Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 3:34 AM
Default Returning and no cc working
I'm not asking you to solve my problem. I'm just checking. I haven't played Sims for more than a year. I bought Seasons and installed it but never played. Just yesterday I decided to try Sims again. I updated my game via EA. I took out all my cc and reinstalled updated NRAAS mods and added back a few cc folders, mostly skins and clothing. No cc is showing up. Has there been something that happened in the last year or so, or with Seasons, that requires something different to have cc in the game? I've glanced through the discussion thread titles and didn't see anything that seemed relevant. I checked out AAS and didn't see any remarks about updating specific cc files. Did I miss a major change of some kind? Thanks for any help.
Advertisement
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 3:59 AM
Are the NRAAS mods showing up in the game?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 5:23 AM
Hmmm....apparently not.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 5:46 AM
Have you gone back and followed the instructions step by step? Nothing has changed since whenever it was that they added the my documents mods folder. FAQs and tutorials are here to be read and followed. You're obviously missing something.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 7:30 AM
I can't figure it out. I was thinking maybe I need to update the "resource.cfg" file or update the framework but I CANNOT find anything on them on this site. I've reviewed the steps for cc and I think I'm following them OK. And you say nothing has really changed....I feel like I've fallen through the Looking Glass. But I seem to remember now that I stopped playing because I couldn't take the constant back and forth with trying to update, patch and keep cc working and add new EPs. Anyway, thanks for replying. I'm not sure what the next step needs to be.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 9:15 AM
You do have the *new* framework installed don't you? Not the original modders framework we had to use when we first started modding Sims. If you haven't played for a long time you may not be aware that the mods folder moved from ProgramFiles to MyDocuments, and you have to set it up like that now - making sure that your original mods resource.cfg is no longer anywhere in ProgramFiles folders. I mean I just thought I'd mention it in case you'd stopped playing for such a long time you missed this happening.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 7:28 PM Last edited by edejan : 24th Jun 2013 at 1:44 AM.
Thanks, Inge (my personal hero btw), I do have it set up in my documents. I stopped playing about year ago so I'm thinking nothing has changed in that time then? I've gone back into the game several times with no joy.

Edit: Well after pouring over instructions for two days with no success, I finally noticed that one of the necessary files I had looked at numerous times was slightly misnamed. I corrected the name of the folder and cc is working now. Thanks for all your help.