Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 12:23 AM
Default Coronavirusville?
That's my nickname for the world I've started working on since the whole covid thing hit and I've been unemployed. Le sigh. Anyone else coping with the stress by world building?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 3:07 AM
Are people disagreeing with the nickname that a builder gave their own world? That seems silly to me.
Sorry to hear about your job Crashley, that sucks.
I am finding it difficult to build because of the funk I find myself in during the pandemic. I thought the extra time would make me more productive, but instead I feel restless and find it difficult to focus. It seems builders are going one of two ways, super productive, or not productive at all. Corona- the gift that keeps on giving.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Aug 2020 at 5:42 AM
I haven't been firing up TS2 as much for a while lately (just kind of in a slump), but when I have, I've been working on trying to put some of my buildings together as an actual usable city, and kind of modeling it so that it'd be a place I'd actually like to live in (in large part since lots of different aspects of RL are definitely not shaping up that way lately)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Are people disagreeing with the nickname that a builder gave their own world? That seems silly to me.
Sorry to hear about your job Crashley, that sucks.
I am finding it difficult to build because of the funk I find myself in during the pandemic. I thought the extra time would make me more productive, but instead I feel restless and find it difficult to focus. It seems builders are going one of two ways, super productive, or not productive at all. Corona- the gift that keeps on giving.

===
Agree about the disagreer, but I'm actually playing (especially building) more than ever. I guess in your hood everyone gets a "prisoner token", and there are some kind of Sim-creature (werewolf?) that sneaks around infecting people, and you have mods (like I do) that make disease worse, and kill suddenly. Yes, morbid -- play with it! That can actually be mentally healthy.
PS: and things WILL return to normal. People have lost jobs, and businesses; but things will surge back. Trust me, I'm psychic...

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Theorist
#5 Old 12th Oct 2020 at 6:07 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 12th Oct 2020 at 6:22 AM.
Oh. Sorry to see you lost your job (me too, so I feel your pain).
I like attuned positive thinking, but Covid will remain in our hearts as great disaster. I feel the pain when think of that. But. Not only positive thing were made painters to draw their masterpieces. Try to feel yourself a painter and if you feel the pain, do spread it on canvas of Sims. I see it's better for sims 2 rather then sims 3 that's very open.. No phones in houses if it's Sims 2 and no gadget stalls. Yeah. The main idea could be huge distances between houses.

Covid-19 seems like something from sci-fi. Maybe you could make it covid-19 colony ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 7:41 AM
I think we can all agree that 2020 is a terrible year. I'm ready for it to be over.
Theorist
#7 Old 18th May 2021 at 10:38 AM
Guys how is it going? Does anybody started this project? We could make this community project I think. I lost two of my relatives deceased by Covid. Maybe we could make this project to live just as regards to those who lost their battle agains this disease.

If you weren't make it too far, I have few suggestions for start:

- I think that better to make it in Sims 2. Just because Sims 2 has NO open world, it's easier to have sims locked in houses.
- This could be a community project. I mean that anyone who wants can take part. The goal would be neighborhood with houses and sims made by different players. I am very excited to see what you have.
- I don't know about neighborhhod requirements. They could depend on those players who take part. We can make it base game only as well as UC-suitable.
- the only CC that necessary are FACE MASKS! Any kind of them you will find. Medic, coloured, painted, with crystals.... Any! No other kind of CC should be shared with neighborhood. SO if you use any CAS unlocks, debug objects or sliders, be sure they're no need to be shared.
- No Covid or Coronavirus in any words or stories inside the town. That really hurts (at least me, who had passed those disease) Better to find another plot and desease name that would make all sims wearing face masks.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.