Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gardener Service - v2.3 (4th May 2014)

by douglasveiga Posted 3rd Nov 2011 at 8:14 AM - Updated 4th May 2014 at 11:25 PM by douglasveiga

736 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 448 Feedback Posts, 287 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 30
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#101 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 11:53 AM
douglasveiga: This mod seems to leave corrupt service data in the savegame when you uninstall the mod. An uninstall interaction is in order, methinks.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Inventor
Original Poster
#102 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
douglasveiga: This mod seems to leave corrupt service data in the savegame when you uninstall the mod. An uninstall interaction is in order, methinks.

i am already working on it, will be available soon.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#103 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 1:36 PM
This is great but unfortunately, in my game, after 2 Sims days both my gardener and cleaning lady disappeared !!! Anybody encountered the same ?
Inventor
Original Poster
#104 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 2:23 PM Last edited by douglasveiga : 7th Nov 2011 at 5:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by annejline
This is great but unfortunately, in my game, after 2 Sims days both my gardener and cleaning lady disappeared !!! Anybody encountered the same ?

if the Gardener stooped working after some Sim days, download the New Version v1.12 and use the "Cancel Service", and then "Request Service". , to correct this issue
Top Secret Researcher
#105 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
i am already working on it, will be available soon.

I would suggest also updating your Dancer mod with the same uninstall capability, once you have it written.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#106 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 7:25 AM
twallan, does ErrorTrap clean up corrupt service data as well or only the Register mod?

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Inventor
#107 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 7:52 AM
Buzzler: Twallan is planning to include a cleanup in Overwatch soon. ATM it's just Register
Test Subject
#108 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 1:09 PM
Hi @douglasveiga,
In case you would like to add Polish Strings to it, here they are:
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#109 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 1:43 PM
This is perfect! I have a black thumb IRL, so I'm not at all amorous of the gardening tasks. This will make my Sims' lives that much more rich. Thank you!!
Inventor
Original Poster
#110 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hotroxy777
Hi @douglasveiga,
In case you would like to add Polish Strings to it, here they are:

hotroxy777, thank you very muchh!

in the next Ogrodinik (that's Fun ) update, i will release with your translation.

actually, did you find any problem while translating? because i don't speak English, so i don't know if the original english strings were correct...

Other question: the polish language use the Adjective before or after the Substantive?

ex: "3 Great Apple" or "3 Apple Great"?

that's the "{0.String} {1.String}" line.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#111 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 8:02 PM
I think the English strings are fine (in my opinion ) I had no problems with understanding your English and with further translation into Polish at all.
Don't worry my English isn't perfect either, even my Polish isn't perfect
Your second question just wasted me :D
but if I understood you correctly the answer is (i think ) for example "3 Great Apple's"
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#112 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 8:04 PM
This is awesome ,thank you
Inventor
Original Poster
#113 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hotroxy777
I think the English strings are fine (in my opinion ) I had no problems with understanding your English and with further translation into Polish at all.
Don't worry my English isn't perfect either, even my Polish isn't perfect
Your second question just wasted me :D
but if I understood you correctly the answer is (i think ) for example "3 Great Apple's"

no, i want to know if Polish Language (structural grammar) use the position of the Adjective is before or after Substantive?

i need to know to adjust it in the NPC post-harvest List.

ex: some languages use "3 Great Apple(s)", others "3 Apple(s) Great".

:D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#114 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 4:29 AM
omg about time
Test Subject
#115 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 9:19 AM
The mod is working fine, but there are some issues:

1) I get a notification from another gardener besides mine saying added this and that to the fridge, but it is not my gardener (cancelled mine -uninstalled mod - reinstalled mod - but same thing happens
2) The gardener doesn't fertilize the plants all at once or is that the intention ?

Thanks for your time
Test Subject
#116 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 12:03 PM
[QUOTE=pcsbvba]The mod is working fine, but there are some issues:

1) I get a notification from another gardener besides mine saying added this and that to the fridge, but it is not my gardener

yes! same here...but it's not a big deal for me actually coz i find it interesting & funny at some part. This is my experimental= I play with family A, call the gardener, then using magic gnome (set faster), the gardener come@harvest bla bla bla u know the rest...after that.. using Nrass MC... evict this family A from those house, change household (call it family B), add some homeless sims in those empty house and (now they are family A) of course the gardener still come services this household. The funny part is, I use my family B to visit family A..open they refrigerator & still can take all the harvested item ha!ha!ha! I save $100 bill & space in refrige for family B...and again ha!ha!ha!..i feel like evil thou...o well..except, the notification still pop up like pcsbvba mention even if u change household..
Field Researcher
#117 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 4:47 PM
There's a problem with money trees. The gardener harvests them but the bags end up nowhere. I also get a completely blank notification when it happens.

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Test Subject
#118 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 4:52 PM
I installed the mod and put it inot my mods folder, but when i click on the sims cell phone the "call gardner" option does not appear nor does it appear in the call service log. Is there something wrong that i am doing please help!!
Inventor
Original Poster
#119 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alundra
There's a problem with money trees. The gardener harvests them but the bags end up nowhere. I also get a completely blank notification when it happens.

was solved in the last update v1.12.
Test Subject
#120 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pupylover127
I installed the mod and put it inot my mods folder, but when i click on the sims cell phone the "call gardner" option does not appear nor does it appear in the call service log. Is there something wrong that i am doing please help!!

Hello pupylover, you are to use a wall phone only for the mod to show up. Please reread overview. :D
Test Subject
#121 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rostella
[QUOTE=pcsbvba]The mod is working fine, but there are some issues:

1) I get a notification from another gardener besides mine saying added this and that to the fridge, but it is not my gardener

yes! same here...but it's not a big deal for me actually coz i find it interesting & funny at some part. This is my experimental= I play with family A, call the gardener, then using magic gnome (set faster), the gardener come@harvest bla bla bla u know the rest...after that.. using Nrass MC... evict this family A from those house, change household (call it family B), add some homeless sims in those empty house and (now they are family A) of course the gardener still come services this household. The funny part is, I use my family B to visit family A..open they refrigerator & still can take all the harvested item ha!ha!ha! I save $100 bill & space in refrige for family B...and again ha!ha!ha!..i feel like evil thou...o well..except, the notification still pop up like pcsbvba mention even if u change household..

Hello rostella, I have yet to get this mod to work for me but....are you saying that your magic garden gnome works with this mod in your game? Which would be SWEET. Just want to make sure I'm reading this correctly. Thanks bunches! :D
Inventor
Original Poster
#122 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mepour2
Hello pupylover, you are to use a wall phone only for the mod to show up. Please reread overview. :D

try this
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Gardener_service_NPC v.1.13.rar (35.9 KB, 12 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#123 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 9:21 PM
I think this is brilliant mod, and so far I'm loving it! I, too, am wondering if maybe you could make a mod for a cook? I'm enjoying Pets, and since my Sim doesn't have a time for a real job (selling vegetables and the spouse works) cooking is a chore.

Terrific mod!! I really do love it. (:
Forum Resident
#124 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 12:50 AM
Could you make a version that can use the cellphone? I don't usually add phones to my sims households because its easier to use their cellphone.

Life is moving too fast, I don't have the energy to keep up.
Test Subject
#125 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mepour2
[QUOTE=rostella]

Hello rostella, I have yet to get this mod to work for me but....are you saying that your magic garden gnome works with this mod in your game? Which would be SWEET. Just want to make sure I'm reading this correctly. Thanks bunches! :D

Yes! work just fine in my game so far....also mod from Treeag's 'Store All Fish and Harvestables', seem to work just fine for me
Page 5 of 30