Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 7:11 AM
Default Am I The Only One Here...
... Or anyone else who have similar type of Sims gameplay with my list:

- Whenever I want to create new Sims, I always create new ones with varying races or ethnicity. I feel like I don't want to create new Sims with having "almost similar" appearance like the old ones.

- Traits for Sims are given completely different from one Sim to another, which affect the gameplay. I avoid the complete "perfect" concept of Sims having the all-perfect life of having perfectly positive traits and overused traits: being good, friendly, ambitious, bookworm, artistic etc. My Sims can be daredevil, mean spirited, have no sense of humor, heavy sleeper, couch potato, etc depends on the storytelling I gave to them. I give them personality like real people as possible. No Sims in my game are "perfect"

- Not in legacy. No generations.

- Haven't aged the Sims. In-game time used in playing the Sims/family/household just like usual every day real-life time passed by.

- Every new world that comes from EPs/store contents/downloadable contents occupied by newly created Sims with very different story. Not just filled the entire story with controversial/sad/intriguing family/relationship drama, but also other type of genre: action, comedy, horror.. being famous and rich celebrities, being a depressed loser, being a serial killer, etc.

-Abusing testingcheatsenabled true cheat, to fill Sim "Need Motives" Actually I don't like to cheat to avoid difficulty, but concerning TS3 nature of huge time waster when Sims standing do nothing, preparing meal, taking shower... It's hard to have normal regular life, y' know. Sims often needs to go to bathroom in inappropriate time and have low energy bar when it's time for them to go partying or attending University class. The Needs bar needs to get raised quickly, just simply drag the low bar to the right to fill the motive meter, then the low needs are magically filled without rushing anything imprison by their own low need motives like the old days in The Sims 1. I still do the assigning manually to fill their needs regularly. Using the cheat is just for emergency when the sims really don't have time to fill the needs.

-Whenever I bored playing current family/household/Sims, I pull the pose player, direct the Sims to do the poses. Creating creative screenshots helps me getting inspirations to continue the story and keeps me getting attached with the Sims I play, despite the fact that Sims in TS3 are kind of boring with robotic movement, spend most of their time standing do nothing, glitches. I also alter the Sims NPC/townies around my Sims in-CAS to make their eyes smaller, more wider chin, to give them less pudding appearances.

-Reject all opportunities with rewards of simoleons offered over cellphone/smartphone. Sorry, my Sims aren't interested in easy money with easy silly task. They can go to work to earn their own income. Moreover, offering opportunities rewards of money over phone doesn't sound realistic to me.

- Never fill "play hopscotches" wish that often appeared on Sims since Generations EP installed. Whenever it appears, I always right click on it to make it disappear. Damn it, it's very annoying. No Sims in my game like, want, and try to play hopscotches. Even kids.

You can share your own unique gameplay here if you have

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 2:19 PM
I am the same regarding CAS and traits. I try not to have generic Sims. It makes it boring really fast. I usually let my husband pick their traits. Then I know I don't stay within the same ones over and over.
I don't cancel wishes. No matter how asinine or repetitive, I try and make sure I always fulfill them. That's one reason I stay away from authors. Write 25 best sellers etc just makes me want to scream.
I can't do legacies. I get bored part way through and just go back to messing around with house building.That is part of the reason I love reading other peoples stories so much. Im amazed at the level of commitment.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 3:31 PM
I feel like I like making Sims and houses more than I like actually playing. I never get past third generation on any Legacy house before I get bored and lose focus. And oh man, I am so on-board re: "Sims with varying races or ethnicity." My real-life hometown is super diverse, so pretty much all of the pre-made worlds seem waaaaaay too white to me. I'm on this unending quest to actually get my worlds to reflect my IRL hometown.

To that end, I finally, finally found a realistic-looking Hijab! Here is a modified version of Skeletal Sim's!
Scholar
#4 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloodyScholastic
... Or anyone else who have similar type of Sims gameplay with my list:

- Whenever I want to create new Sims, I always create new ones with varying races or ethnicity. I feel like I don't want to create new Sims with having "almost similar" appearance like the old ones.

- Traits for Sims are given completely different from one Sim to another, which affect the gameplay. I avoid the complete "perfect" concept of Sims having the all-perfect life of having perfectly positive traits and overused traits: being good, friendly, ambitious, bookworm, artistic etc. My Sims can be daredevil, mean spirited, have no sense of humor, heavy sleeper, couch potato, etc depends on the storytelling I gave to them. I give them personality like real people as possible. No Sims in my game are "perfect"

- Not in legacy. No generations.

- Haven't aged the Sims. In-game time used in playing the Sims/family/household just like usual every day real-life time passed by.

- Every new world that comes from EPs/store contents/downloadable contents occupied by newly created Sims with very different story. Not just filled the entire story with controversial/sad/intriguing family/relationship drama, but also other type of genre: action, comedy, horror.. being famous and rich celebrities, being a depressed loser, being a serial killer, etc.

-Abusing testingcheatsenabled true cheat, to fill Sim "Need Motives" Actually I don't like to cheat to avoid difficulty, but concerning TS3 nature of huge time waster when Sims standing do nothing, preparing meal, taking shower... It's hard to have normal regular life, y' know. Sims often needs to go to bathroom in inappropriate time and have low energy bar when it's time for them to go partying or attending University class. The Needs bar needs to get raised quickly, just simply drag the low bar to the right to fill the motive meter, then the low needs are magically filled without rushing anything imprison by their own low need motives like the old days in The Sims 1. I still do the assigning manually to fill their needs regularly. Using the cheat is just for emergency when the sims really don't have time to fill the needs.

-Whenever I bored playing current family/household/Sims, I pull the pose player, direct the Sims to do the poses. Creating creative screenshots helps me getting inspirations to continue the story and keeps me getting attached with the Sims I play, despite the fact that Sims in TS3 are kind of boring with robotic movement, spend most of their time standing do nothing, glitches. I also alter the Sims NPC/townies around my Sims in-CAS to make their eyes smaller, more wider chin, to give them less pudding appearances.

-Reject all opportunities with rewards of simoleons offered over cellphone/smartphone. Sorry, my Sims aren't interested in easy money with easy silly task. They can go to work to earn their own income. Moreover, offering opportunities rewards of money over phone doesn't sound realistic to me.

- Never fill "play hopscotches" wish that often appeared on Sims since Generations EP installed. Whenever it appears, I always right click on it to make it disappear. Damn it, it's very annoying. No Sims in my game like, want, and try to play hopscotches. Even kids.

You can share your own unique gameplay here if you have

We have pretty much the same game play, except for "no legacies" and "no generations".