
#255 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 8:50 AM
Not realistic but I wanted shape shifter Sims, like the werewolves could become huge dogs or inhuman monsters. Of all the things the Sims could have stolen from Twilight, huge wolves would have been the most interesting. Or the sim could just be a monster. I try to slap on accessories for my werewolves/monsters but many don't stay on...

But I think overall shape shifter would have been fun too. Like the sim could mimic other Sims forms and take advantage of their relationships, maybe ruin some. If the shape shifter and their victim end up in the same area, it could devolve into shoot the fake one scenario lol.

It's probably been mentioned before but one sided relationships are needed in game. It breaks immersion in the game for me when feelings are mutual across the board. Where's my unrequited lpve at?

Also I would like a evil boss and minion sort of dynamic with this. Like minions don't have to like their evil leader but they should listen to them and not slap them, regardless of their feelings. Of course this being a suburbia game, evil minions could be ordered to ruin the neighbor's yard or burn their house down. You know make being an emperor of evil fun.

I talk to myself but no one answers ;_;
Instructor
#256 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 10:22 AM
Invisible walls and arch ways and roofs. I know not very realistic on it's own but hear me out: Use them under things like the circus tent set from the store...and presto! No more rain or snow inside what's supposed to be a shelter. :D
Alchemist
#257 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 10:00 PM
EA should have provided this from the get-go, but I would love to have an online ordering/logistics system within the game.

If you have World Adventures and your Sim has certain skills (like Writing or Painting), you will get opportunities to deliver a book or painting to a foreign country. These would almost always be sent by mail - who travels to freakin' China to deliver a book?? I can understand traveling there to talk to Sims - teens get an opportunity to interview a French Sim to increase their school performance - but delivering things is unrealistic and tedious. There are also some opportunities that have your Sim learn a foreign recipe and cook a meal to deliver it to work - same situation, books could be ordered online.

I know the goal is to get you to interact with the worlds, but stuff like this is annoying.

On that note, if Sims can learn recipes from the TV, why not from the computer or smartphone as well? I can't remember the last time I watched TV for a recipe, lol.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#258 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 10:20 PM Last edited by igazor : 7th Dec 2016 at 11:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
On that note, if Sims can learn recipes from the TV, why not from the computer or smartphone as well? I can't remember the last time I watched TV for a recipe, lol.

Can't help you with your delivery system, but here's your online search for recipes mod (look under the Interactions spoiler).
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=541640
Forum Resident
#259 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
There is a yoga rug here on MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=470223

Oh yeah, I know (and have it though don't think I've ever used it) -- it's less about the yoga and more about the idea of being able to train/tutor other Sims in activities that I wish there was more of. And if there was a way to monetize it, it would have opened up a new slew of casual careers for Sims.
Alchemist
#260 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Can't help you with your delivery system, but here's your online search for recipes mod (look under the Interactions spoiler).
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=541640

Oh. My. God. THANK YOU SO MUCH.
I'm only a little salty about the delivery system since I always decline those opportunities, but this is gold!

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#261 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 7:21 AM
Oh. My. God. THANK YOU SO MUCH.
I'm only a little salty about the delivery system since I always decline those opportunities, but this is gold!

I don't mind my sims having to buy and read recipe books the old fashioned way. But I don't think any of them have set foot in a grocery or book store since I installed that mod. I use its online shopping functions more than anything else. Which is kind of funny because I ended up shopping for delivered groceries online myself a few times in real life when I was recovering from a foot injury years ago and I hated it. Maybe it would be different if we could actually go with our sims inside the grocery store, but guess that's another matter.
Alchemist
#262 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 11:34 AM
I don't mind my sims having to buy and read recipe books the old fashioned way. But I don't think any of them have set foot in a grocery or book store since I installed that mod. I use its online shopping functions more than anything else. Which is kind of funny because I ended up shopping for delivered groceries online myself a few times in real life when I was recovering from a foot injury years ago and I hated it. Maybe it would be different if we could actually go with our sims inside the grocery store, but guess that's another matter.

True, true. I often have a fisherman and a gardener Sim in the family and they often catch/grow enough food to last at least one generation, haha. But I also use Ani's "No Shopping From Fridge" mod, which means they inevitably have to go to the grocery store eventually. And I've trained myself not to buy so many books because I end up hoarding them all, and instead send Sims to the library. The fact that they can meet and talk with other Sims there is an added bonus

But I do like signing the occasional Bookworm up for the book club, it's nice to get a new book in the mail once in a while.

Site Helper
#263 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 1:37 PM
And I've trained myself not to buy so many books because I end up hoarding them all, and instead send Sims to the library.

I would do that, but in real life I've got books stacked 3 deep on the shelves, more piled on top of the shelves, and some in bags because they don't fit on the shelves.

It seems a bit hypocritical to refuse to allow my sims to do the same thing. (And I can't train myself not to get more books, because that and chocolate are the two things that people know they can give me for Christmas.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Alchemist
#264 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I would do that, but in real life I've got books stacked 3 deep on the shelves, more piled on top of the shelves, and some in bags because they don't fit on the shelves.

It seems a bit hypocritical to refuse to allow my sims to do the same thing. (And I can't train myself not to get more books, because that and chocolate are the two things that people know they can give me for Christmas.)

Heh, I have a pretty big bookcase too, but I like to inconvenience my Sims to spend more time outside their home lot Come to think of it, it would be entirely possible to survive while never leaving the lot: Sims can paint/write/sculpt for money to pay the bills (so they don't need a job), watch TV until they gain 1 point in the Gardening skill and get free seeds to plant, cook or order pizza, and entertain themselves with objects or invite other Sims over for company. But that would be boring!

Theorist
#265 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 2:39 AM
I think it's time for artists to care about their work. If your sim disrespects an artwork on display in a museum by calling it "biwi" the artist shows up furious and tries dental destruction on your sim.
Scholar
#266 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 10:32 AM
A minor hair-growing mod would be nice. Maybe even include an option on how fast you'd want hair to grow - this would also lead to a new career as a hairdresser (or make it part of the stylist career). Just something that makes it a little less... choppy that your sim can easily go from having chin-length hair right down to having gorgeous waves down to their ass. Or make it a stylist option called 'get extensions'.
Lab Assistant
#267 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 8:37 AM
It is a concept from NRaas StoryProgression. A caste is merely a group of sims, defined by either a set of criteria or by manual player-directed inclusion. There is not meant to be anything offensive or derogatory about them nor are they intended to convey the notion that some sims are more valuable than others.

All of this is true, and it was a poorly chosen name. But, I'd like to point out that Sims aren't people, and it's okay if a player views some as more valuable than others, anyway. In most of our games, we have some we created and others we did not (the ratio highly dependent on the player). The ones I created I value more highly. Even within the groups of those I created and those I didn't create, I care about some sims more than others.

We actually almost all care about some real people more than others (e.g. we tend to care more about friends and family), although it's an awful thing in real life when such things as a group one is born into has an effect on that. But among Sims, as opposed to real people, it's okay to care more about some than others regardless of the reason.

Friends don't let friends use EA Story.

Use either Awesome or Twallan's.
Field Researcher
#268 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 7:43 PM
I'd like to have a mod that stopped pushes for certain visitors to leave your Sim's house when the last resident leaves the lot. A "I'm leaving the house for a short time, but because we're such good friends, you're more than welcome to hang out until I get back" mod would be lovely.
Test Subject
#269 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
A minor hair-growing mod would be nice. Maybe even include an option on how fast you'd want hair to grow - this would also lead to a new career as a hairdresser (or make it part of the stylist career). Just something that makes it a little less... choppy that your sim can easily go from having chin-length hair right down to having gorgeous waves down to their ass. Or make it a stylist option called 'get extensions'.

Sounds interesting, but I can't imagine this working with the numerous hairstyles we have in game. Would the hair just grow longer while maintaining its shape? Okay, that seems doable, but how about hairs done in a bun, braided, etc?

Speaking about hair: I'd like the concept of natural and dyed hair. It is doable, even though we can create any hair shade we like. The game can just recognize the hair color a sim was born or created in CAS with as natural, no matter what the color is, and any changes to hair color done through mirror or through stylist station can be considered a dye. Children would inherit their parents' natural color, not the shade their parents had when convincing this child.
I am not sure whether it is possible to create such a mod, but this should have been an in-game feature from EA.

My Simblr - Sims 3 builds and occasionally some other Sims 3 stuff
Top Secret Researcher
#270 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 4:14 PM
Realistic mods? This subject is on page 11. Wow.

1. separate wallets for each sim you're playing.
2. Relationships shouldn't be exactly equal for two sims, that's a simplifying assumption. You can like someone who doesn't like you.
3. Bring back dislikes like there were in Sims 2.
4. Gratitude. Sim Emma comes back from the future with a truck load of money made from her plumbot making job, fulfilling Sim Emmett's LTW of having 100,000 simolians net worth. No gratitude. That's not real. (see item 1).
5. MORE Negative traits.

Edit: 6. I want the view of the sim changed to be at eye level. The way the view is now I feel like a god looking down on my little sim.
7. I want better options for playing one sim at at time. I don't like playing multiple sims.
Top Secret Researcher
#271 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
1. separate wallets for each sim you're playing.

This might not be exactly what you are looking for but have you seen Ani's Buyable Moneybag? She created this mod as a work-around for the way S2 handled individual funds.

Digitalchaos' Global Online Banking Mod might be another option. My Sims have bank accounts with auto deposits, loans, etc. and if they earn extra money selling things you can transfer from the household funds to the individual bank account. Might be worth looking into. I is a lot of fun.
Instructor
#272 Old 14th Dec 2016 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown

2. Relationships shouldn't be exactly equal for two sims, that's a simplifying assumption. You can like someone who doesn't like you.

I would die for something like this. In the long run it's so tiring that every attraction is so comfortably mutual.
Site Helper
#273 Old 15th Dec 2016 at 8:55 PM
I think I've mentioned wanting a mod to make sims pay attention to what they want.
I've got another impossible one to go with it. Learn from your mistakes. Slowly, maybe. But if your first 3 husbands dump you after you cast a love charm on them in a crowd, don't cast a love charm on your 4th husband while he's in the middle of a crowd! Save it for your bedroom!

(Ice blasting the toilet is a grey area... it breaks the toilet, but then you get experience by unclogging it. )

Lab Assistant
#274 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 3:17 AM
A Devil's Night Holiday would be pretty nice for sim towns like mine. Sims that don't like eachother will firebomb eachother's homes and businesses once every year around halloween.

Put it in the pranks tab. Torch those crappy neighbors as they sleep and completely destroy the house, not just the objects and furniture, but the walls, floors, and roof too. Burn it to the ground~
Scholar
#275 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 3:34 AM
IT WAS JUST A PRANK, BRO! Camera's right there!
Page 11 of 13