Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th May 2013 at 5:39 PM
All I want for christmas....
Yes, it is me AGAIN, if anyone noticed. If not forget about it.

Once again, I have a specific issue.

I'll keep it short: I was trying to throw a gift giving party, but eventhough I clear the entire floor of the living room (and believe, if it is not enough, then this sort of party is seriously space occupying) I keep getting the message that I did not clear enough space in my house to put down a gift pile. And let's be honest, what is a gift giving party without a gift pile?

I already tried taking out all of my CC, since 90% of the problems are caused by this, but it would not help me. I got the exact same message: not enough space!

From what I have gathered around, the initial gift pile is supoosed to be 2x2 squares, and keeps growing somewhat due to other gifts being put on the pile by guests. Furthermore, this space needs to be large enough to get all guest around the pile for the gift giving, and this can either be done by doing nothing, making all guests sit on the floor, or by putting some seating around it, so guests can sit there.

My last try was (without CC) inviting four guests (excluding my own sim) with an open space of (I did not measure to be honest) about 10x15 squares. Also, I tried putting some living room chairs in a circle, hoping that that might solve it, but no, it didn't.
Might it have anything to do with the fact that my open space is on the second floor?

Lastly, some details that might help: My sim is a celebrity, lives in a celebrity house in the downtown neighborhood (from LN, I forgot the name), and has a celebrity gate. Again I have no idea if this info will help in any way.

Please help me if you know anything relating to this issue. It does not seem CC related, and neither does the problem seem related to a lack of space.

Just how much space does this party take?

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th May 2013 at 10:08 PM
The gift-giving parties are kind of buggy, from my experience. I've only been able to throw them with very specialized houses/rooms.

This isn't explicitly documented, but from my trial and error attempts, it seems like they have to be on the first floor (not a raised house), the living room/party room needs to be near the front door, and there can't be a fence surrounding the entire house. The overall party rug is 2x2, but really needs around 6x6 and can't be below any ceiling lights or decorations. Again, I could be wrong, but when I had none of those factors in play (I built a special "party house" at once point, just to try to throw a gift-giving party), that seemed to do the trick.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th May 2013 at 10:11 PM
Thank Attercap, that seems helpful.

But on the other hand, I don't really want to renew my entire house just so I can throw a gift giving party. That's just pointless. I hope that the least EA will bringout some sort of fix for this soon, and for lot of other things. Eventhough there is so much you can do in this game, it sometimes seems that none of those things are bug-free.

But then again, I still like the game.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 6:00 PM
Mostly I forget to clear the ceiling lamps out of the way, but if you're sure you have enough space and still can't get it....well, more CC anyone?

Nona Mena's Buyable Bunch o' Gifts (Gift Pile)
http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...c0i0&topic=1560
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 5:05 PM
Yea the ceiling lamps did me in as well. It is very buggy. I have only had two successful gift giving parties. Might want to try also to make sure no weird thing is going on with the floor. I had to Nuke objects with Master Controller one time cause for some reason there was about a 3x3 section of the flooring where there was nothing visible in the way but my sims would not walk there and kept giving me the "I cant walk here your idiot something is in my way" action. Turns out one section of the counter was bugged for some reason. After I Nuked stuff within a radius it worked fine. Just a thought.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 11:40 AM
By any chance, was it something called "pet idle jig" or something like that. Horrifying bug, makes it completly unable to keep pets, because you will constantly have these things on the floor, which is super annoying. Even stray pets will leave them around the front door. My solution was to just get rid of pets alltogether (including strays) using the Nraas's register mod.