Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 9:59 PM
Default Let me tell the story of my side of town...
So, let's get this thread started shall we?. This is my first post in this section and I thought that maybe I should tell you a little about my hood. Later on I will add some images of the hood, some of it's locations and let you meet some of the sims who live there. But everything have it's own time.

So, where do I start? Well, let's get far, far back to about 2008 when I started playing. The first game I bought was the "Double Deluxe" whit the base game, the Celebration SP and the Nightlife EP. I did plan to take my gaming in any specific direction and did pick out Veronaville randomly because I thought it looked good. One of the first things I did was to create a female adult sim and moved her into a house. Soon enough I did managed to get her a girlfriend and both of them (and the adopted daughter, now an adult) are still alive and kicking today. And yes, they are still adults. Some day I let them get old and grey but not today. At this point of time, I did not know anything about cheats, downloads or other stuff related to it but over time I have learned a whole lot and still are. Sadly enough, I did not know the "no-nos" either at the time so I have done some stupid things to my game. I fear the worst but so far, so good (famous last words). Anyway, I can say that my first periode of playing was some sort of trial and error and I remember it as quite a struggle. Downloading a mod that kicked that old mean Mrs Crumplebottom out made things a little bit easier but not much. But it's the main reason why I still playing the game.

Veronaville today: Well, let's say that there have been some major changes in my hood. Old Veronaville is no longer what it used to be. From start I did have a downtown area called "City" but soon enough I did add my own custom sub-hood named Bridgewater. It's not so much of a downtown even if there are some places to go but it's a place where many of my sims live. I would say: The most of them. Yes, there have been some changes. Over time I added more and more custom (and SP) content for my sims to use and more EP's means more things for them to do. I do not know how to describe my hood but on the surface it's quite boring. It's in the sub-hoods you find the interesting parts and you will notice this when you see my images.

My game-my rules! Yes, it's true and I'm not going to changes that. My game still do not have any real structure and I like that. I just play it random and like it. As mentioned earlier my first period was some kind of a struggle and one of the major problems was that my sims did not have much money. After lerning the cheats for this I took the decision that non of my sims should ever be poor again and that's the way it's going to stay. I have read some posts where players thinks different about their own sims but this is my game and my rules. End of story! So yeah, my sims are quite rich. This, on the other hand, does not mean that they are behaving like millionaires. They are all good people who takes care of their children, go to their jobs and "all of that jazz". I like to play my game as friendly as possible. OK, all of my sims do not like each other even tho they are nice but it's like real life. However, if I happen to see a fight, I can be 99 percent sure there is a townie involved. On the other hand, if I see some spontaneous Woo-Hoo in a photo both I can be 100 percent sure it's my sims. Make love not war you know. Death is not a big issue in my game. No one of my sim have ever died. OK two sims have died so far. The first one accidentally burned her self but I did not save that. The second one was a vampire I did sent outside during daytime because I wanted to try it out. I did not save that either so she's fine.

So, that was some sort of introduction to my hood. I hope You liked it. as I did mention right in the beginning, I will provide images but do not know when. Maybe I post something this weekend. Well, sooner or later I post something, that's for sure. See you around. Cheers!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
So, let's get this thread started shall we?. This is my first post in this section and I thought that maybe I should tell you a little about my hood. Later on I will add some images of the hood, some of it's locations and let you meet some of the sims who live there. But everything have it's own time.

So, where do I start? Well, let's get far, far back to about 2008 when I started playing. The first game I bought was the "Double Deluxe" whit the base game, the Celebration SP and the Nightlife EP. I did plan to take my gaming in any specific direction and did pick out Veronaville randomly because I thought it looked good. One of the first things I did was to create a female adult sim and moved her into a house. Soon enough I did managed to get her a girlfriend and both of them (and the adopted daughter, now an adult) are still alive and kicking today. And yes, they are still adults. Some day I let them get old and grey but not today. At this point of time, I did not know anything about cheats, downloads or other stuff related to it but over time I have learned a whole lot and still are. Sadly enough, I did not know the "no-nos" either at the time so I have done some stupid things to my game. I fear the worst but so far, so good (famous last words). Anyway, I can say that my first periode of playing was some sort of trial and error and I remember it as quite a struggle. Downloading a mod that kicked that old mean Mrs Crumplebottom out made things a little bit easier but not much. But it's the main reason why I still playing the game.

Veronaville today: Well, let's say that there have been some major changes in my hood. Old Veronaville is no longer what it used to be. From start I did have a downtown area called "City" but soon enough I did add my own custom sub-hood named Bridgewater. It's not so much of a downtown even if there are some places to go but it's a place where many of my sims live. I would say: The most of them. Yes, there have been some changes. Over time I added more and more custom (and SP) content for my sims to use and more EP's means more things for them to do. I do not know how to describe my hood but on the surface it's quite boring. It's in the sub-hoods you find the interesting parts and you will notice this when you see my images.

My game-my rules! Yes, it's true and I'm not going to changes that. My game still do not have any real structure and I like that. I just play it random and like it. As mentioned earlier my first period was some kind of a struggle and one of the major problems was that my sims did not have much money. After lerning the cheats for this I took the decision that non of my sims should ever be poor again and that's the way it's going to stay. I have read some posts where players thinks different about their own sims but this is my game and my rules. End of story! So yeah, my sims are quite rich. This, on the other hand, does not mean that they are behaving like millionaires. They are all good people who takes care of their children, go to their jobs and "all of that jazz". I like to play my game as friendly as possible. OK, all of my sims do not like each other even tho they are nice but it's like real life. However, if I happen to see a fight, I can be 99 percent sure there is a townie involved. On the other hand, if I see some spontaneous Woo-Hoo in a photo both I can be 100 percent sure it's my sims. Make love not war you know. Death is not a big issue in my game. No one of my sim have ever died. OK two sims have died so far. The first one accidentally burned her self but I did not save that. The second one was a vampire I did sent outside during daytime because I wanted to try it out. I did not save that either so she's fine.

So, that was some sort of introduction to my hood. I hope You liked it. as I did mention right in the beginning, I will provide images but do not know when. Maybe I post something this weekend. Well, sooner or later I post something, that's for sure. See you around. Cheers!

I enjoyed reading your introductory post. I play in a similar fashion, I do have sims die, but not soon. Looking forward to more on your game.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Instructor
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 7:17 PM
Ahh! A game without structure-sounds rather intriguing, in my opinion. In contrast, my game is rather structured, so I'm interested to observe the implementation of such a playstyle. I would certainly like to see more posts regarding your hood. Thanks for posting !

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 6:48 PM Last edited by Mrmo : 2nd Jul 2018 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Spoilers removed
OK, I'm back. Thanks for the replys, it's nice to see that you find my thread interesting.

So, let's start whit some "panorama shots" I did today. They show overwievs over my two downtowns, City and Bridgewater. Flikr can be troublesome frome time to time but then you have to come back later.

Bridgewater 1

Bridgewater 2. As you can see, there is a lot of "simming" going on.

City 1

City 2. As you see, there are some familys living here too.

Talking about familys, here are my "alfa sims", the Turners. Belsy (left) is my first created sim (YAY!) and by now she is a Rock God. Pamela (X-townie) is a Business Tycoon. Non of them have changed much through the years.

Bella, the daughter. I did forget what classes she takes at the Uni. Sorry .

So, that was that for the moment. Next time I will show you some of the community lots (the one I have created that is...).
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 9:18 PM
Your Two Downtowns look nice, good pictures of them.

I like the look of Belsy and Pamela Turner

Is Bella, the daughter adopted or not?

Looking forward to more.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Link Ninja
#6 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 9:29 PM
Does Bella often clean in a wedding veil? lol!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 9:54 PM
lordtyger9: Yes, Bella is adopted. It was a long time ago but it must be like that.

Charmful: It's just a coincidence. She had the same hair as teenager and she did get the veil when she grow up. But I do make all of my students clean up from time to time because non of the (unplayable) dormies does it.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
lordtyger9: Yes, Bella is adopted. It was a long time ago but it must be like that.

Charmful: It's just a coincidence. She had the same hair as teenager and she did get the veil when she grow up. But I do make all of my students clean up from time to time because non of the (unplayable) dormies does it.

There is a mod or two that allows reproduction with two of the same gender and a couple of cheat objects as well, so it could have been other wise. :-) So I decided to ask, because I was curious.

I have one female Alien sim that is a product of two female sims, one of them Stella Terrano.

Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 7:47 PM Last edited by Mrmo : 2nd Jul 2018 at 9:59 PM. Reason: Spoilers removed
So, I'm back! This time I post images of two "nightclubs" that I have built myself. Maybe not the best you have seen but I think they are okey. I'm going to make this a "double post". First I post one buildinge here and then the other in a separate post. Otherwiese it will be a very long post. The images are big so I use spoilers.

Anyway, please enjoy "Club Tropicana" from "City".

outside/front wiev.

First floor. Not many sims use the room whit the karaoke machine. Don't know why.

Next floor. Bar and toilets.

Third floor. Having a restaurant here are not exactly spot on but it works quite well. Most of the time.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 8:02 PM Last edited by Mrmo : 2nd Jul 2018 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Spoilers removed
OK, next up is "La discoteca" from "Bridgewater". It was the first "nightclub" I created. And yes, it has the same base as "Club Tropicana". (lolz)

Outside/front wiev. The roof may not be spot on but it works.

First floor. The bar use to be quite crowded after a while.

To tired to dance? No problem. Sit down and relax. Maybe a cup of espresso will help.

Top floor whit a karaoke bar. I did rebuild this before taking the screen shot. I hope it works better now. The machine was on a stage before and my sims refused to leave it.

That's all for today folks. Next time I think I will show you some OFB restaurants. Bacause, we all have to eat don't we? Maybe I use live mode for the shots. Yes, I think it's time for some of my sims to show up. OK, see you later!
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 10:00 AM
@Mrmo your Night clubs look like they based on one of the Town Houses in Downtown.

They look good I think.

I think that using the design for a night club is a good idea.

Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 5:31 PM
Thank you for finding the idea good. Yes, it's a lot from downtown. Sims Wikia list it as "35 King Street" (cost ยง41,652) https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.ne...=20121021085420 .Some of my own builds are quite boring on the outside but I try to decorate them as good as I can.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 6:23 PM Last edited by Mrmo : 2nd Jul 2018 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Mia is not a townie.
Hi again.

I did promis you images. Images of sims and some locations. So here we go again. I do 4 separate posts on this one. So please enjoy!

First out we have a location called "Imbiss Ecke" (It's german and I think it will translate to "snack corner" in english). It's a 10 score location runned by mr Ivan Mirof who took over from his wife Asta (x-maid) when she got pregnant. Fun facts: the daughter (of Ivan) Tatjana also works in a little restaurant. I will show that one to you soon. The family lives in a house next to the restaurant.

We don't use to open on saturdays but this time is okey.

Therese Sinclair. Waitress.

Carl Brunner. Host.

Mia Rudengren. Chef .

Restaurant overwiev.

Ivan Mirof. The owner (and chef).
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 6:36 PM Last edited by Mrmo : 2nd Jul 2018 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Spoilers removed
So, let's take a look at the next one. As I did mention, there are more family members in the culinary bussines. Welcome to "Lauras Diner". A 1 score restaurant.

And here we are. My try of an US "Diner".

Tatjana Mirof. Hostess.

Veronica Viik. Waitress.

Overwiev. Not many guests today.

Lexi McGregor. Owner, chef.
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 6:55 PM Last edited by Mrmo : 2nd Jul 2018 at 10:08 PM.
Next up is something special. Some of you may not like this but if anything related to the topic "trans" is not your cup of tea please be so kind and keep your hate to you. This is my game and my thread. Thank you.

Anyway, this is a location of it's own kind. A quick look through the door would make you think that the staff is female only but you will discover that there are NO females in the staff. All of them are infact men. This is the "Club Pink Lady". A 3 score restaurant.

[/spoiler]
Welcome. We will open soon.

Shady Raspurtina. Waiter

Cassandra Idol. Host.

Diana Martinez. Owner, chef.

Overwiev. As the day went by more costumers came in.
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 7:26 PM Last edited by Mrmo : 3rd Jul 2018 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Spoilers removed
Still hungry huh?! Oh my. Well, let's go to the "Restaurant Gothica" then. It's a 7 score restaurant. Now, I'm quite nervous about this because I really do not know so mush about the "Goth" style in general. I just tried it and ended up whit something I could live whit. Anyway, here are some images. Please enjoy. This is the last ones for tonight.

And we are here.

Restaurant overwiev.

Marlene Wolf. Owner, bartender.

Madam Zelda Oz. Hostess.

Mizty Hard. Waitress. I did create her and put her in the Crime career track but did change it. Fun facts: Today she droped the food over the same girl twice.

Furries? Oh yes. Say "Hi" to Cheerilee Foxynoir. Chef.

Cruella Danita. Waitress.

So, that all folks. See you later for some more images. So long...
Instructor
#17 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 2:28 AM
Oh my goodness! What a beautiful restaurant (and owner)! How long did it take to build?

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Link Ninja
#18 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 5:19 AM
A very alternative dining option! So the hair decoration/style is a part of the uniform?

Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 9:24 AM
Emperor Crat: Which one of the restautants do you think of. In general, when I build most if the time is spent on getting the right ideas. But when that's done the build don't take so long. Just a few houers.

Charmful: There is some sort of a bug in OBF so the uniforms do not work very well. This means that I had to make all of my umployees wear the same clothes to work and home. Whit the same hair style and all.
Link Ninja
#20 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 3:46 PM
I see. I never used uniforms for my businesses. I heard about the face glitch associated with it though and there has yet to be a mod to fix it :/

Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 3:09 AM
Oh My I love all of your eating places, they are all very well laid out and I like all of the various employes and how they are dressed.

I have ran into the OFB bug with the Uniform thing. Now days I use an object MOD from MATY called clothingtool that allows one to change a Sim's clothing, as long as they are selected. I use Merola64's MindControlMirror that I got here on MTS to select whatever Sim I want and then I use MATY's clothingtool mod to change their clothes. Works great for me.

Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 10:37 PM
I'm glad to get replys like that because then I know I do someting right. I can just speak for myself but I would go to all of this places to eat. I got some more restaurants in my hood to show you but they are not OFB's. And some other places, some owned by sims and some by the city. If you want to see them, that is. As I did try to tell you before, I just want to try things out. Some times I just get an idea and makes the best I can out of it. Some times I win, some times I lose. But if I fail, I can always tear it down and start over.
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 7:03 PM
I just noticed that this thread had passed 1K views. Yay! If I have the time, there will be some updates by next week. Have a nice weekend all!
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 5:29 PM
I do have some time now so I post some images. I think I will skip the spoilers this time. If you want me to remove the spoilers from my other posts, please let me know in the comments and I will fix it when I got the time.

Anyway, where did we stop last time? Oh yes I know. We did visit a lot of restaurants did'nt we? Oh yes, we did. After so much food I think it is a good idea to do some exercise so we don't put on weight. So let's hit the gym! Let's go "Downtown".

And here we have it. Been her before? Yes. it's the "Maple springs pool and spa" remodeled. I did find it quite booring as it was and now it goes under the name of "InterCity Gym".

2:nd floor of the main building whit quite a few machines.

First floor whit a small gym, lockerrooms and hallway.

I did not have any good plans so this is just a rest area.

I let Hunka rent some space to show their latest model. No worries, it's just an object, it's not driveable. And how did the car get in there? *Snaps fingers* I have no idea. It's magic...(Lolz)

And if you do want to go to Bridgewater there is a gym there too. Here we have the "Gym Hard Body".

Outside view. Another of my "standard buildings" I use for many types of builds.

Overview. Seems to be well equipment.

From the other side. The red and the yellow area on the sides of the front door is some sort of light boxes that changes light. I do not remember how I did that.

So, that's all folks. I do not know what I should show you next time and when it would be but I'm sure I find something. See you later...!
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 3:57 PM
Nice buildings. It looks like you like creating Gyms

Page 1 of 4