Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2021 at 8:23 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Trying to extract the hair colour of Emit Rellevart
I've been trying to extract the hair colour of Emit Rellevart (formerly Relevart) but unlike the hair colours of other Sims, Emit's hair colour is not contained in his character data. Trying to change his hairstyle will cause his hair colour to change. I know that his hair colour information must be contained somewhere. But it clearly isn't contained the same way as it is with all the other pre-made Sims. Emit isn't an ordinary Sim so that might have something to do with it.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th May 2021 at 6:07 AM
I've figured out that Emit's hair colour is caused by the fact that he's a Time Traveller and not a regular Sim. Which means that his hair colour will most likely be contained somewhere in the Into the Future package files. Though I have no idea where. I really want to find the exact hexes of the hair colour that time travellers have, so that I can make it Emit's natural hair colour and so that it won't change when I change his hairstyle. I probably won't change his hairstyle, though I do want to change his eyebrow style.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th May 2021 at 1:34 AM Last edited by C.Syde65 : 24th May 2021 at 1:50 AM.
I've downloaded a replica of him from this site. And the hair colour is similar but not identical. I therefore can't accept it if it isn't identical. Though I can still use it to represent his genetic colour until I can figure out how to get his Time Traveller hair colour. https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetai...assetId=7752660

I've also read up on this forum thread here https://modthesims.info/t/521150 yet no one that posted in that thread seemed to have figured out a way to get Emit's exact hair colour that all Sims with the Time Traveller occult type have. A real pity. And I've been trying to check the Into the Future game files for anything that may contain his Time Traveller hair colour. But all the data is unreadable. At least with Sim3PE.

I'm looking through the FullBuild_p21 file, since I have a feeling it might be there. But there's just so much to look through. And I really wish there was something that can help narrow down my search.
Instructor
#4 Old 25th May 2021 at 11:03 PM
It might not be his actual hair color but an overlay(?) like the vampire sims skin gets that greenish color added that isn't actually the skin, or the alien eyes.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th May 2021 at 12:59 AM Last edited by C.Syde65 : 26th May 2021 at 9:30 AM.
It is an overlay. Though if his hairstyle is changed in Create a Sim, the overlay will disappear. Which is why I want to pin down the exact hexes that the overlay uses so that I can change his hairstyle and eyebrow style without losing the hair colour. I probably won't change his hairstyle. But I want to change his eyebrow style without losing the colour. And I have been considering giving him sideburns.

Edit:

I've found another upload consisting of Emit as a regular Sim with his time traveller hair colour. https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetai...assetId=7773613 The problem is that it is still an overlay, and thus will change if I try to change his hairstyle or eyebrow style.
Instructor
#6 Old 26th May 2021 at 9:30 PM
You could try reapplying the overlay after you adjust him in CAS then exit with I think NRass Debug, IIRC there is an entry for the overlays. Or try removing the Time Traveler occult and re-adding it with MC.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th May 2021 at 2:51 PM Last edited by C.Syde65 : 6th Oct 2022 at 2:07 PM.
If only I could apply overlays as ordinary hexes. But no one seems to know where the overlay data is stored in the game files.

Readding the time traveller occult resets his hairstyle, eyebrows, and outfit which is not what I want. Readding the time traveller occult would bring me back to square one.

Edit:

This isn't the first time I've really wanted to extract the hexes of overlays. I've been wanting to track down the textures and hexes for the following:

*The textures and hexes for the Tragic Clown outfit worn by young adult and adult male Sims that have taken the 'Origin of the Tragic Clown' elixir.
*The texture and hex for the objects that have been turned into gold from Sims that have taken the 'Midas Touch' elixir.
*The overlay and makeup hexes for zombies.