Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Oct 2020 at 8:08 PM
Default That One #&@%ing Project
As I once again have returned to an ancient project only to once again get fed up with it after only a few minutes work, it made me wonder what other projects people have that have become "that one damn project" that you know is good enough to finish, but you can't bring yourself to actually enjoy working on.

For me, it's a two-lot iteration of the S.H.I.E.L.D. Triskelion from The Winter Soldier that I've been working on for years now... I have the exterior finished and I've been happy with that for a long time, but can't find a way of laying out or furnishing the interior that actually matches with my idea of the building from the film, or the type of building that would actually be fun to play in TS2.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 10th Oct 2020 at 10:32 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 10th Oct 2020 at 10:48 AM. Reason: added more info
Guess you need to find something from office theme for furnishing. Think you'll need a lot of funiture made from metal and maybe chromium to keep whole interior look monochrome.

Just something that you'll find helpful maybe:
Kitchen counters from Uni
Metallic Apple sculpture
Servo building machinery from OFB
Plain and black wall covering
Death Phone from Free Time as something to replace big skill skulpture at lobby (can it really be placed on community lots, huh?)
Most of interior items from Curious' house in Strangetown

I know about your another project that's university where this https://modthesims.info/d/596838/fe...ooms-no-cc.html house is from. Just by way, really curious how is it going? ^_^
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 6:30 PM
This is where it stands currently- exterior is more or less finished, and then the interior is more or less empty (the garage doors open onto a loading bay, and that's really the only interior space I'm happy with.) The images you posted are a good representation of what I'm going for, it's just not a style that seems to carry across in TS2 as well as most others have.

As far as the university project, that's still gradually making progress, I'm not "stuck" on it like I am with the Triskelion, it's just a massive project so it takes a tremendous amount of time, and my motivation in general has been considerably lower the last few months... :/
Screenshots

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Theorist
#4 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 1:48 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 18th Oct 2020 at 2:48 PM.
Not so complicated actually. Some things you just can't make with EA stuff. So your task is to make inviroment that similar. I think.
I tried to do something that follows. Uuuugh. Creepy quality ^__^
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 2:41 AM
I have no real interest in uploading sims, but I made a series of five sim brothers, with the idea of uploading a lot for each of them. The first three lots practically built themselves. The final two have been started more times than I can count. I have ideas for them, I have inspirational pictures I've collected. Yet every time I start, well, I just hate them. I cannot seem to translate what is in my head to the game. I uploaded those brothers five years ago, and the upload says the lots are coming soon.... yeah maybe I should change that.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#6 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 2:13 PM
Not an old project but one that is a work in progress that took considerable time getting the roofline of a castle and the routing to look decent and work correctly(still needs a lot of work and wiping out some more floating tiles obviously).
Screenshots