Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

HQ Texture Converter - version 2.7.0.0 - updated 2/14/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 23rd Nov 2018 at 8:35 PM - Updated 14th Feb 2023 at 5:12 PM by CmarNYC : New version upload

247 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 219 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 7 of 10
Test Subject
#151 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
As far as I know it should just skip objects and so on, so it should work. However, I haven't tested it on objects so I can't say for sure. Try it, but keep a backup of your saved games and your original mods, just in case.

I always backup my Mods in case anything goes wrong, Last time I converted some CC to HQ and Merged it but sadly my game didn't start for some reason until I removed the package from my Mod folder, I hope it wouldn't be the case this time, Thank you for your reply.
Test Subject
#152 Old 27th Feb 2020 at 6:58 PM
Well, I figured out why the game doesn't start up for some people, You 100% converted some Objects /Build CC to HQ by mistake and it became broken/corrupted (?) (All Objects/Build CC don't become corrupted/broken, Only some will) My game didn't start so I started checking my CC one by one and It was Objects that caused all the issue, If you try to open the package that's causing issue with S4Studio they will give an Error similar to this: http://prntscr.com/r7mepr
You have to delete that file and if you backed up your CC you can just replace it with the Non-HQ version that you had previously and it will work and if you didn't backup your files just delete the packages that are preventing the game from launching.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#153 Old 27th Feb 2020 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gauax
Well, I figured out why the game doesn't start up for some people, You 100% converted some Objects /Build CC to HQ by mistake and it became broken/corrupted (?) (All Objects/Build CC don't become corrupted/broken, Only some will) My game didn't start so I started checking my CC one by one and It was Objects that caused all the issue, If you try to open the package that's causing issue with S4Studio they will give an Error similar to this: http://prntscr.com/r7mepr
You have to delete that file and if you backed up your CC you can just replace it with the Non-HQ version that you had previously and it will work and if you didn't backup your files just delete the packages that are preventing the game from launching.

Thanks, I'll put that warning in the description.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#154 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 9:30 AM
Thanks, I'll put that warning in the description.

Hi there!

Sorry if this has been answered already, I've been debugging this for an hour and haven't had any luck. This converter doesn't seem to work, although Sims4Studio would lead me to believe it should.
When I run this (either single package or by folder), it does not successfully convert the textures.
I tested this by grabbing a simple .package of a non-HQ shirt. When I turn HQ switch on (I have to start it over again every time I open up the Sims but that's a different problem), the whole figure goes black.
After I convert, I move the original out of the mods folder. Now when I try to wear the shirt, the sim is completely beige.
Alf-si's site says this has something to do with the diffuse map. So I check Sims4Studio. The RLE2 images are correctly resized. There's no diffuse map that I can find, and the RLE2 and RLES files are the correct sizes (2048x4096 and 1024x2048) respectively.

Update: sometimes moving the *new* file (shirtHQ.package) out of the mods folder works, sometimes moving the original (shirt.package) works.

I've tried to replicate the specific bug but have been getting inconsistent results. Sometimes the models stay black, sometimes they're beige, sometimes they work, sometimes Sims4Studio matches the expected dimensions, sometimes it doesn't.

I probably had a mix of HQ and non-HQ CC when I converted the entire clothing folder the first time.

Any idea what's going on?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#155 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rxchristie
Hi there!

Sorry if this has been answered already, I've been debugging this for an hour and haven't had any luck. This converter doesn't seem to work, although Sims4Studio would lead me to believe it should.
When I run this (either single package or by folder), it does not successfully convert the textures.
I tested this by grabbing a simple .package of a non-HQ shirt. When I turn HQ switch on (I have to start it over again every time I open up the Sims but that's a different problem), the whole figure goes black.
After I convert, I move the original out of the mods folder. Now when I try to wear the shirt, the sim is completely beige.
Alf-si's site says this has something to do with the diffuse map. So I check Sims4Studio. The RLE2 images are correctly resized. There's no diffuse map that I can find, and the RLE2 and RLES files are the correct sizes (2048x4096 and 1024x2048) respectively.

Update: sometimes moving the *new* file (shirtHQ.package) out of the mods folder works, sometimes moving the original (shirt.package) works.

I've tried to replicate the specific bug but have been getting inconsistent results. Sometimes the models stay black, sometimes they're beige, sometimes they work, sometimes Sims4Studio matches the expected dimensions, sometimes it doesn't.

I probably had a mix of HQ and non-HQ CC when I converted the entire clothing folder the first time.

Any idea what's going on?

I need more details. By 'turn HQ switch on' do you mean changing the TS4 graphics settings to enable HQ? After you converted, did you remove the original package and replace it with the converted one, and that's when you got beige? Did it look like the skin texture on the whole sim?

Getting inconsistent results suggests you may have conflicting CC or didn't remove something you thought was gone. You could try removing all mods and CC except the HQ mod and your converted clothing for testing.

If none of that helps, please upload your original and converted packages.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#156 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 8:34 AM
If none of that helps, please upload your original and converted packages.

Alright, an update on my situation. I was able to get it to work, if I convert only non-HQ packages. It seems like if there is mixed-quality CC then something goes wrong. I plan on trying it again to see if the issue happens again sometime in the future, I'll let you know if I notice anything.

Thanks for this awesome tool!
Top Secret Researcher
#157 Old 11th May 2020 at 9:12 PM
Hey I am curious, can I use this on large files, such as merged ones? Like 2GB? Or will it break the program? I have 64 bit.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#158 Old 12th May 2020 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
Hey I am curious, can I use this on large files, such as merged ones? Like 2GB? Or will it break the program? I have 64 bit.

I'm not sure - I seem to remember converting one of the EA FullBuild package files at some point. It's worth a try!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#159 Old 15th May 2020 at 5:51 PM
Thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 6:34 PM
It makes my screen turn on and off all the time when the program is running. What should I do?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#161 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by collin2
It makes my screen turn on and off all the time when the program is running. What should I do?

That's because it's taking up resources and running for so long that the monitor tries to sleep. You don't need to do anything.

Lab Assistant
#162 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 2:38 AM
It took 2 and 1/2 days to convert all my files. But I think everything went well. Thanks for making it! How do I prevent the program to rename the files with the suffix "HQ"?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#163 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by collin2
It took 2 and 1/2 days to convert all my files. But I think everything went well. Thanks for making it! How do I prevent the program to rename the files with the suffix "HQ"?

You don't - that's just how it works when batch processing.

Test Subject
#164 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 2:30 PM
I've been using this tool for months and everything was great, but now I started to get one problem. When I try to convert new non-HQ CC, I get "index out of range" exception. It only happens to the new non-HQ CC, from the end of the last month or late, all from different creators. What do I do?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#165 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RegineK
I've been using this tool for months and everything was great, but now I started to get one problem. When I try to convert new non-HQ CC, I get "index out of range" exception. It only happens to the new non-HQ CC, from the end of the last month or late, all from different creators. What do I do?

Please link to a couple of examples of CC that gives this error.

Test Subject
#166 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 11:09 PM
Please link to a couple of examples of CC that gives this error.

this
this
and more, and I have never had troubles with their CC before and their earlier creations converted just fine.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#167 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 11:51 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 3rd Aug 2020 at 2:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by RegineK
this
this
and more, and I have never had troubles with their CC before and their earlier creations converted just fine.

Oops, I should have realized this is because the CASP resource format was changed in the knitting patch, which is why this is happening with new creations. I'll update the tool.

Edit: Version 2.4 uploaded.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#168 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 1:30 PM
Thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#169 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 3:13 PM
Thanks a lot for the update!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#170 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 3:33 PM
Very useful program. Thanks.
Test Subject
#171 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 2:30 PM
Will you be able to update the program to support LRLE files, now that the s4studio supports this files?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#172 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tzion2010
Will you be able to update the program to support LRLE files, now that the s4studio supports this files?

Yes, especially since I decoded LRLE in the first place. I got sick in the middle of developing working code for LRLE with tau534 who's an awesome programmer, so it's just taking me a while to work on my tools.

Test Subject
#173 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 10:32 PM
Hi, I have a question, if I convert a mod that also have a .ts4script in it (ex: basemental), will it broke the mod?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#174 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by superizky27
Hi, I have a question, if I convert a mod that also have a .ts4script in it (ex: basemental), will it broke the mod?

I don't know. You'd have to try it, just back up your game files.

Instructor
#175 Old 9th Feb 2021 at 1:52 PM
Yes, especially since I decoded LRLE in the first place. I got sick in the middle of developing working code for LRLE with tau534 who's an awesome programmer, so it's just taking me a while to work on my tools.

I was just about to ask the same question. I have a few new downloads which use the new LRLE's and the program does not convert them (to non hqp)
Thanks for letting us know that you have it planed.
Page 7 of 10