Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#126 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion
My idea of an Advent Calendar

That is wrong. That is funny, but that is wrong.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#127 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
You're right attuned, it should be single malt.

Oh my goodness. 24 bottles is two cases is... nope, I can't work it down to under US $1000. Then what's left to buy presents with?

And there's the question of how to consume it. And, how to get a Yule tree when nobody can get off the floor.

I grew up in one of the Protestant traditions that doesn't know about Advent calendars. Now I'm a pagan. Maybe we're supposed to have cakes-and-wine on a lunar calendar or something, I don't know.

My Da has a bottle of Laphroiag that was already old when opened, and has been taking years and years to finish off. Sure and the bottle gets dusty but the Scotch is clean. Allowing, though, for the fact that, compared to other single malt Scotches, Laphroiag sort of tastes like a peat bog anyway. I suppose a single-malt Advent calendar should have a variety. But then you might not get the case discount.
#128 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
Now I'm a pagan. Maybe we're supposed to have cakes-and-wine on a lunar calendar or something, I don't know.

We are and we do. It is essential to have a cake loving girlfriend (or boyfriend, depending on your stance) to assist the cake ceremony by graciously acting as the plate ...
Forum Resident
#129 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 9:42 PM
*prowls innocently in*
"Hey, guys, I haven't been in here for a while and I--"

We are and we do. It is essential to have a cake loving girlfriend (or boyfriend, depending on your stance) to assist the cake ceremony by graciously acting as a the plate ...

"...ah. I see I've come at an... awkward time."
*hurries away*

*comes back, steals cake, then hurries away!*
Top Secret Researcher
#130 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 11:16 PM
... a cake loving girlfriend (or boyfriend ...

Cake loving girlfriend, Pie-loving boyfriend. Looks like you two've got it worked out just fine.
#131 Old 4th Dec 2015 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Noubie, what if the advent were filled with little nips instead of full bottles?

And as if by magic, it exists!
Top Secret Researcher
#132 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 1:02 AM Last edited by attuned : 19th Dec 2015 at 2:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by pizza
But attuned I'm already behind on the chocolates! It would feel wrong to buy one now

pizza, having to double up on the chocolate to catch up is not a problem, it's a reward.
Pixel advent calendar for you- Around the Sims is giving out a TS3 gift every day: http://aroundthesims3.com/

New at Simszoo
#133 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
If you have access to magic advent calendars, I'll take one that gives out a part a day until you can build your own hot little red sports car. I know it's shallow and frivolous, but I can learn auto mechanics as the month goes on. Oh who am I kidding, the last box had best contain an actual mechanic to put it all together. Ahhh, red sports car...

pizza, having to double up on the chocolate to catch up is not a problem, it's a reward.
Pixel advent calendar for you- Around the Sims is giving out a TS3 gift every day: http://aroundthesims3.com/

Admittedly the car is dwarf size and so is the mechanic, but you didn't specify .....

@pizza - Next Christmas, okay?

Top Secret Researcher
#134 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 6:42 AM
Progress report:
I am not cut out to be a mechanic. In some ways, I find that the Scotch actually makes it more difficult, so I've evidently gotten bolluxed up somewhere. The truth is that my Advent calendar project wasn't any better planned than my earlier scheme to change my name to CFE and go visit the Tsyokawe household.
Instructor
#135 Old 17th Dec 2015 at 7:33 PM
Not long until Christmas team!!!!
Mad Poster
#136 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 12:16 AM
I just noticed a post that talked about a RL meeting...somewhere...somehow. Is it really a possibility...then again, I'm not a party-crasher

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Theorist
#137 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I just noticed a post that talked about a RL meeting...somewhere...somehow. Is it really a possibility...then again, I'm not a party-crasher

On earth in 2015 it is. Only not easy to arrange and it can be pretty expensive.
Instructor
#138 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Some fans of member, pizza, coordinated their times so they could all be in the MTS Live Chat at the same time.

I've read this three times, and I get all fuzzy inside.. It's an honour :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#139 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 7:07 PM
@tsyokawe

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#140 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 7:12 PM

I so happy!
Instructor
#141 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 7:14 PM
Default Tsyokawe Returning Party

Welcome Back!!!!!!

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!!!!!

Scholar
#142 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 7:32 PM
MTS sucked without you Tsyo! <3

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Scholar
#143 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 7:37 PM
Scholar
#144 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 7:46 PM
This page is so loud my ears are ringing!
Mad Poster
#145 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 7:57 PM

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#146 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 8:18 PM
LOVE you guys! Sorry, no time for a picture.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#147 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 11:15 PM
SHE'S BACK...

New at Simszoo
Instructor
#148 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 9:33 PM
Happy new year to the lovely members of this group! :lovestruc did everybody have a good New Year's Eve?
Top Secret Researcher
#149 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 6:10 AM
Happy New Year, pizza and fans. :lovestruc

I had a great new year. Two of the members of this fine and outstanding group had winning entries in the MTS calendar contest!
Congrats, tsyokawe!

New at Simszoo
Instructor
#150 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 10:50 AM
Yay I saw!!! Congratulations you two, you deserve it!

Page 6 of 7