Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2021 at 8:41 PM
Default NRAAS SP - Caste "Reset to Default" changes not updating
Hey there! I've been using NRAAS SP for quite some time now, but have always experienced an issue with castes not resetting properly once "Reset to Default" has been clicked.

I use rotational gameplay through castes to simulate Sims 2 Aging style, as well as career progression turned off when I'm not playing my households. However, even though I had reset the caste option to default, and I see that Death: Allow Aging is True, I have played from Sunday to Friday in game and aging still has not turned on.

I have recorded a video showing how I'm resetting the caste every household turn. I thought this would be the most helpful way to see the issue I'm experiencing and see if it's (most likely!) user error.

https://www.loom.com/share/b7eae50f...c0f8933e3ad0fd6

I utilize option 1 for Rotational Gameplay found at the link below, and have been for years. This has been an ongoing minor inconvenience for me and I'm hoping that someone can point out what I'm doing wrong, or offer some tips on how to have SP reset options a bit quicker. I have tried to save, exit the game, and reload, as well as switch households with the caste turned off and reload, and haven't been able to get them out of this funk yet.

https://www.nraas.net/Story-Progres...-Caste-Settings

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Please note that I have attempted to create a login on NRAAS's website, but unfortunately cannot seem to receive the email activation required to be able to post there.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Sep 2021 at 10:09 PM Last edited by igazor : 12th Sep 2021 at 3:55 AM.
Hi there. On the NRaas account issue, we are having some server problems this week but I wasn't aware it was affecting new user email verifications. Have or could you try to use the Contact Us function on the site to get the attention of our webmaster, being sure to include the screen name you are trying to register?

On the caste settings, the changes should be instant once the game clock starts moving forward after the change. Death: Allow Aging will be slow sometimes to update on the sims' info tab, but that means what we see on the info tab is out of date and the sims should still be aging up each sim day at midnight, with birthdays scheduled for later in the day when relevant. If this is not happening, I would suggest checking the individual SP > Sim Options on the sims who still seem to be not aging. There may be another caste or another SP setting in play that is trumping the household ones. What does it say for Death: Allow Aging at the Sim level?

Also please be sure that aging is allowed at the built-in Game Options level or else SP won't be able to manage these settings at all.

Edit:
Your updated post on my wall on the EA forums, which I did not notice until a bit later, had some more information. According to the update, the individual Sim Options within the household are still showing those sims as caste members. Might you have put them into the caste as individuals at some point? And does removing them as individuals one by one clear the problem?

There is a well-defined hierarchy that SP follows with its flexible options: Town > Lot > Household > Caste > Sim. If an option is set on the left, it flows down and shows in (parentheses) to those on the right. If an option is set on the right explicitly, it shows without parentheses and will trump all of those that came from the left. So if the sims had been put into this caste as individuals, then it doesn't matter (to them) what the Household Options say for membership as they will still be caste members.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Hi there. On the NRaas account issue, we are having some server problems this week but I wasn't aware it was affecting new user email verifications. Have or could you try to use the Contact Us function on the site to get the attention of our webmaster, being sure to include the screen name you are trying to register?

On the caste settings, the changes should be instant once the game clock starts moving forward after the change. Death: Allow Aging will be slow sometimes to update on the sims' info tab, but that means what we see on the info tab is out of date and the sims should still be aging up each sim day at midnight, with birthdays scheduled for later in the day when relevant. If this is not happening, I would suggest checking the individual SP > Sim Options on the sims who still seem to be not aging. There may be another caste or another SP setting in play that is trumping the household ones. What does it say for Death: Allow Aging at the Sim level?

Also please be sure that aging is allowed at the built-in Game Options level or else SP won't be able to manage these settings at all.

Edit:
Your updated post on my wall on the EA forums, which I did not notice until a bit later, had some more information. According to the update, the individual Sim Options within the household are still showing those sims as caste members. Might you have put them into the caste as individuals at some point? And does removing them as individuals one by one clear the problem?

There is a well-defined hierarchy that SP follows with its flexible options: Town > Lot > Household > Caste > Sim. If an option is set on the left, it flows down and shows in (parentheses) to those on the right. If an option is set on the right explicitly, it shows without parentheses and will trump all of those that came from the left. So if the sims had been put into this caste as individuals, then it doesn't matter (to them) what the Household Options say for membership as they will still be caste members.

Thank you so much for your prompt response! I did send in a ticket through the Contact Us form on the website, so I'm sure that will be resolved very soon.

I would not have added the caste on the individuals at all, as I had just started this hood yesterday and had only played this family for one rotation prior to switching families. I noticed the major delay when I came back to this family for the first time. Removing the caste from the individuals appears to have worked out perfectly! Knowing the hierarchy that you've defined here, I believe the question now would be why the Household caste removal didn't affect them on the Sim level. Would fiddling with the Caste: Priorities option assist this?

Now knowing to double check on the Sim level, I'll do some further testing with a few more switches between households and will report back if the issue occurs again, or if this was simply a fluke.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 4:33 AM
Caste Priorities wouldn't have affected this issue one way or the other, if things were working as intended. If a sim ends up being in more than one caste at the same time that have conflicting settings for the same option, then the higher Priority caste will win out for each such option. So let's say you have one caste that specifically allows aging and then another one that specifically disallows it (e.g., Vampires) and you have a sim who is a member of both castes. The option for the higher Priority caste will then take hold. If both castes have the same or default Priorities, then the result flowing down to the sim will be random.

But that isn't really what you have described here. Even if your Rotations caste had a Priority of 100, removing a household from the caste (or removing the caste from the household, however you look at it) should still give the same result.