Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 4:17 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Sims3package
When I try to install lots and sims3packages to the sims3 game it doesnt work for some. So I used Tsr Launcher for a few weeks but now all of it sudden when i download the files and they open up in WinRAR I click them and nothing happens. I tried to uninstal tsr launcher and reinstalled but same thing happened so i won't be using that. Anyway just wondering if there is another programme that installs sims3packages to your game and that are easy to use like the tsr launcher.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 7:16 PM
Is this perhaps what you need? ---> http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=344611
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 1:05 AM
I have that already but it doesnt seem to install sims3packages
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 12:07 PM
I'm not very technical problem solving savvy. Is your game patched to the most recent patch? The last couple of times I've had game difficulties installing CC and having random game crashes and such, as soon as I'd give in and patch, all of a sudden everything worked again. Hopefully someone more familiar with this issue will see this post. In the meantime you could type your problem into a google search. You may find a group of others experiencing the same thing. Best of luck.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 8:50 PM
Are you sure, the ones that don't show up are compatible with your game version?
Are you sure you are looking in the right place for the content you have installed?
Have you tried 3Viewer?
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 11:16 PM
Yeah its all patched updated yesterday. And yeah ive tried that 3viewer but didnt understand how you could install simspackages with it wasnt very clear and the creator doesnt seem to have an update or anything, kinda put off with all the negative comments as well.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 11:19 PM
Ok, wait - are you trying to install Sims 3 Packages or Sims3Packs?

Either way, instructions on doing so are here: Game Help:TS3 Custom Contentwiki

If some of your content was working and some not, then that indicates that you were downloading content which is incompatible with your Sims 3 patch version, or was just downright broken.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 11:14 PM
Ahhh ok i tried to read that the other day but was getting to annoyed with the april fool medieval language lol.
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 8:18 AM
i have updated my game 1.11.6
the latest patch. so when i delete mods/packages folder, sims 3 is ok but when i do not delete mods/packages folder sims 3 graphics are awful
In the Arena
retired moderator
#10 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 4:31 PM
roseflower,
if you're seeking help, you need to start your own thread with all relevant info like patch version(s), game(s), system specs and all that you've tried to solve the problem.

littlesunshine123xx,
you clicked on the file from within a WinRAR window? or you extracted it to Desktop, first?
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 9:43 PM
From WinRAR window
In the Arena
retired moderator
#12 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 6:42 PM
You have to right-click on the downloaded .rar file and extract the contents to the Desktop first, and then cut+paste the extracted .package(s) file to your \Mods\Packages, as instructed in the wiki for .package files.