Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 9:47 AM
Default "Normal" edition of Sims 3 Showtime?
Does anyone know where I can order a "normal" non-special version of Showtime in the UK?

I tried both Play.com and Amazon and the only have the Limited and Katy Perry edition.

I can afford the special editions but because all my other EPs are normal it would aggravate my OCD tendencies if it was different from the rest of my collection :/ so getting the special editions is not an option for me...

Thank you!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 9:53 AM
you can delete stuff in game so could you get the special pack and then delete the bonus content just a suggestion also the special stuff doesnt actully come installed you have to install it with codes therefore it is optional i didnt install the bonus stuff i got mineoff origin

i take my sims photos using fraps!!!!
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 9:57 AM
It's not the actual content I'm worried about, I'd love to have the extra stuff - it's the case itself... I know that sounds crazy but if the case doesn't match the others (because it'll have a huge "limited edition" across the front, or Katy Perry on it) then it'll drive me mad. Same reason I can't buy the digital version, because although I'd have the game itself, I wont be able to see it when I look at my collection...

Lol... I hate being so awkward but I can't help it >.<
Forum Resident
#4 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 10:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by supersimoholic
It's not the actual content I'm worried about, I'd love to have the extra stuff - it's the case itself... I know that sounds crazy but if the case doesn't match the others (because it'll have a huge "limited edition" across the front, or Katy Perry on it) then it'll drive me mad. Same reason I can't buy the digital version, because although I'd have the game itself, I wont be able to see it when I look at my collection...

Lol... I hate being so awkward but I can't help it >.<

lol i do truly understand i have clinical depression severe anxiety and more then likley OCD i have over 1500 dvds so i truly do understand i like things no diffrent too

Forum Resident
#5 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 10:01 AM
Pahaha I understand... I couldn't get the Harry Potter books with the adult covers, had to all be the children's versions! Have you tried going in store?
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carlydunham
lol i do truly understand i have clinical depression severe anxiety and more then likley OCD i have over 1500 dvds so i truly do understand i like things no diffrent too

I know right it's horrible when you explain yourself and people are just like "get over it!" and it's like... Don't you think I would if I could?? Specially when it comes to food (I have Sensory Processing Disorder) and I'm like "I like this brand of that food but ONLY this brand" then they get another brand, and give it to me, and are surprised when I can tell the difference and can't eat it.

I'm the same with depression and anxiety too. Probably what I stay in and play sims so obsessively, lol! Although I hate to hear that other people are suffering like myself, it's also always nice to know that there are other people who know how I feel :P
Forum Resident
#7 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 10:08 AM
this is what the limited cover looks llike thats what i got off origin

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sims-Showti...31201104&sr=8-2

it looks like most sims 3 covers

Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 10:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by acid_fairy
Pahaha I understand... I couldn't get the Harry Potter books with the adult covers, had to all be the children's versions! Have you tried going in store?

lol, there's nothing worse than a miss-matched collection!!

I have not, but I won't be going to town for about another 2 weeks... (anxiety, I only go out when I need to :/ otherwise I make myself ill, and I need to again in 2 weeks, so I can do it then)
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 10:12 AM
this is what the limited cover looks llike thats what i got off origin

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sims-Showti...31201104&sr=8-2

it looks like most sims 3 covers

I know but there are things like the but that says about the additional stuff and the limited edition sign... If i really can't get the normal edition then it will deff be this one over the katy perry one - these differences are are more subtle than a massive katy perry XD I'm not even a fan.

thanks for helping though :P
to everyone
Forum Resident
#10 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 10:13 AM
lol, there's nothing worse than a miss-matched collection!!

I have not, but I won't be going to town for about another 2 weeks... (anxiety, I only go out when I need to :/ otherwise I make myself ill, and I need to again in 2 weeks, so I can do it then)

i do all my shopping online too amazon us and uk and ebay australia do a real trade from me hahah i take xanax for my anxiety you should ask your dr about it its helped me alot im phobic of thunderstorms and fireworks but on new years eve i stoood outside and watched fireworks from a distance i was very proud

Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 10:22 AM
i do all my shopping online too amazon us and uk and ebay australia do a real trade from me hahah i take xanax for my anxiety you should ask your dr about it its helped me alot im phobic of thunderstorms and fireworks but on new years eve i stoood outside and watched fireworks from a distance i was very proud

Oh wow, I'm really happy for you!! I know what it's like to do something that was very hard for you, but others often see as "not a big deal" like, for me, trying new food is as hard as... holding a spider, but I tried pasta not too long ago and I was telling my partner's mum (she's supportive) and i could see her partner like, laughing to himself out of the corner of me eye, he's that kind of person, like a "because it hasn't happened to me then it must just be in peoples heads" kinda guy. It made me feel so... pathetic, completely ruined my accomplishment :/

I've been to my doctors before, they always brush me off, but I've moved now and I've yet to go to my new doctors, but trust me, they're gonna have a lot to hear when I do eventually get the nerve up to make and appointment XD
Inventor
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 10:27 AM
Edit: Someone just told me on the Sims 3 facebook page that they are only selling the limited edition (and katy perry edition) at the moment, and when they run out of the limited edition they'll start selling the normal one.

I guess I'll just wait...
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 3:58 AM
http://www.buychina.com/products?ke...d+the+sims&cid=
you can go there to see if they has it. Hope they have it.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 8:00 PM
Does anyone know where I can order a "normal" non-special version of Showtime in the UK?

I tried both Play.com and Amazon and the only have the Limited and Katy Perry edition.

Are you sure? I just checked Amazon and they have the standard version of Showtime.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Sims-Sh...46957812&sr=8-1