Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 Default Replacement Fixer - V3.0 10/12/2020, fixes default eyes, eyebrows, makeup, and skins broken by patches

by CmarNYC Posted 5th Jun 2020 at 7:14 PM - Updated 12th Oct 2020 at 11:02 PM by CmarNYC

265 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 214 Feedback Posts, 50 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 11
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#151 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 10:41 PM
i5 windows 10 nvidia yes all my cc works and i using all default skin eyes and brows all works
Test Subject
#152 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Could those of you who have tried running in HQ after the patch please give this information:

Operating system
Graphics card
Game graphics settings
Are clothing and hair textures working?
Are eye colors and eyebrows working?
Do you have default eyes, eyebrows, and/or makeup installed and if so, are they working?

- Win 10
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- All settings on highest except edge smoothing, usage of compressed textures turned on
- On the sims that are bugged (nearly everyone), neither clothing nor hair work, same with eyes and eyebrows
- I just started using defaults for skin, eyes and eyebrows just because of that error, but nothing really seems to work right or fix the general error of sims in skin suits.

Edit: Tried to do what lataya said, but still no change sadly. :]
Test Subject
#153 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 12:14 AM
Default I need help!
Hello! I have Default Replacement eyes, and I downloaded your mod to fix the broken default eyes and no matter how many times I fix the eyes it won't do anything. Can someone help me?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#154 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lilly12356
Hello! I have Default Replacement eyes, and I downloaded your mod to fix the broken default eyes and no matter how many times I fix the eyes it won't do anything. Can someone help me?

Please upload or link to the default eyes you're using. What's happening when you try to fix them - do you get 0 defaults fixed, or do they not work in the game?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#155 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 12:24 AM
Please upload or link to the default eyes you're using. What's happening when you try to fix them - do you get 0 defaults fixed, or do they not work in the game?

It won't let me upload the file. I update the eyes with the tool but they're still broken in the game.
Test Subject
#156 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 1:10 AM Last edited by yukovee : 11th Jun 2020 at 2:04 AM.
Oh by the way. Just tried default skin, default eyes and default eyebrow replacements + HQ textures only in a game, and most of the sims work (ea generated tho) - the ones showing up black are wearing make up from the latest patch, which I can just kill of the sim. Didn't get skinsuit no more. Gonna give it another try in my fully modded game and edit this post then.

Edit: Alright, doesn't work in my modded game, so maybe there is a mod conflicting. I'll. Keep digging for the difference of working and nonworking sims. x)

Edit Nr. 2: APPARENTLY THERE REALLY IS A MOD CONFLICTING. Sorry for caps. I'm just. excited. I moved a not-working sim from the modded game into the not-modded one (only moved the cc over she uses) and. Voila. Beautiful HQ sim working just fine. Going to check for the culprit tomorrow!
Test Subject
#157 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 9:59 PM
So. News. My game works again. I might have just missed a few HQ textures and maybe this is going around in the whole sims community. Or it's messed up default textures. Or anything.
But I wrote a quick guide what I did and what worked for a friend as well, so I thought I might share, its basically just resetting everything and redownloading HQ Textures:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...dit?usp=sharing

Wouldn't be working without your tools, CmarNYC. So thank you for that. <3
Field Researcher
#158 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 6:36 AM
Okay so I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. From what I understand V2 of the tool will add CASPs to the package making it no longer a texture only default replacement. Does this mean that texture only default replacements are not possible anymore because of the new wrapper that has yet to be unwrapped?

I have moved again this time to a private domain here are the links:
Sims 4: https://monochaos.blog/
Sims 2: https://sims2.monochaos.blog/
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#159 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MonoChaos
Okay so I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. From what I understand V2 of the tool will add CASPs to the package making it no longer a texture only default replacement. Does this mean that texture only default replacements are not possible anymore because of the new wrapper that has yet to be unwrapped?

That's exactly right - we now have to link to a new TGI to avoid the game loading an EA texture despite the replacement.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#160 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yukovee
So. News. My game works again. I might have just missed a few HQ textures and maybe this is going around in the whole sims community. Or it's messed up default textures. Or anything.
But I wrote a quick guide what I did and what worked for a friend as well, so I thought I might share, its basically just resetting everything and redownloading HQ Textures:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...dit?usp=sharing

Wouldn't be working without your tools, CmarNYC. So thank you for that. <3

I can confirm this works. The essentials seem to be that you need fixed HQ default replacements of eyes and eyebrows to fix the skin suit problem. I didn't need skin replacements. I also need default replacement makeup for the EA makeup to work without making the sim turn black. MAC makeup will make the sim either black or skin-suited and I don't know of a way to fix them. Gotta say it's not much of a loss, imo.

I'm thinking of doing default replacements of EA makeup in HQ just to fix this.

Test Subject
#161 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 9:34 PM
I can confirm this works. The essentials seem to be that you need fixed HQ default replacements of eyes and eyebrows to fix the skin suit problem. I didn't need skin replacements. I also need default replacement makeup for the EA makeup to work without making the sim turn black. MAC makeup will make the sim either black or skin-suited and I don't know of a way to fix them. Gotta say it's not much of a loss, imo.

I'm thinking of doing default replacements of EA makeup in HQ just to fix this.

Thank you for confirming! ♥ I'm glad it worked for you as well. Good to know it's only eyes and eyebrows needed!
And yup, the MAC stuff needs to be converted once the S4S is updated to be able to read the new resources.

It'd be great if you could do default replacements imho <3 Definitely going to look forward to that! At least it will fix the randomly generated sims by EA then. : )
Inventor
#162 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 2:45 PM
Shiny hairs would be a separate problem. As I recall it's usually caused by a missing bump map or specular. Since the patch there could be other causes but I haven't heard of anything.

Thank you. Yes, I keep paying attention to news about other underlying issues revealed after the patch. The Default replacements that I love are working thanks to your tool, so I really appreciate your efforts!
Test Subject
#163 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 2:06 AM
does it fix default skintones?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#164 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 9:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cderieux
does it fix default skintones?

No. I don't know of a problem with skintones.

Test Subject
#165 Old 18th Jun 2020 at 2:26 AM
Thanks!!!!!
You 're great...
Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
#166 Old 18th Jun 2020 at 10:33 AM
Hi,
I used this to fix the 'Thousand Eyes' default replacement by TioSims. It kind of worked for a while and I created a bunch of families with them fixed but for some reason it now only works on the first sim loaded in CAS. The second sim does not have the replacement eyes nor can I change their eye color. Any idea why? I have tested them with only the eyes installed and this happens so I am certain it is the eyes at fault.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#167 Old 18th Jun 2020 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yazplatt
Hi,
I used this to fix the 'Thousand Eyes' default replacement by TioSims. It kind of worked for a while and I created a bunch of families with them fixed but for some reason it now only works on the first sim loaded in CAS. The second sim does not have the replacement eyes nor can I change their eye color. Any idea why? I have tested them with only the eyes installed and this happens so I am certain it is the eyes at fault.

I was able to create multiple sims in CAS and change their eye color with no problems, so I don't know what to tell you.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#168 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 6:12 AM
This fixed my default cc eyes~ Amazing work! Thank you
Test Subject
#169 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 1:49 AM Last edited by cbenetti : 11th Jul 2020 at 2:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Yazplatt
Hi,

I'm having this same problem! I use RemusSirion's Plasticity eyes. It doesn't work well.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#170 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cbenetti
I'm having this same problem! I use RemusSirion's Plasticity eyes. It doesn't work well.

Can you upload the converted eyes package?

Test Subject
#171 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 12:59 AM
Can you upload the converted eyes package?

I think I "solved" the problem. I just went to TSR and downloaded the file again. It worked. I don't know what could have happened. But thanks for the answer.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#172 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 4:59 PM
I don't know how you did that but it's amazing!! I just realised how tough it is to find good eyes that fit, and this 'game patch break' really messed everything up. And you fixed it!! Thank you very much!!! :-)
Test Subject
#173 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 6:14 PM
i tried to fix the eyes i wanted to use. No matter what i do, it doesn't work. I have no clue what i'm doing wrong.

https://modthesims.info/d/634214/re...ement-eyes.html

a link to the eyes i wanna use. I have no other default replacements. I do use the better body mod and the wicked whims mod but that doesn't affect the eyes as far as i know.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#174 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miewx
i tried to fix the eyes i wanted to use. No matter what i do, it doesn't work. I have no clue what i'm doing wrong.

https://modthesims.info/d/634214/re...ement-eyes.html

a link to the eyes i wanna use. I have no other default replacements. I do use the better body mod and the wicked whims mod but that doesn't affect the eyes as far as i know.

The conversion of those eyes works fine in my game. What do you mean that it doesn't work? It won't convert, doesn't show up in the game, what?

Also you can try removing any custom eye colors as a test - I had a custom eye color with a very minor error that somehow messed up my default replacements.

Test Subject
#175 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 11:57 PM
Default Default Eyes Still Not Showing Up
Hello! Thank you for this mod~!

For some reason, the default eyes that I downloaded absolutely will not show up in-game. I tried using your tool, but they still don't show up anywhere. I tested another set of default eyes and it worked with those no problem. I even removed my entire mods folder and only placed the eyes in to make sure there were no conflicts and it still doesn't work. I'm out of ideas at this point. I've uploaded the original file for the eyes and the "fixed" one for you to take a peek at if you can.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/tq5...ult+Eyes+Broken
Page 7 of 11