2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View First Unread Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#14576 Old 10th May 2024 at 1:39 AM
Quote:
It's not even like one sided games don't exist: for basketball you can play king, or even a 2-on-2, I've done so and it works. And for football there's that game whose English name I don't know, but it only needs one goal and it ends with shootouts, that can have any number of players too.

What's King? Is it like HORSE? They definitely could've done the recreational activities better. TS1 had volleyball, for heaven's sake. Tennis might've been fun. Ping-pong. Foosball (i know they have CC ones, but would a standard EAxis one be too much to ask?). I've always wanted hockey, going back to the TS1 days of the Sim City Flamingos! I'm guessing when you said "football" you meant soccer, but i'm curious as all get-out what game you can't recall in English. hahaha...

Freetime also could've included off-world sports and recreational events that would've been awesome! Instead of an after school job, perhaps your sim could've gone to baseball /football /soccer /hockey practice... Cheerleading? Gymnastics? Drama club? Band/Orchestra? Glee club? Scouting? Perhaps on weekends, the kids could have games, instead of practice, or scouting ...things... I mean, a camp-out would be fun, but scouts do other things besides camp-outs. Maybe there could be chance cards, that laid out scenarios where your sims could win or lose games, tournaments, prizes, have a performance...

So much more that could've been! ::sigh::

-gE
>=)

Sims2 Shenanigans Workshop Discord! Learn to mod!!
Join our Discord and participate LIVE! Interact with instructors and creators!
Next Workshop Sat. May18. Accesorize Your Life part 1!!
This Workshop is part 1, on Creating New Accessories! Part 2 will be May 25. Join Now, and start creating!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#14577 Old 10th May 2024 at 7:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
Freetime also could've included off-world sports and recreational events that would've been awesome! Instead of an after school job, perhaps your sim could've gone to baseball /football /soccer /hockey practice... Cheerleading? Gymnastics? Drama club? Band/Orchestra? Glee club? Scouting? Perhaps on weekends, the kids could have games, instead of practice, or scouting ...things... I mean, a camp-out would be fun, but scouts do other things besides camp-outs. Maybe there could be chance cards, that laid out scenarios where your sims could win or lose games, tournaments, prizes, have a performance...

So much more that could've been! ::sigh::

-gE
>=)

For off screen activities there are already 3 lvl careers for that. Or can easily be made.
Also there's the "kids go camping in weekends" mod by Chris Hatch.

But what would indeed be really fun is playing soccer, basketball... with several sims.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Follow me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Field Researcher
#14578 Old 10th May 2024 at 12:50 PM
Could GROUP interaction activity for soccer and basketball be created? I am 100% in for that but dont know if it can be done. Also volleyball sounds so cool, especially for beach lot and summer time.
Mad Poster
#14579 Old 10th May 2024 at 3:08 PM
I really wish that they had converted the volleyball. I even read that there was an unused graphic for it in the game files, so they were thinking about it. So close.
Instructor
#14580 Old Yesterday at 1:03 AM
Volleyball would have been so nice in beach lots and on vacation. The main gripe I have with Bon Voyage is that it's very much geared towards the exotic side with the vacation themes instead of just having an average beach destination. I would genuinely love a vacation destination where it's just a city that happens to be seaside instead of hula dancing and witch doctors and pirates.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Forum Resident
#14581 Old Yesterday at 6:38 PM
What's King? Is it like HORSE?

Basically the group lines up with two basketballs, and the two in front try to get the ball into the basket. If the one in front does first, they can run to the back of the line, and give the ball to the next person. If the second from front does so first, the one in front is eliminated, and the balls get passed to the next two. The one who stands till the end is the king. Hope I could explain it well enough, English is my first languagen't.

I'm guessing when you said "football" you meant soccer, but i'm curious as all get-out what game you can't recall in English. hahaha...

It's not so much "can't recall", it's moreso that my classmates just called it "butt" because at the end you'd all line up (...patterns) with the last goalie in the goal, hunched over, and everyone would take turns trying to hit the goalie on the butt, and if you couldn't, you'd join him. There was a whole game before that, mind you, it's just that I only ever had the courage to ask to play like twice, and each time someone else told the rules so I don't actually know. Also the name itself is more vulgar, but again, the English language.

Glee club?

I feel like The Sims 2 is quite inclusive in general, so I don't think there'd be a club just for minorities.
Forum Resident
#14582 Old Yesterday at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
Basically the group lines up with two basketballs, and the two in front try to get the ball into the basket. If the one in front does first, they can run to the back of the line, and give the ball to the next person. If the second from front does so first, the one in front is eliminated, and the balls get passed to the next two. The one who stands till the end is the king. Hope I could explain it well enough, English is my first languagen't.

Aaah, i could see that working in TS2.

Quote:
It's not so much "can't recall", it's moreso that my classmates just called it "butt" because at the end you'd all line up (...patterns) with the last goalie in the goal, hunched over, and everyone would take turns trying to hit the goalie on the butt, and if you couldn't, you'd join him. There was a whole game before that, mind you, it's just that I only ever had the courage to ask to play like twice, and each time someone else told the rules so I don't actually know. Also the name itself is more vulgar, but again, the English language.

AHAHAA! That's funny! That'd be a great game for TS2! We had a game slightly reminiscent of that, called "Butts-Up" but it was played with a tennis ball. If you dropped the ball, you had to run and touch the wall before somebody else retrieved the tennis ball and hit you with it. If they hit you, you got a letter. First A... then a couple of Ss... If you got three letters/outs, you had to put your hands on the wall and everybody got to throw the tennis ball and hit you in the rear.

Quote:
I feel like The Sims 2 is quite inclusive in general, so I don't think there'd be a club just for minorities.

Errrr... that's not what a Glee Club is (supposed to be). A glee club is like, a choir. A great big chorus. I guess something got lost in translation. =)

Thanks for explaining!

-gE
>=)

This Workshop is part 1, on Creating New Accessories! Part 2 will be May 25. Join Now, and start creating!
Forum Resident
#14583 Old Yesterday at 9:13 PM
Errrr... that's not what a Glee Club is (supposed to be). A glee club is like, a choir. A great big chorus. I guess something got lost in translation. =)

Oh nothing got lost, I was just talking about the greatest line ever spoken in the greatest television series ever produced.
Instructor
#14584 Old Today at 12:30 AM

I played that too, we would call it "turn the butt" (in more crass language than that, mind you). Someone goes in goal, the others try to score 5 goals with the rule that they only touch the ball once, so you have to shoot or pass it first time, no controlling the ball. If the goalkeeper saves it or you miss - you go in goal and the goal counter resets. There were some additional rules depending on how you scored the goal, for example if you scored a backheel that would count for 3 goals, if you scored with your butt that would be 5. When the goal counter reaches 5, you bend over and the others try to hit your butt from the penalty spot, one time each. If you're the last in line and you miss the target, you go in goal next. If someone hits the butt, everyone gets an additional round of kicks. What a throwback, I haven't played that in ages.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Forum Resident
#14585 Old Today at 1:46 AM
Oh nothing got lost, I was just talking about the greatest line ever spoken in the greatest television series ever produced.

huh... must've gone right over my head then. Strange, since I've seen every episode of All in the Family MULTIPLE times.

-gE
>=)

Field Researcher
#14586 Unread Today at 7:09 PM
Never checked if it was a thing in the game...does uni cook come and go out of the same way if you put uni stove on community lot? This SKINNY DIPPING mod gave me an idea for FROM - TO time period when sims can interact and/or socialize and be served (food, drink, massage,...) during certain time hours on community lots. What do you think simmers?

https://picknmixsims.tumblr.com/pos...mibextid=NOb6eG
Page 584 of 584