Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Multi-Sims2Pack Installer

by Tashiketh Posted 12th Jan 2005 at 1:00 AM - Updated 6th Oct 2022 at 10:38 AM by Tashiketh

Closed Thread Locked by: Delphy Reason: Outdated program - no more support will be given
160 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 152 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 7
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 7:52 AM
It can also install multiples skins.
http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/
And please have a look at the FAQ. Thank you.
Scholar
#102 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 11:22 AM
i'll take a look at it than
Scholar
#103 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 11:56 AM
well you still have to click each pack file to install it but it installs them quicker than the games installer.
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 2:16 PM
No you don't have to install one by one. In your explorer you higlight how many you whish to install and then you right click and select "install all".
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 3:20 AM
This is such a lifesaver, thank you!
Field Researcher
#106 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 7:33 AM
Thank you For all my uninstalling and finding bad content, this should help me put the pieces back together smoothly and efficiently
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 11:21 AM
I've been using this program for months, but it's stopped working. I just get "Run-time error 75: Path/File acess error". Does anyone know why this happens? I really like this program and.... I miss it!
#108 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 3:27 AM
Sounds like maybe you moved some files around and have to tell it where to go again because it's saying that the directory it's pointing to, either to install, or where the sims2packs are, or both, isn't there.
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 6:37 PM
[/Quote]First, you'll need the Visual Basic 6 runtimes if you don't already have them. They can be gotten from http://www.modthesims2.com/files/[/Quote]

The link is broken. I found this "Visual Basic 6.0 Run-time Files" at microsoft. Is it the same thing? Thanks.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#110 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 1:08 PM
Yeah it's the same thing
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#111 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 12:51 AM
This is AWESOME! I tend to download like mad for about a month, and then eventually go, "Y'know... I've got 1500 files I should install" and then it takes me half an hour just to click through all the files... I'm downloading now, can't wait to try it! Thanks!
Test Subject
#112 Old 8th May 2005 at 12:28 PM Last edited by sorpo : 9th May 2005 at 9:34 PM.
Update:
Since I have found out how to install multiple .sims2pack files with sims2pack clean installer,
my post is more about the problem i have encountered with multi-sims2pack installer.
I think it's good to let the others know,
so they are aware of it before they delete their .sims2pack files.

The program (multi-sims2pack) have extracted/installed .sims2pack files into Downloads folder,
but the objects in the packages won't show up in the game.
So, I double-check the files with sims2clean pack installer,
and none of the extracted packages have previews showed up (with previews option checked),
and some become "empty packages".

So, I double check to see if the .sims2pack files are corrupted themselves.
But no, they aren't,
coz when i extract them with sims2clean pack installer,
they are extracted alright with previews,
and show up in game.

Maybe not everyone has the same problem. But be sure you double check the installed/extracted packages before you delete the sims2pack files.
#113 Old 12th May 2005 at 6:41 PM
I can not begin to Thank you enough.
This was So simple and Such a life saver
I too have that same affliction of EDD extreme case too
I had over 300 of these sitting in a folder that I just could not bring myself to click one at a time
I used this and wham I have them all in at once

Great Work!!!

I admit I felt a tad Dumb though I did not know they would unload into the same folder they were in and was roaming through my game looking for them thinking I had messed up and looked and there they were DUH
Now though they are sitting in the walls and floors folder
Again Thanks and if in fact this is usable with the Sims themselves that is another HUGE life saver
Off to read more pages here on the post to find out

THANKS
April
Test Subject
#114 Old 19th May 2005 at 5:49 PM
You are my hero! Thank you so much for creating this tool! :clap:
Test Subject
#115 Old 29th May 2005 at 1:29 PM
Default how to install sims2pack when EP is required
I do'nt have EP University.
A lot of skins and houses are created with EP. With the result that people only having SIM2, cannot install those for example sims.
Like Anna Karknakova, Demi Moore etc...
I get the message The package contains things created with EP and therefor you are not able to install any of them.

I tried MultiSimsextract.pack, and the package files i can install, but not the other files. How and where do I put those files like *.sims files????
Anyone.

I will not get EP University. I will wait for Nightlife, but I hate it that I cannot install the new created houses, skins etc..

Any one any Idea??

Thanks.
Test Subject
#116 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 1:22 PM
Just found this and I am delighted with it. Works just fine and is a big help. Thanks for your hard work.

miss marigold
Test Subject
#117 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 5:20 PM
Thanks, this will save a ton of time! :D
#118 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 11:46 PM Last edited by caraboo : 27th Jun 2005 at 11:47 PM. Reason: spelling
which file do the put the house package files into?
Test Subject
#119 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 2:59 AM
I am very new to the sims2 (a former TSO player) and I didn't even know I could find all this wonderful content for my game. ONly thing is, I have the same problem as meisje1972. Does that mean I cannot play with these wonderful objects until I get uni or nightlife??? Please help...I love the plumbing stuff soooo much
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 4:05 AM
Thank you soooo much for this tool! I have two folders filled with files I just wasn't ready to click one-at-a-time. Your a hero!
Instructor
#121 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 5:29 PM
Happy 4th Delphy and to Everyone,

Well I just tried this new tool and it is Marvelous. I had over 300 files to extract and had already done a few by hand, when I remembered your post on this. I set it up and it ran so fast, it was through before I got back from a pit stop. I manually deleted the sims2pack files myself this time because I had accumulated so many downloads, I wanted to make sure I didn't lose anything.

Are there any plans in the future to include a file cop as part of this program? I know that DatGen plans to have one eventually, but I think other improvements are queued ahead of this.

Wonderful, Wonderful Application - Thanks so very much,

HeartDeco
Test Subject
#122 Old 6th Jul 2005 at 10:37 AM
how come that in the screen shot there is an open butom part and in mine there isn't
#123 Old 7th Jul 2005 at 12:48 AM
Unsure what happened It worked great for a long time then the other day I tried to do a lot and yes l.ikely too many files at once and I think I broke it Now I get the runtime error thing :confused:

Adding runtime from above will let you know But just odd that this happened out of the blue??

Nope says runtime error 75 Path/File access error

So did I break it LOL

HUGS
April
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 7:58 AM
I wish I had seen this months ago.... This will really help me out. Thanks Delphy.

Is the glass half empty or half full? Who cares when the glass is broken.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#125 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 6:36 PM
aprilluv,

Sorry for missing your post - do you get that all the time now or just on particular packages?

If it's only on particular ones, can you send one to me to check?

Thanks
Delphy
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7