Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 7:51 PM
Default Giant Plumbbob
Simple.
I'm looking for a really big (full room height at least or multi level) version of the iconic sims logo. It doesn't have to do anything. A giant PlumbBob sculpture or Plumbob sculpture.

You'd think it'd be a given that such a thing is common, but i haven't found one yet.
I've searched around, but thanks to the prevalence of the term regular google searches are of no use.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 8:48 PM
How about this one?
https://www.thesimsresource.com/art...0814/id/999981/

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aisquared
How about this one?
https://www.thesimsresource.com/art...0814/id/999981/

Well the base is a bit of a hindrance, but worst comes to worst i can delete that.
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 10:49 PM
I am sure there's a plumbob statue ingame, I don't know which EP or SP, but there should be one.
Maybe you should use the omsp resizer to make it as giant as you want
http://mahamudosim3.blogspot.com/20...1af681915c26da3
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 10:40 AM
I only saw two plumbob sculptures in my game, one from the basegame (left), and another from University Life (right). I might have missed something though, I have all packs except Movie stuff and Katy Perry..
Screenshots

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Field Researcher
#6 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 9:25 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by burn
I am sure there's a plumbob statue ingame, I don't know which EP or SP, but there should be one.
Maybe you should use the omsp resizer to make it as giant as you want
http://mahamudosim3.blogspot.com/20...1af681915c26da3

This would be great if it could go bigger lol.
There's an edible plumbob, but it's absolutely tiny, so 4 times the size would still be just normal size.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 12:07 AM
As an aside..... This whole thing started, because there's a plumbot in game that looks like a superhero, with his costume highlights being the same color as the plumbbob.
So i made him an HQ, and it has a huge multi story vertical alcove, which really needs something as the piece de resistance. So a plumbbob!
I thought about making it rotate with the rotating car pedestal cc, and a huge omsp on top of that. But it would have to be free floating, so the things with the huge concrete bases would look dumb.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 6:05 PM
There's an invisible counter shared by Sandy https://aroundthesims3.com/objects/...ounter_03.shtml
If you want to use the omsp counter, as base, you can make it invisible with using the second coloroption.
But there's no need if you didn't find the plumbob statue you like to have or the one you found is too tiny
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 4:17 AM
I already have the stuff i could put it on, but it would have to be free floating and every single thing linked here has a giant concrete base... so that won't work.
The only thing that doesn't is an edible plumbob about the size of an apple.... not fit for a multi story building alcove.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 10:04 AM
I find it unbelievable that there exists no separate mesh for the literal most defining object of the entire game....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 1:26 PM
I ended up editing the one aisquared first suggested by deleting the base. It was relatively straightforward, and now i have a giant green plumbob to serve as the piece de resistance of the superhero plumbot lair!
I'll upload a pic once i can get to finishing the building, over some other CC problems.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 1:49 PM
Maybe you would consider sharing it on MTS? Click the Upload button.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 6:52 PM
it turns out it doesn't work because i apparently accidentally deleted what i did and saved the original instead
Mad Poster
#15 Old 3rd Oct 2021 at 7:43 PM
I can;t remember if the gems work with OMPS resizers, but if they do, you can use the Plumbob Cut gem.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
I can;t remember if the gems work with OMPS resizers, but if they do, you can use the Plumbob Cut gem.

They are way *way* too tiny unfortunately. It only goes up to 400% and those gems fit in the palm of a sim, and i need them to be about full wall height.