Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 12:38 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default TestingCheats Suddenly Stopped working
I used SimPE in between two play sessions (just the unusual) and went back to the game to check the changes. Now when I enter testingcheats, the game recognizes it but it just doesn’t work. I cleared the caches, tried different neighborhoods, and all the other obvious stuff. Could I have unknowingly done something in SimPE? I tried putting the cheat into my userstartup file but it doesn’t work either.
Thank you for help!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 12:53 PM
How can you tell it's not working? What are you trying to do?

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
How can you tell it's not working? What are you trying to do?

Ah yes, I’m trying to use the functions of Batbox that require the cheat + shift click. It doesn’t work on the mailbox either. The same actions worked during previous play sessions (I’ve been doing some cleanup and switching between the game and SimPE).
Forum Resident
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 3:05 PM
The only thing I can think of is that it wasn't typed correctly. That, or you could try typing it into the neighbourhood view and see if that makes a difference.

I'll type the code here, so that you can copy and paste it into your game to see if that also makes a difference, because before I added it to my userStartup.cheat, I occasionally mistyped it.

boolProp testingcheatsenabled true

Also, make sure you're actually holding SHIFT down when trying click, because sometimes I place my finger on CTRL and get confused when nothing works

If that doesn't help, then I'm stumped. There was someone over a decade ago that had a similar issue here. Not sure if what was suggested helped, though.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 5:25 PM
Also, could you zip up your userstartup.cheat file and post it here, in case there's something in there causing an issue?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 7:32 AM
Okay... either I suffered from a rapid onset case of stupidity, or my PC likes to tease me. I restarted the computer and now it works just fine... I am nearly 100% sure I was typing the cheat correctly. I even had it in my userstartup file... weird. Well, in any case, thank you all for your help, problem solved, signing off a bit embarrassed!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 6:41 PM
Good, glad it's working!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 9:28 PM
Maybe your key is sticky or your game was having a hiccup. Sometimes weird stuff happens.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 6:22 AM
I've had one cheat stop working on occasions and it was just being typed in wrong so I checked to see what worked and check to make sure it's typed in that way from now on.