Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 9:47 PM
Default "Open Fridgespace Portal"
I don't really know if this is from Awesomemod or just the base game itself, but if I CTRL-click a household's tag, then I get the option of "Open Fridgespace Portal." I've clicked it, and it doesn't seem to affect anything, but I was wondering if anyone knows what that option is for? Or even what a Fridgespace Portal is? It sounds very interesting.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 10:33 PM
Hmm... maybe transports you to the altar of Zul?
Inventor
#3 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 11:43 PM
Oh darn... now you made me think of the stay puft marshmallow man....

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#4 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kaliaxx
I don't really know if this is from Awesomemod or just the base game itself, but if I CTRL-click a household's tag, then I get the option of "Open Fridgespace Portal." I've clicked it, and it doesn't seem to affect anything, but I was wondering if anyone knows what that option is for? Or even what a Fridgespace Portal is? It sounds very interesting.
It's from AwesomeMod. Anything CRTL-Click is from AwesomeMod. Opening the Fridgespace portal will pop open the fridge window. You may have to leave the map mode and open the inventory backpack to see it, but it will save you the bother of zooming in on a sim's house and finding their fridge.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 5:57 AM Last edited by zx1111 : 12th Jul 2009 at 6:09 AM.
Thanks for quick answer, Pescado.

But, why open fridge portal in Map mode? Live mode "open fridge" (without selecting house tag) would be much more useful.

Just add small button in game UI HUD. Inventory tab comes to my mind.
If player clicks the button, the fridge of current household will be open.
That will be great time saver for fishermen and farmers.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#6 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 9:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zx1111
But, why open fridge portal in Map mode? Live mode "open fridge" (without selecting house tag) would be much more useful.
Several reasons:
1. The fridgespace opened is not necessarily limited to be the current household's fridgespace. You can open someone else's fridgespace, and drop items into it.
2. I haven't the slightest idea how to do it any other way yet.

Quote: Originally posted by zx1111
Just add small button in game UI HUD. Inventory tab comes to my mind.
If player clicks the button, the fridge of current household will be open.
That will be great time saver for fishermen and farmers.
I haven't the slightest idea how to do that. Perhaps when I figure out how to do so, I will add.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.