Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 12:52 AM
Default Change future not working
I tried changing the future with 2 Plumbots+ a human but it never works. I click the button, the tab closes and nothing happens.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 12:58 AM
I had the same issue until I realized my town was lacking the required resources to change the future. I know the Utopia requires the military base and about 10 Sims. I haven't done the Dysopia.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 3:09 PM Last edited by Birdflame : 27th Oct 2013 at 3:12 PM. Reason: Wait, what?!
Ohh. Derp. Thanks. xD

Edit: Wait, what?! Your town had less than 10 sims..? I'm confused now.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 3:40 PM
It was a test world I use for building. It didn't occur to me that it would be an issue until it happened.

Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 5:45 PM
That was my problem, too, matrix. I was in my Studio City save, which I use for testing, and had very few sims and rabbit holes. The dystopian future could be triggered, but nothing happened when I tried to trigger the utopian future. And indeed, the military base was one of the rabbit holes not present in the studio save. City Hall, I think, is a required rabbit hole to trigger dystopia, and the military base is needed to trigger utopia.
Theorist
#6 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 6:25 PM
What about going to the future, placing Military, travel back, then forward in time? Does it work then?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 11:23 PM
Now I've got a new problem. You know how for the dystopia you have to convince sims that the sky is falling? So my sims get the opportunity and then there's no option to convince the sims that the sky is falling.. :/
Mad Poster
#8 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 11:34 PM
I think you have to use an interaction (on your sim or the ground?) to having them whip out a large magnet and attract space rocks to fall from the sky.

The whole process isn't a very fail proof system.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 11:54 PM
Oh! Thanks. :3
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
What about going to the future, placing Military, travel back, then forward in time? Does it work then?
What do you mean? Are you thinking of trying to trigger a different future while in the future? You can only trigger a change in the future from your hometown.

Quote: Originally posted by Birdflame
Now I've got a new problem. You know how for the dystopia you have to convince sims that the sky is falling? So my sims get the opportunity and then there's no option to convince the sims that the sky is falling.. :/
What types of sims are you clicking on, after receiving that quest? The interaction may not show up for children, for instance, or possibly certain types of NPCs. Pretty sure it works on paparazzi, though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Margaret Pendragon
What types of sims are you clicking on, after receiving that quest? The interaction may not show up for children, for instance, or possibly certain types of NPCs. Pretty sure it works on paparazzi, though.

Adults. Any adults.. That's why it's frustrating. I haven't tried the magnet thing yet though.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 3:40 AM Last edited by Margaret Pendragon : 28th Oct 2013 at 3:53 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Birdflame
Adults. Any adults.. That's why it's frustrating. I haven't tried the magnet thing yet though.
I believe using the magnet is the first part of the quest. I've had a couple of sims trigger dystopia now. They first had to use the magnet, then attend a meeting (at city hall, I believe), then convince other sims that the sky was falling--that was the last part, in other words. And trash talk the environment. That was another part of the dystopian quests.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 6:19 PM
Oh. My sims used the magnet then went to the meeting, an the sky opportunity popped up but... How do you convince the other sims?
Field Researcher
#14 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 6:48 PM
Just click on any Sim (probably only adults and YAs) and the interaction will appear. Note that you can actually convince Plumbots AND Emit Relevart too, even though he told you to do all this.

If you want to download my Sims 3 pets, click here and then go to my Studio. To see images of all my pets, click here.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Freelance Wolf
Just click on any Sim (probably only adults and YAs) and the interaction will appear. Note that you can actually convince Plumbots AND Emit Relevart too, even though he told you to do all this.

That's the problem. The option doesn't appear.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 7:41 PM
This may be a stupid question, but are you doing this in the present or the future? I've managed to trigger dystopia, but I did the entire opportunity sequence in the present; I thought it glitched out at first because I was unable to trigger it, or even open my fucking almanac unless I was in the present.

If you're in the present and the option to convince people the sky is falling still doesn't show, I don't really know what to suggest other than taking the easy way out and getting the LTR future control jobbit.