Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#151 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 11:17 PM
Default Spooky Post
Hey it's been a hot minute but I thought I would post some pics I got for the Halloween spirit. Just a quick little update

Roderick and Ros Kapitha thought it would be a good idea to get some friends together and loiter in the Isla Del Kashmire Cemetery instead of trick or treat. Ros thinks she's too old but Roderick would disagree. He only agreed to Ros's idea to ghost hunt because Kaylee Piper was coming along and he thought that could put him in a position to comfort her if she got scared.

And look, it worked:

This, by the way is the Orbinson Family Mausoleum where Kent, Joy, Milo, Jana, and Kerry's souls are resting. Who knows how the Kapitha twins go a key to it.

A random spectral Dog, not one I remember being owned by any Orbinson gives Roderick a scare for trespassing. Maybe it's Kaylee's turn to comfort him.

Jana's ghost appears after the teens get out and she's just so lonely, she wanted to haunt them.

Thanks for reading!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#152 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 12:15 AM
I'm not sure how to leave a comment in this format. I hope it goes where it's supposed to go.

What a lovely guide through several generations of unique family members. I love the way you include photos of each person over the years, and all the detail (when, why, with whom). The favorite sibling question is so interesting and different. And the glimpses inside the homes...well I love to take a peek at the way personalities are reflected in living spaces. It took me a while to meander through and that is a very good thing!
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#153 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 4:11 AM
Default End of the Year - Population!
Replies from last time

@jain - I got the comment just fine, thank you for dropping one Thank you for reading too, because it was a lot to go through, the collective history of families and whatnot. I'm a big fan of pics, as you likely can tell by now, so I must include as many as I can find and take to illustrate the writing

UPDATE

So I did a little project (and by little I mean about 5 hours) where I got pics of all my playable sims. A majority are ones that I either made, or were born from sims I made originally. A few other simmers' sims are in the population (SummerGlau, MaryanneSims, and Isamajor) that I had downloaded in the past, and then my sister's sims plus friends that visited that I made make me some sims round out the population. Many you have seen in previous posts in this thread but many you have not! I hope to bring you more family posts and updates in 2019.

\

Link Ninja
Original Poster
#154 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 10:59 PM Last edited by Charmful : 18th Oct 2019 at 5:41 AM.
Default Media: Kashmire's Next Top Model
Okay so It's been a hot minute, happy half-way into the new year?

My hood has been on hold game play-progress-wise but I did take up hosting a 'Modelling Show' on Facebook. I made a copy of my Kashmire hood to run the 'show' - it's filled with other people's lady sim applicants competing to win Kashmire's Next Top Model. I have always been a fan of ANTM and as you can see, taking sim pics. If you would like to follow the show, it's on this public page - you do not have to have a a Facebook Account to look at it.

Anyway, here are my contestants and makeovers. You can see a sampling of each photoshoot in the MTS sim art sims 2 thread or to see the entire shoots, those are on my tumblr . Here are the episode album links:

Episode 1 | 1.5
Episode 2 | 2.5
Episode 3 | 3.5
Episode 4 | 4.5
Episode 5 | 5.5

I hope you enjoy my pics! Let me know if you happen to follow and if you have a favorite model! Thanks

Field Researcher
#155 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 10:44 PM
As you know, I am tremendously behind, so I will be commenting on things you posted long ago. I just have to say some things, even though your game is probably way past these points.

The Father's Day post:

The picture of Halen Louis and his girls perfectly captures their relationship. I like how proud he is of his unique daughters, and how they love him.

It's fitting that the Orbinson family picture is a more staged, official photo.

The Adagio Hart picture looks like they were posing for a photograph and Hazel couldn't stop herself from throwing her arms around him. I like it.

Anton Kapitha is maybe missing out on a bit by not being able to show his love in any but a physical way, but the kids have a good balance between their two parents.

Apartments & SCIA:

How fun that you built a headquarters and badges, and worked out a whole hierarchy for your SCIA agents.

Spooky Post:

Sneaky sneaky Roderick! It worked, though.

Next Top Model:

That sounds like a lot of fun. I like how very different the models are from each other. If I get around to reading the episodes, I may change my mind, but, being a redhead myself, I'm partial to Liliana and Felicity at the moment.
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#156 Old 18th Oct 2019 at 6:49 AM
Default UPDATE - Fall 2019
Replies from last time

Oh @Cher64 - no need to apologize. I'm actually way behind. Job stuff really ramped up this year so I've clocked a lot less hours in game overall in 2019. But I'm keepin' on and thank you so, so much in your continued interest no matter how long it takes you to reply

On point as usual in your observances about the father's day posts - especially about the Orbinson picture. Prim and Proper is their game, appearances are the most important asset they have so their photo is a bit stiff and professional.

The SCIA project came to be when I entered a short story contest on a sims FB group last summer. I had to be a bit extra about it though to go as far to make badges and a whole building. I finally published the short story on MTS! Here it is in case you want to check it out!

Roderick is STILL flirting like his life depends on it with Kaylee - even a year later! See below Fall pics for more teen shenanigans. His sister isn't there to interrupt him this time XD

My Modeling show is still going slowly but surely. I've made it up to the 6th Photoshoot! I too, have a soft spot for red-headed models. I find myself cheering for them on other people's sims modeling shows. It's just such a dynamic color and a great autumn color as well!

UPDATE

So Autumn is my favorite season and going on theme with last year's autumn pictures, I did a new batch featuring Roderick Kapitha, his cousin Xander Hart, and their two main squeezes, Lydia Mae MacKenzie and Kaylee Piper - who are the most popular teens in Kashmire at the moment and if Kaylee ever agreed to be Roderick's official girlfriend, they'd be the ultimate power couples! I used the Memosa Bay Regional Park as the back drop for some autumn-y pictures.

I almost forgot Melinda Cosgrove and Marty Calhoun finally got married (much to their scheming parents' pleasure), and went to Three Lakes on their honeymoon - all pics here

Then, they bought a house in Isla Del Kashmire and welcomed two new bundles of Calhoun into their lives, a son named Alexander and another on the way! Marty, like his brother, Jimmy, was looking for a specific job in the science career but an opening never happened so now he's a willing stay-at-home dad for his kid and writes novels from home when Alex is napping. Melinda works with her sister in the same architecture firm.

Here is a new family pic of all 3 generations of Calhoun men. L to R (Bryce, Jimmy, Ash, Marty, and Alexander)

In sadder news, a fire broke out in the home of Shandi Wellington - if you recall, she was the elder widowed mother with two daughters who was having a tough time making ends meet. It's now worse for poor Janine and Adela - luckily Janine is old enough to take care of Adela but since they really have no family ties (they have relatives but are not close with them at all) it's going to be tough moving forward.

Thanks for reading, hopefully I will not wait 6 months until the next update!

Test Subject
#157 Old 18th Oct 2019 at 6:00 PM
OMG the way he sidelooks at the camera while he's picking apples! Perhaps it wasn't intentional, but he looks soooo sexy
Field Researcher
#158 Old 18th Oct 2019 at 6:01 PM
Fall is my favorite season and I love seeing the pictures.
Until you got to cats over owls (though I am allergic to cats, I'd still prefer one over an owl), I thought I had nothing at all in common with Franz! I, too, would much rather read than write.
How nice to see a picture of the generations of Calhoun men. The little ones will really treasure that at some point.
Poor Adela and Janine. I hope life will be kinder to them in the future, but it looks like it will be quite rough for a while.
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#159 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 6:36 AM Last edited by Charmful : 18th Feb 2020 at 6:33 PM.
Default Update: Catching up with the Kapithas
Replies from last time

@nayhan1 - He does have rather striking eyes, even when avoiding eye contact. It wasn't intentional from a picture standpoint but it fits his narrative!

@Cher64 - I'm glad you loved my fall pictures. Winter has been cold and busy I think everyone can find something in Franz to relate to, whether it be one of his hobbies, his demeanor, or favorite things! And I played Adela and Janine recently, they have taken up to sleeping in their mom's bed and obsessively try to tidy it up if it hasn't been made. Janine is a few days from graduating and becoming a young adult, Adela just turned to a teen so I'll see what happens if Adela is left to live in a house all on her own!

UPDATE

As we saw last update, Roderick Kapitha has been trying (and failing) to convince Kaylee Piper to date him for over a year. Roderick is the 2nd most date-able guy in the high school. Plenty of his peers have their eye on him but they just can never sway his eyes from Kaylee Piper.

It's not that Kaylee likes to lead people on, but she doesn't want to go all in on a relationship if she doesn't *feel* it. And despite their single bolt of chemistry and max relationship points, it didn't seem any amount of Roderick's flirting and advances ever made her heart thrash against her chest and her knees go weak.

Roderick was always just...Rockerick. A Goofy, show-off, jock constantly trying to gain her affection. Until now. She rolled a want to fall in love with Roderick and I, as the Goddess of Kashmire, tried to make it happen!

Field Researcher
#160 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 5:34 PM
Isn't it funny that everyone would date Roderick except the one person he really wants to date? I'm happy for him that she finally gave him a chance. I love the picture of them with the blonde in the pink vest looking horrified.

Melody and Anton are hilarious together! Poor, traumatized Ros.
Lab Assistant
#161 Old 20th Feb 2020 at 4:55 AM
Squeeee!!! They're all so beautiful!! And I love watching Roderick and Kaylee together. Great pics *Can finally see everything*
Instructor
#162 Old 26th Feb 2020 at 7:30 PM
So happy to see this neighbourhood is still going! Loving all the sim pics

Formally known as TotallySimsCrazy. Still addicted to custom content.
Simblr
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#163 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 4:26 AM
Default Update - Fall 2020
Replies from last time
@Cher64 - Thanks for the comment! Ros will be fine, she got over it pretty fast but still hates it when her parents do PDA. Roderick and Kaylee are the cutest, I was shuffling through old pics and even saw one where Roderick had just turned teen and was having Kaylee dance on his feet since she was still a kid.

@yaolicious - Hello again! Always love seeing you drop in and comment! Thank you! I hope your access still works!

@xSparrow - It's still running! My problem is keeping the thread updated so if you want to read more below is an info dump with pics (and links)!

UPDATES
MINI STORIES

Ok since this thread got bumped to the second page of social groups it's probably high time I updated. Lots of stuff actually has been happening in my game, it's just kind of a pain to upload pics to a separate site to have them in line here. I created a handful of 'mini stories' over 2020 that can be found on the Sims 2 Facebook Group (it's a great group full of active TS2 players!) Some of these stories go into detail of families I haven't posted about yet on this thread.

Mini Story 1: Mystery of the Hart feat. Hazel Hart

Synopsis: Is sixteen really that sweet? For Hazel Hart it seems pretty average, until a new student arrives at her school.
Link for the Album/Story (if you can join the FB group)

Mini Story 2: Not Another Teen Party feat. Cedar Wellington + handful of Kashmire teens

Synopsis: Cedar Wellington is handsome, popular, and romantic. He hatches a plan to pursue one of the most eligible teen bachelorettes in Kashmire.

Mini Story 3: For the Love of... feat. the MacKenzie Family

Synopsis: Gina Mackenzie has had a life of ups and downs. But what goes up must come down as she endures the loss of her lover and father of her children. They too, must deal with loss and learn to love. After all, they say it is better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.

Mini Story 4: Mother's Daughter feat. Elle and Eris King

Synopsis: Eris King has spent her whole life wondering about how her life would have been if her mother was a part of it. Now it's time to find out.

Mini Story 5: A Tale of Two Houses feat. Nick Hart

Synopsis: College can be a confusing time. For the roommates in the Sim State Brownstone and for the ladies in the Cosgrove Scholarship House.

Mini Story 6: Ocean Girl feat. Amelia Wellington

Synopsis: Amelia Wellington, youngest twin by five minutes, has always love the ocean. 'Obsessed' some might say. Through her determination and creativity she has finally reached some of her dreams!

Speaking of Amelia, I created a video featuring her Srufboard Shop business!

VACATIONS & BUILDING

This year I have also re-vamped both Takemizu Village and Twikkii Island lots plus added more, and released lot tour videos of the remodels for Takemizu:
Lodging
Community Lots

And then the Wellingtons went on vacation there (sorry! another FB Album Link)

I did a big project I mentioned in the main thread about what's Happening in Your Game, where I created 7 backwoods hiking trails to simulate a backpacking, rustic vacation in Three Lakes. Adagio Hart and his family went on vacation there. (Yay! an Imgur album of details)

Twikkii Videos to come!

I also nabbed Zarathustra's golf course and converted it to a tropical terrain for Kashmire Point!

Let's see...what else?

SIMS LIVES

Oh! Victoria and Sawyer FINALLY got married!

Link for the Honeymoon/Story (if you can join the FB group)

Mira Cosgrove designed a new skating rink!

More Pics/Info (Tumblr)

KAPITHA GROWTH!

This was the original thread about the Kapithas, in case you wanted context.

Took Family Pics of all the Kapithas back in the spring - all four elder siblings (+ living spouses), their kids (+ spouses), and grandkids:

Jag Garcia (Tibbys Son), Tibby Garcia ('nee Kapitha), Mercedes & Marquez Sanchez (Seychelle's Kids), Seychelle (Tibby's daughter) & Salvatore Sanchez

Roderick & Rosaline Kapitha, Rayon & Olivia Kapitha, Anton & Melody Kaptiha

Ori Kaptiha and his son, Angelo Sanchez - Angelo's mother is Salvatore's older sister, full disclosure, but they are not married.

Fernando & Yasmine Kapitha, their kids - Laika, Shreya, and Shalin

And then over the course of playing, Laika and the Sanchez twins grew up!

AUTUMN 2020!

And finally here were most recent Autumn pics for 2020 featuring Alanna Thackery, The Male Hart cousins plus YA Cedar Wellington, and K. Yamorika

So yeah that's a lot and there's always more! Thank you for reading!

Theorist
#164 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 5:34 PM
@Charmful
Lots of great pictures. Can't pick a favourite. Thank you for sharing. I hope one day I'll be able to discover your stories on FB (not really my thing )
I think I should hire you to revamp my Takemizu. I'm sure your sims enjoy yours more than my vanilla one.
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#165 Old 7th Dec 2021 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
@Charmful
Lots of great pictures. Can't pick a favourite. Thank you for sharing. I hope one day I'll be able to discover your stories on FB (not really my thing )
I think I should hire you to revamp my Takemizu. I'm sure your sims enjoy yours more than my vanilla one.

@Essa - Sorry it's been a year since my last update and that I hadn't responded! I DO appreciate your comment and keep it close to my heart! I have done a metric ton of stuff with my hood since last November (and apologies if you already some of it, since I have sprinkled a bit of happenings in the main thread about what's happening in your game), it's almost daunting to try to put it all into one post but I am going to try to segment out events in 2022, which is YEAR 15 of Kashmire's existence

I would love to revamp your Takemizu it was a fun project. I actually have done some more! In February 2021 I decided to build a Takemizu wedding destination lot, a pretty pond area with an island where sims could get married. I used the cherry blossom trees, and water lights, and somehow figured out how to build a staged bridge that curves? And then, when my sim got robbed by the 'Yellow Rose Clan' later that spring it inspired be to build the Clan's hideout off the beaten path in Takemizu, complete with a hibachi eatery, karaoke, and mahjong gambling.

Video of the wedding venue
Visit Takemizu Promo Vid
Yellow Rose Hideaway pictures

I started a re-vamp of my entire 'Pandora' downtown (desert hood) - to make it more attractive to weekend tourists. Kashmire Point has also been growing in the tourism industry.

And the sims! So many sims have grown up within the last year. I have a whole child-teen collection images of Mira and Jimmy's family, baby Bryce isn't such a baby anymore - he's a teen in Private school

I did a giant Hart Family Album status for 2021 - some pics you might have seen on MTS or even in this thread before before but gathered a bunch through space and I overlaid the family pics with some fun facts and edited a bunch into polaroid snapshots - it's a great read for the family history in the five years since I first wrote about them, especially info on the Hart Side Cousins - which there ended up being 15 of!

And finally, to keep this post semi-short and sweet, if you were curious about that 'Mystery of the Hart' story I posted a year ago, as the first 'mini story' above, then I'm delighted to say that 'mini' story ballooned into almost 300 pictures and 10 parts - it is now complete and ready to be viewed NOT on Facebook. You can view it here !

Tagging @Cher64 @Yaoilicious @xSparrow - just because it's been a long time, this social groups section is kind off the beaten path to check on, and you might be interested in an update or at least some of the pretty pictures that I've linked to! Cheers!

Field Researcher
#166 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 3:14 AM
15 years, that's awesome! It's great to see you posting here again.

The Takemizo wedding venue is gorgeous.

I've really enjoyed the Hart Family Album, and I had to laugh out loud when I reached Nick and he had been given an alignment. I love it!

Hazel and Erik's story was something else, and a lot of fun to read. I'm not sure it's a great idea to have them in the same house, unless Adagio is planning to retire and never leave them alone.
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#167 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cher64
15 years, that's awesome! It's great to see you posting here again.

The Takemizo wedding venue is gorgeous.

I've really enjoyed the Hart Family Album, and I had to laugh out loud when I reached Nick and he had been given an alignment. I love it!

Hazel and Erik's story was something else, and a lot of fun to read. I'm not sure it's a great idea to have them in the same house, unless Adagio is planning to retire and never leave them alone.

Thank you so much, I love to share, it's just a task and half to get all the info compiled. Curating stories and pictures is work! I do want to update more often, I have so much content to share about my hood from 2020-2021.

I was looking for some fun fillers to lay down over the photo and D&D alignment chart seemed fitting ahaha, so I did that with all the cousins!

Thanks for reading my story! I'm glad it's finally done, not that I wanted to hurry through it, but I'd been laying out the narrative for Adagio's career as a secretive SCIA agent and the tension with keeping it from Hazel for more than five years, so it's such a relief that it culminated into this long form story.

I'm sure Adagio and Erik talked a lot before Erik and his sister moved in. There were probably rules laid down like 'No funny business in my home with my daughter' and Erik likes life, so he's not gonna break that. Out of respect for Adagio for allowing him this huge favor. However, Adagio didn't say anything about 'outside his home '

Link Ninja
Original Poster
#168 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 12:45 AM Last edited by Charmful : 28th Jun 2022 at 5:45 AM.
Default General Update - June 2022
Alrighty, it's mid year 2022! What's new in Kashmire!? I'll tell you...

UPDATE JUNE 2022

1. The Kashmire of yesterday is shedding all of its weird corruptions from over the years and starting anew like a butterfly emerging from a cacoon! Lord Crumps did an honestly shocking and amazing project where he re-constructed Kashmire from all the lots, to all the sims, to each of their personalities so it will be like I'm picking up right where I left off! It was a three-month-long project from March-May 2022 and I'm currently in the throes of finishing up creating custom townies, dormies, downtownies, Bon Voyage tourists and locals. I've been slipping in easter egg names to some of them based on my favorite fellow simmers and creators in the sims 2 community over the years. Names like 'Zara Thustra' and 'Dee-Dee' as well as 'Tricia Manly' so I guess I will get a little kick out of seeing their sim manifestations running around in the background!

2. Before that project I will say Pandora BOOMED in 2021. I focused on growth in the small desert downtown which now has many more attractions including a mini-golf course , a teen hostel, a 'racercade' which is just an outdoor place to play arcade games and race remote control cars, there's a horse ranch (pending horses), a new trailer park, a retirement community, a vineyard (unowned), a train station, well here's a post I made on my Tumblr with some pictures. I also went all-in on some canyon deco post-Kashmire 2.0 to give it some more deserty flair!

3. I finished 'MYSTERY OF THE HART' but Erik and Hazel are still going strong and are currently young adults. Here's the epilogue to that story and plus I wrote a series of 10 picture posts/vignettes about their romance from Erik's POV and if anyone wants to read it, just let me know because it's a mix of links and some are NSFW so aren't publically posted anywhere. However, I am starting an official sequel about them and their adventures in the next stage of life!

4. Speaking of stories I started a new one called 'A WEEK AWAY ' revolving around some of my younger teens on a class trip to (remodeled) Three Lakes. It's currently a WIP but has over 400 pictures available with a captioned storyline. And there are a few short stories to read before that might shed some light on how the characters are.

Synopsis: A High School Trip! What could go wrong? It's suspected to be an eventful time with a handful of teens in Three Lakes with exactly one chaperone! Pining among the pines. Hot encounters in hot springs. Betrayal among friends and siblings. Someone is going to need a hot cocoa and a hug.

5. I ran a Bachelor Auction last fall at the Kashmire Point Country Club to get some of my single sims out on some serious dates!

That's really the big thing for now. I have loads more content in bits I post in the Facebook Group if anyone is inclined to take part in that, but I understand if not!
Thanks for reading my update

Since I update so infrequently I think it's probably best to tag any of those interested to let them know. Going off the past few posts I think that would be @nayahn1 @Yaoilicious @xSparrow @Essa and @Cher64 if anyone else is interested in keeping up with these or doesn't want to be tagged you can PM me and I'll put you on or take you off the tag list!

Test Subject
#169 Old 5th Jul 2022 at 5:11 PM
Oh my, Rachel, honestly the job you do with your sims is amazing! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#170 Old 12th Jul 2022 at 11:01 PM
Thank you keeping me tagged on your updates; I love seeing what's happening in your game. There is always plenty to catch up on!
I want to say that I am a big fan of Colleen's "F around and find out" philosophy. I have used that phrase myself, though not with the follow-through violence!
My favorite thing, though, was the after-auction socializing at the end of the First Ever Kashmire Bachelor Auction.
Thanks for another great, and entertaining, update!
Field Researcher
#171 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 8:04 PM Last edited by jain : 1st Aug 2022 at 10:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
CECILY

It's really interesting to go back and read the Louis family after Miles and Cecily (not saying more because possible spoiler). She comes across as pretty much the same dedicated and professional scientist, not maybe as bullied by her sister as she is now. Her relationship with her parents and siblings and what impact that has on the relationship with Miles is illuminating. She can use the acceptance and moral support as much as he. Also she's beautiful!
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#172 Old 2nd Jan 2023 at 6:41 AM Last edited by Charmful : 29th Jan 2023 at 2:28 AM.
Default Update - 2022 Wrap Up!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Tagging those who may still be interested in the happenings of Kashmire!
@nayahn1 @Yaoilicious @xSparrow @Essa and @Cher64 @jain @bbostic8 @NikkaSimms @freelala

Since it's been roughly six months since my last update I'm doing another one to wrap up 2022 and start of 2023!

Kashmire has been moving and changing constantly with hood deco, new lots, and new sims. Scandalica City and Memosa Bay, in particular, have been lit up into beautiful nightscapes because I learned how to light up hood deco around early autumn.

Kashmire Point and Pandora have become the best places for local tourism and retirees to settle in because of their warmer climates.

A lot of my updates are in the Facebook Group if you want the full nitty-gritty of everything that's happened (new builds, small lore updates via gameplay), but I understand if anyone doesn't like to use it so I have put a lot of pictures into Imgur albums to share to those who don't. Or you can always scroll through my Tumblr for pictures. Currently, I have my '100 pics of 2022' series just released!

1. The Hood and Subhoods in 2022

As mentioned, I went to town dressing up my two major cities with hood deco. Here is an album with more pictures.

I made a slice-of-life video of Scandalica City which was really fun!

Here's a walk-through video of the new Memosa Bay Flora Research Lab

I built a whole bunch of things this year - A mini golf course for Kashmire Point, Bus Stops for every sub-region, I rebuilt Alberto Crecensio's home, The Flora research center, two dog parks in the major cities. Remodeled the Memosa Bay Plaza and Regional park and then remodeled a bunch of coffee shops, the Scandalica City Recreational Center. I don't think any new businesses were opened but Panora's Pleasure House was remodeled and renamed the WAP.

2. Of Plants and Players

This was a story I started in August. The springboard for it was the Bachelor Auction that I linked in the previous post. It follows Miles Piper and Cecily Louis's romance, she bid on him at the auction. The story is currently in progress but up to six parts so far.

Synopsis: A natural scientist with high expectations and a video game designer with a string of failed romances fall hard and fast for each other after she purchases a date with him for a charity event bachelor auction. What do they have in common? What doesn’t click? How can they navigate complex family issues and most of all, how can they make this work when their histories in the dating department point to it being nearly impossible?

You can Read it HERE

3. From Ruskslovia, with Love

I just cannot quit Hazel Hart and Erik Denholm. They are my #1 fave couple at the moment and I had to continue their story as Young Adults. This is ongoing with slow updates, part III is currently underway. I also have built a new subhood but it's outside of Kashmire and solely for story purposes.

Synopsis: Hazel Hart couldn’t be happier! She has a loving family, a doting boyfriend, is doing well at Uni but she is soon finding out that plans go astray. How far is Hazel Hart willing to go for love?

You can Read it HERE

I also completed the 4 Seasons photos of them!

4. Family Photos Galore!

This year I made a LOT of family photos.

We have Mother's Day Features:

Family Features:

Some BIG extended family photos:

Winter Holiday Photos:

5. BABIES?!

I haven't had a baby boom in awhile because I play so slowly but one on my goals for 2023 is to have sims have more babies (at least 10) so Kashmire doesn't suffer from a population collapse. I'm already five in with Elias Elberts, Lorenzo Zeitlebahn, Mara Mason, Catalina Sanchez, and Jayden Drake. I built a fertility/family planning clinic in Memosa Bay to spur me to get more babies. Elise Mason is a single lady who struck out on her auction date, I decided wanted to have a child with no support from a partner so I had her visit. Then I used visitor controller to only allow adult and elder males on the lot, then from that pool I decided who would 'donate' and then use sim blender to 'make pregnant with' the donor and go on her merry way. Once the baby was born, I used sim blender to cut the biological father's ties to it. Alternatively, couple Atticus and Iago Sanchez wanted to adopt - so I took them to the clinic and instead used visitor controller to only allow adult females (potential surrogates) and then I decided which of them would use their genetics on the surrogate - sent her on her merry way, played her, accelerated her pregnancy, put the infant up for adoption, and then had one of the eager Dads call in to get their new infant that is biologically Iago's child. So that's been a fun and fresh new way to make infants in my hood!

6. Commune for non-traditional job-seekers

I downloaded this lot by andreva and placed it in Scandalica City awhile back and had SO much fun decorating it. The idea behind it is to have sims live in it who don't want to work a traditional career and focus on other things like writing, painting, etc. It has a rooftop garden and is very shabby but they can also sell
stuff from their garden and other creative things in a storefront on the first floor. I added 5 new sims to Kashmire, all created by other simmers, more info in the spoilers tags!

7. Retirement Places

With a Chris Hatch mod, I could build apartment styled retirement homes, place a bird bath and then move in retired elders. The mod does 2 things, it will find other NPC Elders to move into empty units so it feels like a real retirement village or community. 2. It will search out for any living relatives of the elders and make them walk by to check up on their mom, dad, grandparents. I build Adobes in Pandora and Beach cottages in Kashmire Point. So far The Pheonixes and Cosgroves (Pierce and Jillian) have moved into these communities and it's SO fun to play so I highly suggest this mod if you struggle playing elders.

More images here!

8. Some kids are finally in Uni.

9. TOP 10 MODS I DOWNLOADED IN 2022 (Some are new and some old, I just got with the program)

1. 50 LTWs - Lamare
2. Everything Shiftable - Lamare
3. Bubblebath Default Replacement - pforest
4. Senior Retirement Homes - Chris Hatch
5. Gussy Up Update - lingeringwillx
6. Baby Clothes Mod - Chris Hatch
7. Laundry Mod - Sun&Moon Starfactory
9. Inky-Fish's Male Bodyhair Overlays - Rikku
10. Custom Fishing spot with custom fish - Asyarth

10. 2022 SIM CENSUS!

I haven't done this since 2018 but I went ahead and did that thing where I took all the playable sims of Kashmire pictures. Here are all the ones in my game as of September 2022:

Replies from last time
nayahn1 - Thank you so much and right back at you! You have such a rich way of storytelling and have for years, I always enjoy your comic updates!

Cher64 - You are welcome, I post so infrequently that I feel I need to flag you down so you know. Colleen is a little firecracker when she is forced to be but would rather people just leave her alone. What I loved about the Bachelor auction was it was one of those random played-out scenarios where they have matched up based on attraction and I just let them loose and interpreted it in a quick story format, and it led to something beautiful if you check out the 'Of Plants and Players' story I highlight in this post! I've set up another six months worth of content to digest so I hope you are well-fed!

jain - I was happy to see you went back and checked out the Louis family post to gain more information on Cecily and her family, thank you! Those relationships will be important for the rest of the story. It's so uncanny because the Louis family is based on my friend's family and I am friends with her sister on Facebook so I see the real Cecily life updates and she really does look like her sim counterpart, even though sim!Cecily was born in game around 2014 so it's just a coincidence they have similar genetics. I hope you continue to read the Kashmire happenings in 2023!

-----

5+ hours later after chasing down links and writing/copying everything, I think I've updated you on what's been going on so I hope you enjoyed the reads and tidbits and probably another 6 months I will have another update!

~charmful

Page 7 of 7