Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 8:18 AM Last edited by yavannatw : 13th Jul 2020 at 7:32 AM.
Default Window on CFE wall (Sims 2)
I lowered the wall at the top of a building to look more like house I was copying from. However the window creates a hole. Sometimes it appears ok (see first pic) and I don't mind the top edge, but most of the time it's a big hole underneath (see second pic). Is there any way to stop this happening?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#2 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
I lowered the wall at the top of a building to look more like house I was copying from. However the window creates a hole. Sometimes it appears ok (see first pic) and I don't mind the top edge, but most of the time it's a big hole underneath (see second pic). Is there any way to stop this happening?

Not sure if it is the same in Sims2 as Sims3 but in Sims3 this sometimes happens when placing an object. The object(such as a window) is at different level and does not look correct. The usual fix I use for this in sims3 is to grab the object and move it around in that area until it sits at the proper level and appears correct.
dodgy builder
#3 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 9:24 AM
It's glitching because it's straight on the cfe border I believe? You could try'n put the cfe border somewhere else.

I would put the top of the wall below under the window and make sure it's straight.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 8:43 AM
Sorry, I don't quite understand. What do you mean by cfe border? And I don't know what is meant by putting the top of the wall below under the window.
Alchemist
#5 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 9:53 AM
First, a question; Is it a loft-, or regular-height window?
Secondly; it would be very useful to paint the levels with different colours, or even leave them blank. That way we can see the 'cfe borders'

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#6 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 2:03 AM
Hi, sorry for delay in response. I only load the game about once a week.
I've attached a pic with CFE wall coloured red and a normal wall in blue for comparison with the same window.
Screenshots
dodgy builder
#7 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 3:45 AM
Hm ... it looks like you have stumbled on a bug. I don't know enough about TS2 to know what to do about it. Could you try'n lower the window so it at least doesn't clip at the top? otherwise you will have to lift the wall I believe. Making cfe roofs arn't my thing. Modern buildings doesn't bother with roofs. Bravo is better at that I think. I hope someone can help you on the bug.
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#8 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 10:29 AM
I think if you want to place a window there it has to fit within the frame of your CFE wall. You could raise the CFE wall slightly or choose another window that fits within the framing of the current wall if there is any. You could attempt this to see if this is source of your problem.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
I think if you want to place a window there it has to fit within the frame of your CFE wall. You could raise the CFE wall slightly or choose another window that fits within the framing of the current wall if there is any. You could attempt this to see if this is source of your problem.

That's what I was afraid of. It's a pity we can't lower windows on Sims 2. I can try to find an alternative, otherwise fiddle about making the wall slightly higher.

Thanks for your input.
dodgy builder
#10 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 12:38 PM
That's what I was afraid of. It's a pity we can't lower windows on Sims 2. I can try to find an alternative, otherwise fiddle about making the wall slightly higher.

Thanks for your input.

You can't? That is a pity. It's very handy in TS4. We can also resize things, even though I don't do it that often.
Alchemist
#11 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 7:09 PM
I hope it's clear what I mean, I did it on the fly (It's a true PITA to play TS due to my pc's poor perfomance),
but this solution may work.
Screenshots

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#12 Old 26th Jul 2020 at 10:25 AM
I've just been experimenting with this issue in TS2 and have found that the window opening in the wall stays where it should so long as the height of the wall remains above the window opening. But then if you reload the lot then the window opening disappears altogether and you just see the window frame poking out from within the wall if the wall height has been adjusted with CFE.
So if you can't adjust the height of the wall with the window in successfully have you considered raising the height of the parapet to bring it up into proportion instead?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 11:10 AM
It would be great if the window was a little smaller. I think I'll just bring the wall up a fraction. I just haven't got around to it, not having played for a while.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 2:41 AM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 11th Aug 2020 at 3:25 PM.
This is what Numenor's unlevel wall #90 is good for...

ETA: I just found this question you had a while ago:
...Is there a way I can place doors going out from the ground level without it being "blocked in"?...

...and the answer is the same - Numenor's Wall.
Turn on the CFE cheat
Delete the wall section where you want the door to go PLUS 1-T on either side of it
Replace that with Numenor's wall
Go up a level on your building - level out the floor (it will have warped)
Turn off CFE
Doors/windows/whatever should place normally on that section - and, with Numenor's wall, you won't have 'wonky wall' bits distorting either side of the doorway.

I did a tutorial on Building TS2 Split-Levels - It might help?

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths