Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 Default Replacement Fixer - V3.0 10/12/2020, fixes default eyes, eyebrows, makeup, and skins broken by patches

by CmarNYC Posted 5th Jun 2020 at 7:14 PM - Updated 12th Oct 2020 at 11:02 PM by CmarNYC

265 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 214 Feedback Posts, 50 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 11
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#126 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tzion2010
HQ Texture Mod Does work, the only problem is the default eyebrows and makeup dont work in HQ. I'm trying to find a fix, but got nothing, can only use CC eyebrows and makeup in HQ.

Thanks, I'll take a look as well when I can.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#127 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cannabeuh
Hello Cmar!

I need your advice please, when i am in CUS everything is fine, my CC eyes work normally but when i return in life mode, eyes are like completely faded with some veil on it.

It all began with the eco life style update, i have checked all my CC and mods to avoid conflict so i don't think it is a conflict.

I use essentially Praline eyes and she has recently fixed her eyes but it doesn't work, it is the same issue for all my CC eyes from different cretors. What do you think about it ?

I have tried to use your fix but i have a message "0 default replacement updated" when i select my package to fix and "could not save package".

Sorry for this long meesage and thank you for helping us !!

Default eyes look fine in my game. Are these default replacement eyes? Please upload a picture of the problem in-game and a link to an eye package you're having the problem with.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#128 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Thanks, I'll take a look as well when I can.

Oh, please do. ♥ You'd do a favour to a ton of desperate HQ players right now, including myself ? I'd even pay for it. I just want my game working normally again :'D
It's not even about default replacements, just the simple base game textures such as all of make up, eyebrows and whatever else they changed that don't work in HQ anymore although the textures are there. Seems the game just can't find them anymore?
Well I'm not a coder, I don't know about this ?
Weird thing is, some of my saved sims work just fine and show up normal, while others turn into beige puddles when on HQ. They all use custom content though, nothing base game related.
Test Subject
#129 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 1:55 PM
Default eyes look fine in my game. Are these default replacement eyes? Please upload a picture of the problem in-game and a link to an eye package you're having the problem with.

I am not sure they are default replacement, I don’t think so.
All my cc eyes from ALL creators and on every sim I have do the same thing while playing: dull tints and white veil on it. I really don’t understand what happens. In the CUS, eyes work perfectly, that’s only when I return in life mod when I am playing that the matter occurs. I will take a picture to show you, thank you so much !
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#130 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yukovee
Oh, please do. ♥ You'd do a favour to a ton of desperate HQ players right now, including myself ? I'd even pay for it. I just want my game working normally again :'D
It's not even about default replacements, just the simple base game textures such as all of make up, eyebrows and whatever else they changed that don't work in HQ anymore although the textures are there. Seems the game just can't find them anymore?
Well I'm not a coder, I don't know about this ?
Weird thing is, some of my saved sims work just fine and show up normal, while others turn into beige puddles when on HQ. They all use custom content though, nothing base game related.

In HQ I'm getting sims wearing a skin suit, lol. No eyebrows, eyes are EA and won't change colors. I fixed the default replacements and it seems to make no difference. Looks like EA has changed something basic in the way textures are found and displayed and in HQ it seems to not be working the way it does in regular mode. I'll poke at it but who knows if there's a solution.

Could you upload a save game that includes one or two of your sims that are working normally? Open your saves folder and upload a .save file, probably the most recent.

Test Subject
#131 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 4:28 PM
In HQ I'm getting sims wearing a skin suit, lol. No eyebrows, eyes are EA and won't change colors. I fixed the default replacements and it seems to make no difference. Looks like EA has changed something basic in the way textures are found and displayed and in HQ it seems to not be working the way it does in regular mode. I'll poke at it but who knows if there's a solution.

Could you upload a save game that includes one or two of your sims that are working normally? Open your saves folder and upload a .save file, probably the most recent.

It's really just default makeup and eyebrows, if you use fixed defalut hq eye replacers with HQ CC eyebrows or makeup you wont see the skin suit. If you turn the default eybrows and makeup into HQ CC I think it will work.
Test Subject
#132 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 5:46 PM

Sure! Hope this helps, tell me if you need more information :]
here
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#133 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tzion2010
It's really just default makeup and eyebrows, if you use fixed defalut hq eye replacers with HQ CC eyebrows or makeup you wont see the skin suit. If you turn the default eybrows and makeup into HQ CC I think it will work.

I did that but still seeing skin. Possibly it depends on settings?

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#134 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 6:06 PM
Sure! Hope this helps, tell me if you need more information :]
here

Thanks! Which of the sims works okay?

Test Subject
#135 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 6:36 PM
Hi! I love your mod. I have a question. Will this fix pet default eyes as well? Thanks
Test Subject
#136 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 6:53 PM
Thanks! Which of the sims works okay?

Oh both of them work fine Was I supposed to put one not working in too as well?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#137 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 7:20 PM
Oh both of them work fine Was I supposed to put one not working in too as well?

The save game contains every sim in every game neighborhood. I need the names.

Test Subject
#138 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 7:35 PM
The save game contains every sim in every game neighborhood. I need the names.

Oh my, I'm sorry!
It's Jaxson Huerta and Zala Burakgazi!
Oh and if you got more questions and find it more convenient to chat over discord (won't bite and wont annoy you once this is done), you could add me via: vee | bad guy™#2910
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#139 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 8:00 PM
Oh my, I'm sorry!
It's Jaxson Huerta and Zala Burakgazi!
Oh and if you got more questions and find it more convenient to chat over discord (won't bite and wont annoy you once this is done), you could add me via: vee | bad guy™#2910

Thanks! I tried Discord at one point and couldn't get it to work right, probably because I wasn't very interested. If it looks like a small chat group would help we can work something out but at this point I just need some time to experiment and try to figure this out.

Test Subject
#140 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 8:13 PM
Default @ Cmar Pictures of my CC eyes problem
I am not sure they are default replacement, I don’t think so.
All my cc eyes from ALL creators and on every sim I have do the same thing while playing: dull tints and white veil on it. I really don’t understand what happens. In the CUS, eyes work perfectly, that’s only when I return in life mod when I am playing that the matter occurs. I will take a picture to show you, thank you so much !

Hello Cmar, this is what appears in my game, correct in the CUS and broken in life mode. I have made a complete repair of my game in Origin but it's always the same issue.
Thank you for your help !!
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#141 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 10:03 PM
Hello Cmar, this is what appears in my game, correct in the CUS and broken in life mode. I have made a complete repair of my game in Origin but it's always the same issue.

I can see it in CAS too, but very faintly. Have you tried testing with all mods and CC removed except the eyes? I'm thinking it could be a default skin or face overlay or something.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#142 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 4:25 AM
This truly helps. I use Noodle's clarity eye default and even though it says the eyes are custom, they still haven't changed. I hate the basic default eyes and since the update, the mod didn't work. Thank you so much for this fix. Before, I've tried waiting the 3+ Sim days and went into CAS but still didn't see any difference, even after editing. If I run into any issues (seeing how I haven't yet tested this fix) I will let you know. Much appreciation.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#143 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 12:54 PM
Worked great for my Aveira N3 default eyes ! Thank you
Test Subject
#144 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 1:31 PM
Default Hq Mod
Using the new eyebrow replacers from kijiko and conveting those to HQ helped with the eyebrows,Now about the makeup, I cant find a suitable fix, I looked ingame and found 5 default dark skins that dont work in HQ. Every other skin works.
Test Subject
#145 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 4:17 PM
Mmmh, so, I digged a futher more into it as far as my newb eyes can, and I found the diffuse map used by e.g. the new MAC lipsticks added with the patch, which ended up to be... not the usual RLE2 files, but an unknown resource for Sims 4 Studio and s4pe, so I guess we'd maybe just need to wait for them to update so we can actually get a hand on these new textures and convert them to be HQ compatible?
My tiny guess.
Either way, I'm trying to ditch that frustration now and will continue playing on non-hq for now, even if that hurts my soul :'D
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#146 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 7:18 PM
I've tried running in HQ with nothing in my Mods folder except HQ game textures, and I'm still getting the skin suit.

Could those of you who have tried running in HQ after the patch please give this information:

Operating system
Graphics card
Game graphics settings
Are clothing and hair textures working?
Are eye colors and eyebrows working?
Do you have default eyes, eyebrows, and/or makeup installed and if so, are they working?

Thanks!

Inventor
#147 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 7:51 PM

Hello! Hope you don't mind my commenting on this. As fas as I know, Pralinesims's wonderful CC eyes are NOT default replacements. Maybe this is the reason why the tool cannot fix them?

I was actually coming to ask if the tool worked for other not default CC. I have a few high poly hairs that appear too shiny in CAS.
Sorry, clicked before ready. I know nothing about textures, etc. so I am probably describing the issue that I see in the wrong terms.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#148 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RedMallie
Hello! Hope you don't mind my commenting on this. As fas as I know, Pralinesims's wonderful CC eyes are NOT default replacements. Maybe this is the reason why the tool cannot fix them?

I was actually coming to ask if the tool worked for other not default CC. I have a few high poly hairs that appear too shiny in CAS.
Sorry, clicked before ready. I know nothing about textures, etc. so I am probably describing the issue that I see in the wrong terms.

Shiny hairs would be a separate problem. As I recall it's usually caused by a missing bump map or specular. Since the patch there could be other causes but I haven't heard of anything.

Field Researcher
#149 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 9:25 PM
I've tried running in HQ with nothing in my Mods folder except HQ game textures, and I'm still getting the skin suit.

Could those of you who have tried running in HQ after the patch please give this information:

Operating system
Graphics card
Game graphics settings
Are clothing and hair textures working?
Are eye colors and eyebrows working?
Do you have default eyes, eyebrows, and/or makeup installed and if so, are they working?

Thanks!

I download default skin and default eyebrows replacement from catfood the person who do the eyelashes and boom every one that now made with the new ep or base clothes was black meat skin i took off the makeup basically dont wear base clothes or new ep anything the sims will be black and meat bags once I took off everything they returned to normal I tried to use the quick stylist but they use base makeup and some other clothes i had to change the sims in other packs clothes to work.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#150 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lataya25
I download default skin and default eyebrows replacement from catfood the person who do the eyelashes and boom every one that now made with the new ep or base clothes was black meat skin i took off the makeup basically dont wear base clothes or new ep anything the sims will be black and meat bags once I took off everything they returned to normal I tried to use the quick stylist but they use base makeup and some other clothes i had to change the sims in other packs clothes to work.

Could you please answer the questions I asked? I'm trying to figure out why some games can't get normal sims at all and what might help.

Page 6 of 11