Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2012 at 2:17 PM
Default Fur Designer for Sim Pets --> Werewolves
Is there any way to convert the Fur Designer for pets to be used on Sims. I'm looking forward to playing Supernatural when it comes out and it seems a shame to waste what could be one of the best assets in the game on "body hair" that looks painted on.

At least based on what I've seen in the teasers.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Aug 2012 at 4:26 PM
I don't think there's any way for anyone to answer that until Supernatural is released.
Instructor
#3 Old 20th Aug 2012 at 9:24 PM
I've never understood why they have something as awesome and versatile as the fur designer for pets, but we have the totally shitty tattoo system for our sims. Unfortunately, I highly doubt that one system could easily be brought over to the other like that. If it *is* possible, I will simultaneously cry and pee myself of excitement the day that someone makes it happen.

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Scholar
#4 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PunkyBreester
I will simultaneously cry and pee myself of excitement

No need, your sims already do that for you.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Eminence Grise
#5 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 6:09 AM
My guess would be it's an extension of the body hair system we already have. Pets have a really different mesh and skin system, from what I understand, so I'd be very surprised if this could be achieved.
Instructor
#6 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 9:30 AM
I do think sims human hair look far simpler and uglier than the pet hair/fur.

I wonder what kind of technique that makes pet hair/fur look different and better?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton
I do think sims human hair look far simpler and uglier than the pet hair/fur.

I wonder what kind of technique that makes pet hair/fur look different and better?

That's another good question, I'm trying to make hair that doesn't look painted on.