Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 Default Replacement Fixer - V3.0 10/12/2020, fixes default eyes, eyebrows, makeup, and skins broken by patches

by CmarNYC Posted 5th Jun 2020 at 7:14 PM - Updated 12th Oct 2020 at 11:02 PM by CmarNYC

265 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 214 Feedback Posts, 50 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 11
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#101 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 2:50 PM
Version 2 uploaded, support for texture-only defaults, eyebrows, and makeup.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#102 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 3:11 PM
Amazing! I've linked back to this post for everyone who has broken eyes. Just wondering if Aveira Sims #3 eyes have been done by anyone? I'm a mac user so I unfortunately cannot make use of this wonderful tool! If not that's okay
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#103 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by beachwee
Amazing! I've linked back to this post for everyone who has broken eyes. Just wondering if Aveira Sims #3 eyes have been done by anyone? I'm a mac user so I unfortunately cannot make use of this wonderful tool! If not that's okay

Here's a collection of fixed versions of eyes by creators who are no longer active: https://maxismatchccworld.tumblr.co...fixed-for-patch

I don't think the one you want is there, though. If the creator is active hopefully they'll fix them.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#104 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 3:44 PM
Oh you are right, I was sure I selected Override when I created the package, I must have made a mistake! I made a new package, and this time it works fine!

Thank you a lot, and and sorry for the inconvenience!
Test Subject
#105 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 4:02 PM
Hi. I deleted my first post because it was a Thanks post, and I wanted to post a feedback. So here it goes.
After following the steps, it says I did successfully save the file, I can see the edited package file in the my Mods when I open it with the program, but it's nothing there (or it's invisible), and doesn't show up in the game. This happened before when I tried to use other programs to edit or make package files. I can see them with the programs but never when I close the program, they simply are not there. When I reopen the program I can see the packages files again through it, but if I go directly to the Mods file, those packages files are never there. After trying to find some answers on the internet, which I couldn't find anyone with the same problem, I gave up on editing or making mods. Now I really want to recover my default eyes, because all my previous created sims seem to have brown game eyes. I'm a total noob on this, can you tell me if I need any sort of extra software or program to make it possible to actually solve this and be able to edit package files or make them, instead of making "ghost files"?
Thanks in advance.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#106 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shiyvah
Hi. I deleted my first post because it was a Thanks post, and I wanted to post a feedback. So here it goes.
After following the steps, it says I did successfully save the file, I can see the edited package file in the my Mods when I open it with the program, but it's nothing there (or it's invisible), and doesn't show up in the game. This happened before when I tried to use other programs to edit or make package files. I can see them with the programs but never when I close the program, they simply are not there. When I reopen the program I can see the packages files again through it, but if I go directly to the Mods file, those packages files are never there. After trying to find some answers on the internet, which I couldn't find anyone with the same problem, I gave up on editing or making mods. Now I really want to recover my default eyes, because all my previous created sims seem to have brown game eyes. I'm a total noob on this, can you tell me if I need any sort of extra software or program to make it possible to actually solve this and be able to edit package files or make them, instead of making "ghost files"?
Thanks in advance.

I'd like to help, but it sounds like you're having a problem seeing package files that's not related to this tool.

Could you explain what happens in more detail? Are you absolutely sure you're saving packages to the same folder where you're looking for them later? Do you see other packages in your Mods folder? Are you possibly not recognizing them because the '.package' extension isn't showing?

Maybe try creating an empty folder, use this or another tool to save a package in it, and see if it's there. If not, please post screen grabs of the screen showing the file name when you save with the tool, and of the folder with the path visible.

Test Subject
#107 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Do you mean one swatch disappeared? Or two swatches have the same color? Please upload the original and fixed packages.

Sorry if my explanation was hard to understand.
I mean that if you add two colors for the swatch preview thumbnail in S4S only the first color will be shown in game. The texture gets displayed correctly - only the preview thumbnail is wrong.

Like you can see in the screenshot swatch 2-6 have two colored swatch previews thumbnails in S4S.
In game the thumbnail is just completely blue or purple.

I'm not sure if it's an issue with the tool or an issue that came with the update and if can be fixed.

Here is the link to both files:
https://simfileshare.net/folder/101132/

I uploaded the mermaid eyes because they have the most two-colored options but the same thing happened with the pet eyes.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#108 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 5:41 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 8th Jun 2020 at 12:28 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simline44
Sorry if my explanation was hard to understand.
I mean that if you add two colors for the swatch preview thumbnail in S4S only the first color will be shown in game. The texture gets displayed correctly - only the preview thumbnail is wrong.

Like you can see in the screenshot swatch 2-6 have two colored swatch previews thumbnails in S4S.
In game the thumbnail is just completely blue or purple.

I'm not sure if it's an issue with the tool or an issue that came with the update and if can be fixed.

Here is the link to both files:
https://simfileshare.net/folder/101132/

I uploaded the mermaid eyes because they have the most two-colored options but the same thing happened with the pet eyes.

I don't think the game uses more than one color. It looks to me like the EA mermaid eyes use the variant thumbnail to link to a thumbnail that has the image that looks like an eye. I think what you'd have to do is make custom thumbnails, add the tgi of the thumb to the CASP TGI list, and set the VariantThumbnailKey to the index of the thumb in the tgi list. I was able to link up an EA thumb for one of your eye colors in s4pe. As far as I know there's no tool that makes this easy. Something to consider adding to CAS Tools!

Edit: S4S will import the thumbnail correctly. (Thanks, Menaceman!)

Btw, if you're okay with using the EA thumbs for your replacements, you could remove all the CASPs from your ORIGINAL package and run it through the tool. That will add new CASPs with the EA thumbs linked up.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#109 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 5:59 PM
I did have it initially. I took it out and they didn't work. I Downloaded your 2.0 Version and tried again and I was able to do so successfully. Thank you.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#110 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 6:38 PM
I want to truly send you my most sincere thanks for this tool, AND for the list of fixed default replacement eyes. THANK YOU!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#111 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 7:00 PM
worked perfectly on my default eyes and default makeup package. thanks!
Mad Poster
#112 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 8:38 PM
I don't think the game uses more than one color. It looks to me like the EA mermaid eyes use the variant thumbnail to link to a thumbnail that has the image that looks like an eye. I think what you'd have to do is make custom thumbnails, add the tgi of the thumb to the CASP TGI list, and set the VariantThumbnailKey to the index of the thumb in the tgi list. I was able to link up an EA thumb for one of your eye colors in s4pe. As far as I know there's no tool that makes this easy. Something to consider adding to CAS Tools!

Btw, if you're okay with using the EA thumbs for your replacements, you could remove all the CASPs from your ORIGINAL package and run it through the tool. That will add new CASPs with the EA thumbs linked up.

Actually S4Studio already has the ability to add in little swatch icons instead of just using the colour blocks. In the post with the picture explaining the issue above yours you can see next to the two swatch colour blocks of the selected swatch there is an empty box with an Import button next to it. Using that will add an image for the swatch instead of just a colour block. I used it on a pair of pj bottoms I made once.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#113 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 9:05 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 7th Jun 2020 at 11:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Actually S4Studio already has the ability to add in little swatch icons instead of just using the colour blocks. In the post with the picture explaining the issue above yours you can see next to the two swatch colour blocks of the selected swatch there is an empty box with an Import button next to it. Using that will add an image for the swatch instead of just a colour block. I used it on a pair of pj bottoms I made once.

The usual arrangement is a thumbnail with the same instance as the CASP, but it must import and link the secondary thumbnail for eyes. Thanks, I'll update my reply!

Test Subject
#114 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 10:40 PM
How do you use this
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#115 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmAm21996
How do you use this

Instructions are in the description. If you don't understand something, just ask.

Test Subject
#116 Old 8th Jun 2020 at 2:01 AM
Has anyone fixed the moonstone eyes by cheif whiskers?
Test Subject
#117 Old 8th Jun 2020 at 4:19 AM
Here's a collection of fixed versions of eyes by creators who are no longer active: https://maxismatchccworld.tumblr.co...fixed-for-patch

I don't think the one you want is there, though. If the creator is active hopefully they'll fix them.

Thanks! I saw that, unfortunately the creator retired from making/updating cc, so someone over on the sims subreddit ran the package file through your tool for me.
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#118 Old 8th Jun 2020 at 7:28 AM
Cool Thanks! It worked
Inventor
THANKS POST
#119 Old 8th Jun 2020 at 10:41 PM
The tool worked, thank you.
I have an observation, which may or may not be related to the use of the tool.
The anatomically correct default replacement skin that I use (the one that comes with Wicked Whims) showed no nipples when using CC tops both in CAS and in game.
Since that DR skin is part of WW, I cannot find it easily to check it.
What I did was add another DR skin, and this one showed correctly.
Maybe the old DR skin was affected by the patch?
Thank you.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#120 Old 8th Jun 2020 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RedMallie
The tool worked, thank you.
I have an observation, which may or may not be related to the use of the tool.
The anatomically correct default replacement skin that I use (the one that comes with Wicked Whims) showed no nipples when using CC tops both in CAS and in game.
Since that DR skin is part of WW, I cannot find it easily to check it.
What I did was add another DR skin, and this one showed correctly.
Maybe the old DR skin was affected by the patch?
Thank you.

I'm not familiar with it, but as long as it's default replacements of the skin colors it probably was broken by the patch.

Inventor
THANKS POST
#121 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 4:23 AM
Thank you. I keep thinking of that.
Test Subject
#122 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 7:18 AM
Does this fix the HQ textures Problem where all default makeup and eyebrows no longer working in HQ?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#123 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 11:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tzion2010
Does this fix the HQ textures Problem where all default makeup and eyebrows no longer working in HQ?

It'll fix default makeup and eyebrows, but I saw somewhere that HQ isn't working anymore. Don't know if it's true.

Test Subject
#124 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 11:47 AM
Hello Cmar!

I need your advice please, when i am in CUS everything is fine, my CC eyes work normally but when i return in life mode, eyes are like completely faded with some veil on it.

It all began with the eco life style update, i have checked all my CC and mods to avoid conflict so i don't think it is a conflict.

I use essentially Praline eyes and she has recently fixed her eyes but it doesn't work, it is the same issue for all my CC eyes from different cretors. What do you think about it ?

I have tried to use your fix but i have a message "0 default replacement updated" when i select my package to fix and "could not save package".

Sorry for this long meesage and thank you for helping us !!
Test Subject
#125 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 12:06 PM
It'll fix default makeup and eyebrows, but I saw somewhere that HQ isn't working anymore. Don't know if it's true.

HQ Texture Mod Does work, the only problem is the default eyebrows and makeup dont work in HQ. I'm trying to find a fix, but got nothing, can only use CC eyebrows and makeup in HQ.
Page 5 of 11