Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 3:11 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 16th Oct 2011 at 5:39 AM.
Default Pets info from Prima guide and SimsVIP
There's always somebody who manages to get the Guide early, and this time it's Kay0199X at the Official Forums Here's the thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/446147.page (Thanks to Sunhair for the link!)

New (to me) info:
  • Every neigborhood has one (and only one) wild unicorn in it at all times. Finding it can be difficult because the unicorn is always teleporting around. However, the unicorn tends to stay in more rurual areas of town. Once you adopt a wild unicorn, a new wild unicorn will take it's place.
  • sims who have built the hidden skill "Wildlife Friend" far enough will not scare the deer, and can even pet it. (Hidden skill!)
  • This is just silly: "A male unicorn will stand up when peeing, and a female unicorn will squat."
  • "only ghosts can ride ghost horses. "
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 3:58 AM
Oh that one Unicorn per neighborhood thing has to be modded. Wow!

I really hate the auto spellcheck on my tablet.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 4:07 AM
I think one unicorn per neighborhood is a great idea. It adds challenge to the game.

I once thought i was sad because I had no shoes, then I saw a man with no feet.
Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 5:39 AM
That's one WILD unicorn... you want more, just keep taming em

Aaaaand just adding to this: SimsVIP has an updated game guide for pets. http://simsvip.com/?page_id=2101

I am not sure exactly where this info comes from though; do they have a playable version, or is it datamining/previews like the rest of us?

Aaaaand btw, a wtf from http://www.simsplanet2.com/forum/vi...=355419#355419:

Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 12:34 PM
Nooooooo...! They ruined an owl! How did they manage to make an non-cute owl? It's blue.... And has horns? WHY??!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 1:58 PM
Quote:
Rabbit holes go like this in Appaloosa Plains...

Crestview High (School+Stadium)
Dan Teeter's Gracery and the Koffi Cafe(Grocery Store+Cafe)
Rustler's Den(Criminal Hideout)
Wolfson's Hospital and Research Facility(Hospital+Science Lab)
Hueber Associates & Kim Gould's Steakhouse(Offices+Bistro)
Darris Teeter Art Theater(Theater)
Walls Book'n Bath LLC(Bookstore+Spa)
Appaloosa Plains Civic Center(City Hall+Police Station+Military Base)

Glad for more RH combos.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#7 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 2:01 PM Last edited by cameranutz2 : 16th Oct 2011 at 8:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
...This is just silly: "A male unicorn will stand up when peeing, and a female unicorn will squat."

That is THE most ridiculous thing I've ever heard...except for the fact that there are Unicorns in the game to start with!

I do however like the fact that they have combined more RHs. Should have done that from the beginning.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 2:27 PM
I sure hope there will be a mod (either in RH rug/door) for the Equestrian Center. That lot will be 64x64. Oh my, what am I going to do in the meantime?

Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I sure hope there will be a mod (either in RH rug/door) for the Equestrian Center. That lot will be 64x64. Oh my, what am I going to do in the meantime?

Good point. We'll need to take Jynx out of mothballs and get him on it

Mind you, the Equestrian Center Rabbithol BUILDING is not 64x64... you can put it on a smaller lot (like the Plumbob Pictured Minilot that somebody did after LN came out). Still looks pretty darn big though

Aaand there's something else special about it... it has horse stalls where you can choose horses to buy, and they change out regularly... from what I have seen in the previews, the horses you see are actually ones you can buy. Wonder if that functionality comes from the rabbithole building itself, or from a separate object? or what?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Aaand there's something else special about it... it has horse stalls where you can choose horses to buy, and they change out regularly... from what I have seen in the previews, the horses you see are actually ones you can buy. Wonder if that functionality comes from the rabbithole building itself, or from a separate object? or what?

From the pictures, the RH still is quite large. I want to see what are all the functions too. I didn't see that with the stalls, darn now I don't think that mod will work. Well, my small worlds I play will suffer cause there are no lots that can accomodate that RH.

Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
Nooooooo...! They ruined an owl! How did they manage to make an non-cute owl? It's blue.... And has horns? WHY??!

...well the great horned owl does indeed have "horns"...though i believe the horns are not TRUE horns but are comprised of feathers...however they are not blue..lol...i think (hope) its color is due to the evening light...one little thing i did notice is that thier owls lower legs are featherless...where im from the only owls with featherless legs are burrowing owls...(yes they actualy live in holes in the ground and only stand about 8 to 10 inches high)...the great horned owl has feathers all the way to its feet that serve to lessen any sounds the wind might make while diving after prey
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 11:51 PM
From the pictures, the RH still is quite large. I want to see what are all the functions too. I didn't see that with the stalls, darn now I don't think that mod will work. Well, my small worlds I play will suffer cause there are no lots that can accomodate that RH.

The movie studio has a similar issue though... it has special behavior with the movie sets that go with it (they swap out regularly, if you haven't noticed). Jynx did eventually manage to overcome that, though it took him some time, so I have faith he can handle this one too
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#13 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 2:57 AM
What I meant, was that the owl and it's horns look like it's ready to fight the deer with those solid things lol... It just looks odd, more like some pre-historical half-dino than an owl....
I'm really dissappointed that we can't store horses in the equestrian centre. It would have been realistic, and not to mention, very convenient. Not all horse owners have their horses on their home property. Bummer, it's a bit tricky to fit a horse stable on asuburban residential lot.
Instructor
#14 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 3:14 AM
Well, you gotta admit, its gonna make for some excellent custom palazzos and manors in the exchange

And besides.....after 6 long months it finally coming out.....It LITERALLY seems like seven new popes have been elected since it's announcement.
Test Subject
#15 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 6:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
What I meant, was that the owl and it's horns look like it's ready to fight the deer with those solid things lol... It just looks odd, more like some pre-historical half-dino than an owl....
I'm really dissappointed that we can't store horses in the equestrian centre. It would have been realistic, and not to mention, very convenient. Not all horse owners have their horses on their home property. Bummer, it's a bit tricky to fit a horse stable on asuburban residential lot.

ohh i wasnt disagreeing...it does look a bit off...i will put it down to most of the persons working on these games not really spending much time in the wild and wooly woods...

myself im most used to the great horned owls, barn owls and of course the burrowing owls...theres a museum of sorts not far out of my home town...they have various "birds of prey" on exibit... (birds that cant be re-habilitated and released into the wild)...and thier "mascot" is owliver...a 2 foot plus tall great horned owl...owliver is blind in one eye and so lacks depth perception making hunting nearly impossiable for him...ive seen him from less than three feet away and you are correct...thier owl looks nothing like him, cept the "horns"

i also have to agree with your second point...i grew up in a rural area and my sister had a horse...it was stabled at an arena in the country and she paid "rent" for the stall...wich also included fodder (hay and grain mixes)...she had to supply her own tack and also had to clean the stall herself...hhmmmm...wonder if they'll include stall maintenence...it seems likely since we get to use the horse doody as fertalizer

cant wait till tuesday
Inventor
#16 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 11:55 AM
Oh that one Unicorn per neighborhood thing has to be modded. Wow!

I really hate the auto spellcheck on my tablet.

I agree... I want zero Unicorns in my 'hood

Maybe I can kill it... and cut off it's horn? Mhuhahahahaaa

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Instructor
#17 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Axe Gaijin
I agree... I want zero Unicorns in my 'hood

Maybe I can kill it... and cut off it's horn? Mhuhahahahaaa

Hopefully unicorns will not be total bastards like in Oblivion.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 2:17 PM
Thanks for the information. I find it hilarious about the unicorns peeing. I also find it pointless. Do you think anyone will get the Sims 3 Pets early? I'm excited to see the movements of the small animals...
This is kind of off topic but I wanted to start a thread about what kind of mods and custom content people want for the sims 3 pets but I don't know if there is anywhere I can post that kind of thing?
Theorist
#19 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 2:40 PM
A "Wildlife Friend" hidden skill? That's cool, I didn't think there would be any hidden skills with this EP. Thanks for the info!