Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 2:20 AM
Default What future transport options travel over water?
Thinking about starting a new ITF game in Isla Paradiso. Kinda like the idea of a futuristic houseboat Wondering if any of the new transport options (hoverboard, jetpack, hover cars and scooters etc) will work over water... and... has anybody looked at adding the monorail to an existing word? Can it be done? A monorail connecting the islands would be awesome

Probably asking for too much... will maybe experiment and see what the results are
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 3:30 AM
Welp. Time to play with the monorail.
I'm hoping it has it's own routing, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was scripted.

Edit:
OMG - the last packs for the past 2 generations have had monorails in them. :o

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 3:32 AM
That is what I am hoping Srikandi. Someone will add the monorail to other EA worlds, I love watching them ride.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 3:56 AM
Things I learned about the monorail:

-There is no monorail in Build/Buy, nor do they working in home worlds.
-Monorails can be renamed by Ctrl + Shift + Clicking on the Rabbit Hole, so the same RH can have a different name in each location. I could only get this to work in Oasis Landing, sadly.
-They are also numbered via the same process. Stations are numbers from 0-9, and act as travel points from one station to another.

Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 7:32 AM
Thanks for looking into that, Matrix Figured connecting the IP islands by monorail was too much to ask. And I haven't gotten back to IP yet to test this, but judging from the behavior of the hoverboard I'm guessing it only goes where you can walk, so no hovering over water. The jetpack on the other hand functions as a teleportation device between lots, so THAT should make life in IP much more practical :D

And, rofl:

I'm guessing that's Traveler behavior? I'm also getting zombies in OL now, and I didn't get either zombies or horses when I tested modless on release day. Today I updated NRaas

Actually, a horse would be fun for riding around the wasteland gathering nanites :p
dodgy builder
#6 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 8:10 AM
Reading this I suddenly gets an instant urge to buy ITF or into the future. I hate that shortening thing you outlanders tend to do
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Reading this I suddenly gets an instant urge to buy ITF or into the future. I hate that shortening thing you outlanders tend to do

You should do it! Join us... in the future! :cylon:
One Minute Ninja'd
#8 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi

And, rofl:

I'm guessing that's Traveler behavior? I'm also getting zombies in OL now, and I didn't get either zombies or horses when I tested modless on release day. Today I updated NRaas

Actually, a horse would be fun for riding around the wasteland gathering nanites :p

Which makes me wonder, if you have a pet or a horse in your family, can you find their descendants in the future as well?
Alchemist
#9 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
OMG - the last packs for the past 2 generations have had monorails in them. :o

You mean Apartment Life? There's no monorail in Apartment Life, I recall?

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
#10 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 1:02 PM
Mansion and Garden stuff did. It was world decor. :p

Forum Resident
#11 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 1:31 PM
I'm also getting zombies in OL now, and I didn't get either zombies or horses when I tested modless on release day. Today I updated NRaas

Zombies are vanilla. They were popping up when I was testing without mods.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
Zombies are vanilla. They were popping up when I was testing without mods.

Ah ok musta just missed em. Hey, plumbot zombies would be fun!
Alchemist
#13 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Mansion and Garden stuff did. It was world decor. :p

Oh, a neighborhood decor... It was OFB that added monorail. FT added a train and its railroad.

Anyone has tried to recat the monorail station to appear in community objects, as well as to make the railing towers to appear in world decor? :/ I'm willing to try it once I get ITF.

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 8:15 PM
I cannot get into the Future with my sims , the portal showed up but the Time Traveller man did not, so none of my sims have gotten to the future yet. I wonder if it works in created worlds as I waited playing one family and nothing happened?
I did get into edit Oasis Landing in edit town while playing my own world and had to place an empty lot to place a copy of my family there but was unable to play them or any families there. I am so disappointed with it at the moment , maybe someone will make a world with all the stuff in Oasis Landing so that we can freely play that world, as you can save all the buildings and families to your bin , so it should not be a problem.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 8:27 PM
Monorail over water
Thanks for looking into that, Matrix Figured connecting the IP islands by monorail was too much to ask. And I haven't gotten back to IP yet to test this, but judging from the behavior of the hoverboard I'm guessing it only goes where you can walk, so no hovering over water. The jetpack on the other hand functions as a teleportation device between lots, so THAT should make life in IP much more practical :D

And, rofl:

Actually I think I saw the Monorail going over the water in Oasis Landing when I was editing it. I also saved the Monorail Station to my bin. So hopefully can use it in other worlds.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 8:29 PM
No Pets in Oasis Landing
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Which makes me wonder, if you have a pet or a horse in your family, can you find their descendants in the future as well?

No it says there are no pets in Oasis Landing and you cannot take them with your sim family.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#17 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsPuddleduck
I cannot get into the Future with my sims , the portal showed up but the Time Traveller man did not, so none of my sims have gotten to the future yet. I wonder if it works in created worlds as I waited playing one family and nothing happened?

This sounds like a bug that should be fixable. Are you playing with gameplay mods? I'd suggest trying to reproduce the issue in a fresh game without mods first, and then you'll have an idea about whether it's a mod related issue or not. You can determine what mod it is by putting them back one by one and testing to see if it works each time (or use the 50% method: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._Custom_Content ).

If you can't pin down the issue this way, try the FAQs in the Help menu, and if all else fails, post in the Help Q+A forum.

Actually I think I saw the Monorail going over the water in Oasis Landing when I was editing it. I also saved the Monorail Station to my bin. So hopefully can use it in other worlds.

According to Matrix, "There is no monorail in Build/Buy, nor do they work in home worlds." So sadly no, apparently, at least until a modder figures out how to fix that Guess I could double-check that result. I'm assuming though it's like the food truck in Late Night, which was ONLY available in a "city" world initially.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 9:29 PM
I did get into edit Oasis Landing in edit town while playing my own world and had to place an empty lot to place a copy of my family there but was unable to play them or any families there. I am so disappointed with it at the moment , maybe someone will make a world with all the stuff in Oasis Landing so that we can freely play that world, as you can save all the buildings and families to your bin , so it should not be a problem.

I am playing Enekjaer, a custom world and got the Time Traveller along with the opportunities. Only thing was a problem with flying around with the jetpack and after getting Twallan to read my error logs help me realize I still had a couple of old mods that needed an update in the hacks folder. Once I got them updated everything works fine. Have to be a mod hanging around needing attention.

Yeah, saw that too but it seems to be only allocated for that world. Don't know if it's in CAW but the rails and station isn't in the BuyDebug category so they may need to be unlocked and modded to work properly. I will be anxiously awaiting modders and world builders for it because I love that monorail.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 7:09 AM
Guess I could double-check that result. I'm assuming though it's like the food truck in Late Night, which was ONLY available in a "city" world initially.

I hope so, because my CaW custom world already has an entire network of pillar-rails and stations, but haven't figured to make them work.

You can't believe anything I say... specially what I just said...