Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 3:03 AM
Default Sims 3 clay gardening pots
Ok, maybe I am being a complete doober with this but I cannot seem to be able to use the new gardening clay pots listed under plant decorations. Are they supposed to do something? If the answer is something easy, just go ahead and picture me facepalming please. LOL

TIA
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 3:15 AM
Plant a seed or fruit vegetable in em It's just a way to have a garden indoors, or whereever you like.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SpikesSerenity
Ok, maybe I am being a complete doober with this but I cannot seem to be able to use the new gardening clay pots listed under plant decorations. Are they supposed to do something? If the answer is something easy, just go ahead and picture me facepalming please. LOL

TIA

You can move plants into the pot. Related images below.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 4:24 AM
Pseudo Greenhouses For Everybody!!!

\(^_^)/

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 4:42 AM
Thanks! I will try again tomorrow when I get to play. I didn't try moving the plants into one of them, just tried planting a seed but it wouldn't give me an option to do anything. Thanks everyone!
Space Pony
#6 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 5:46 AM
I had a bit of trouble originally with them, so trying again today, I managed to plant a couple mushrooms in them. I haven't tried moving other plants to them though.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Field Researcher
#7 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 6:20 AM
I was going to start a new thread for this but this seem thread seem appropriate. Mods, if not, lemme know. Enfin, even with the vanilla game, I can't still garden properly, right after I plant whatever seed, I can only throw it out and when it has weeds, I can't weed them. How do I fix it?
Eminence Grise
#8 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 6:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fraavio
I was going to start a new thread for this but this seem thread seem appropriate. Mods, if not, lemme know. Enfin, even with the vanilla game, I can't still garden properly, right after I plant whatever seed, I can only throw it out and when it has weeds, I can't weed them. How do I fix it?

You need a certain level (3?) of gardening skill before you can weed plants That's not a new thing, it's always been like that. Before that all you can do is water them.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 7:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
You need a certain level (3?) of gardening skill before you can weed plants That's not a new thing, it's always been like that. Before that all you can do is water them.

Now I feel stupid, lol. Thanks, though.
Instructor
#10 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 3:21 PM
Just wanted to add a quick tutorial as I still had to search on how to actually *plant* in the pots.

1. Click on the seed in your inventory
2. Choose "Plant"
3. You are now able to drag the seed over the ground, drag it to one of the pots and click. Your Sim will now plant it in the pot.

This space intentionally left blank...