Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 7:47 PM
I also used Sunset Valley. Actually, I started with a couple from Midnight Hollow, but they had more of a creepy dark vibe which didn't jive with Oasis Landing and the whole future and robots thing. So I made a new sim who is kind of a basement nerd who time travels to Oasis Landing to make himself a fembot because basement nerds can't get real women. I figured in Sunset Valley there's already a basement nerdish guy he can be best buds with (Cycl0n3 Sw0rd).

Resident wet blanket.
Advertisement
Theorist
#28 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 5:17 PM
True! Cycl0n3 isn't quite a basement nerd, but I thought he's the closest in TS3, but maybe not. I thought SV is more of a regular town so a better place for a basement nerd than Starlight Shores since that seems like a place for stars and celebrities (like a sims version of Hollywood). I hadn't played Starlight Shores long enough to be familiar with Girbits or Conrad, but it does sound like they are more fitting of the "basement nerd" description. Well, it's no surprise Girbits is a loser. With the name "Girbits", it's practically a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Resident wet blanket.
Inventor
#29 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 9:17 PM
Come on ... Hunter Cottoneye can get a girl if you tweak enough Basement nerds are kind of cool

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Theorist
#30 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 9:40 PM
Well, my basement nerd plumbot fan guy is more like the guy on the left.

Resident wet blanket.
Scholar
#31 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 2:43 PM
When I first got TS3, I thought that Cycl0n3 Sw0rd's name was like, a bug or a glitch. Then I found out he had a wiki page...
Inventor
#33 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 9:40 PM
I disagree, SV is much more eastern coastal country like Virginia than California. SV has zero Spanish influence, but the small homes down by the shore are not at all California.. its gotta be Virginia or New England.

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Page 2 of 2