Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#276 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 11:35 AM
I'd like a mod that added a few channels to the stereos; make them work like radios more. Adding in a newschannel and/or a channel to listen to the weather forecast.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#277 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
I'd like a mod that added a few channels to the stereos; make them work like radios more. Adding in a newschannel and/or a channel to listen to the weather forecast.

We could also have channels with the news, then

And channels (radiostations) to specialize on certain genres of music. We could create a channel, name it, and upload the music we want to play on that channel. That would be nice.

My Simblr - Sims 3 builds and occasionally some other Sims 3 stuff
Instructor
#278 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 11:11 PM
So what's with the disagree fairy in this thread? Seems like someone comes in every now and then and mass disagrees once with every post they see. Why wouldn't you just leave a comment explaining your reasoning if you disagree with THAT much stuff o_0
Lab Assistant
#279 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 5:26 AM
Any mod called 'car keys' or 'bike keys', which would stop NPC roommates using the vehicle I bought?
Mad Poster
#280 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 10:35 AM

There was something I made that roughly served that purpose:
http://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.co...tone-toots-horn

Makes use of the custom music channel I never really used.

For the TV, check out this mod by Arsil:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=548672
Top Secret Researcher
#281 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lulu_c
Any mod called 'car keys' or 'bike keys', which would stop NPC roommates using the vehicle I bought?

I have not tried this but wouldn't clicking on the active Sims car/bike and making it the "Preferred Vehicle" stop the NPC's? I have used that option on cars and bicycles and that has stopped sims in the household from committing grand larceny. Or use the Preferred Vehicle and then put the car/bike in their inventory.

I like the idea of having those keys though.
Field Researcher
#282 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 7:19 PM
A pie menu (keys) when clicking on owned vehicles would be great, something similar to locking doors (allow only me, allow my household, allow specific age, don't allow pets to drive, kidding of course, pets rule).
Scholar
#283 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 10:22 AM
I'd like a mod that allowed disabilities - like, you could have a blind Sim, who walks differently and might be touching the walls or furniture, as they move around; use a blindman's cane for outside; different animations for things like cooking and all that fun stuff. Same with a mute Sim, who has no 'proper' voice, but is more diverse with their handmovements, like for sign language.

Also, something that allows my Sims to open their windows. Say, open the window during Summer or Winter to get some (hopefully) cold, fresh air into the house. Air out rooms like the bathroom; stuff like that.
Top Secret Researcher
#284 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 1:10 PM
Also, something that allows my Sims to open their windows. Say, open the window during Summer or Winter to get some (hopefully) cold, fresh air into the house. Air out rooms like the bathroom; stuff like that.

There is a mod here at MTS by cmomoney Animated Open Window Mod.

The mod does work on 1.67 but there are, or might be some limitations however stevset seems to have a work-around : See Post #173 on the last page in the comments section.
Scholar
#285 Old 25th Dec 2016 at 6:22 PM
A mod that made it so that you WOULDN'T get a scandal for having a kid out of wedlock. I mean, if you are playing a world that is based on a very rural, small, everybody-knows-everyone's-business area, I would understand it. But anything like Bridgeport or so, it just flumoxes me! Are they stuck in the 1940s? It's not that uncommon to have kids without being married, whether one is a celebrity or isn't, and celebrities have TONS of kids out of marriages these days.
Theorist
#286 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 2:35 AM Last edited by Shoosh Malooka : 28th Dec 2016 at 10:26 PM.
A realistic mod is one that allows sims to borrow money, but if they wait to pay it back on Christmas then they can make it count as the Christmas present.
Forum Resident
#287 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 5:34 PM
A mod that made it so that you WOULDN'T get a scandal for having a kid out of wedlock. I mean, if you are playing a world that is based on a very rural, small, everybody-knows-everyone's-business area, I would understand it. But anything like Bridgeport or so, it just flumoxes me! Are they stuck in the 1940s? It's not that uncommon to have kids without being married, whether one is a celebrity or isn't, and celebrities have TONS of kids out of marriages these days.

There is a no disgrace mod on here that stops those weird scandals. http://www.modthesims.info/d/424239
Theorist
#288 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 6:23 PM
Is there a mod to disable the save option? Because I always use the safer 'save as' but sometimes I hit save by mistake, which is hazardous.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#289 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 8:37 PM
There are two mods I'd love.
1 - Choosing how many helpings you make when you're cooking for the family. Why do I have to make dinner for 8 (that then either rots or firces my sims to eat leftovers for a week) if there are only 2 sims in the household currently?

2 - Something that reworks the creative skill jobs like writing (and possibly actual careers that involve writing too). In real life, writing a novel is a matter of doing some research, actually writing, pitching your job to publishers or agencies, promoting the book. Rinse and repeat. In my ideal writing mod, you have a set of topic bars like romance, sci-fi, fantasy, humor, adventure, drama, mistery, etc that get filled as you interact with the world. Reading other books, watching TV, browsing internet, talking/flirting with people, etc. Maybe there can be a special sim-topic bar for biographies too. Some traits should affect how quickly the bars fill (romantic helps filling the romance topic, good sense of humor with the humor topic, and so on)
Then you compose the book choosing some of the topics, rather than a genre (which is stupid anyway, most RL books are a mix of genres); the amount of topics you can successfully put in the books depends on your writing skill, but nothing should prevent you from choosing too many (or too few), nor from choosing topics that are not filled yet if you so wish.
The books's quality depends on how full the tipic bars were when you choose to write the book, plus some modifiers from your writing skill (so, if you're really skilled you can get away with a bit of superficial research).
Then, after it's published, you get some opportunities, like going to the local bookstore rabbit hole for a signing session, an interview via your phone, a presentation of the book at the local theater, etc.
The charisma skill should be taken into account a bit in those situations.
Test Subject
#290 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 8:49 PM
Suicide.Nuff said
Site Helper
#291 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Is there a mod to disable the save option? Because I always use the safer 'save as' but sometimes I hit save by mistake, which is hazardous.

It doesn't precisely disable the "Save" option, but Saver from NRAAS automatically prompts a "Save As" at specified intervals. If you forget and do a "save" in between you still have a set of saves that are fairly recent when the game decides not to save after all. The default is one save every half hour of real time, to a maximum of 4 before it starts overwriting the oldest one. And those options can be changed.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#292 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 9:34 AM
An mouseover option to see how many servings are left in a group meal would be great, especially when you have multiple dishes. Sometimes I queue up actions in advance and realize that some sims went hungry because there were no more servings left by the time they got to it

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Scholar
#293 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BerserkCollins17
Suicide.Nuff said

Similar to this (or not so similar?), a mod that can make it difficult for some female Sims to get pregnant easily. Like, some can get pregnant from one woohoo, another may try multiple times before it happens. And a chance that the pregnancy may not go full-term.
Instructor
#294 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 11:30 PM
@sweetdevil

Set The Table & Call To Meal by icarus_allsorts displays the number of remaining servings next to the interaction name when a group serving is clicked.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Scholar
#295 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 11:41 PM
A mod that will push sims who have been singed to bathe. I don't want them to leave work or school to do it, but a singed sim shouldn't be wandering around town or going to work that way.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Forum Resident
#296 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 6:36 PM
I'd like a mod that ties certain outfits to the seasons. For instance, your Sims could wear a different outfit in the winter vs. in the summer. Outerwear is nice but it's still weird to see my Sims in shorts during the winter, even indoors.
Alchemist
#297 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
@sweetdevil

Set The Table & Call To Meal by icarus_allsorts displays the number of remaining servings next to the interaction name when a group serving is clicked.

Thank you, I'll try it out!

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
#298 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
I'd like a mod that ties certain outfits to the seasons. For instance, your Sims could wear a different outfit in the winter vs. in the summer. Outerwear is nice but it's still weird to see my Sims in shorts during the winter, even indoors.

Yeah, I'd love that too. I remember that at some point after Seasons came out it seemed that Nraas Dresser was going to have that feature, but it never went through. Maybe it can't be done.
Theorist
#299 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 12:02 AM

I turn off the whole scandal thing with NRAAS Story progression, General>Celebrity option. If you use mods at all, and just want to make children out of wedlock thing not a scandal, you can also just set that under General>Celebrity>Disallow: Disgrace By Type.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Mad Poster
#300 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
I wish we had mods so sims could mow their lawns and wash their cars. Life in the suburbs FTW!

Look, I'm as open-minded as the next person but I don't think I want to see the car washing animations of sims who keep their vehicles in their pockets.
Page 12 of 13