Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 2:39 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default "Phantom Showers/lamps" Anyone else experience this?
Okay I dont know if this is some graphical bug, an issue with my computer o.O or unknown sim ghosts haunting showers around town... but its happened a few times lately...

basically im in the middle of playing, all goes well, then suddenly the shower starts changing colors, usually green, but its made really quick flashes of red and blue as well...

The first time it happened really freaked me out lol, was spacing out waiting for my sim to wake up, just to notice all these flashing lights lol.... but its happened on other lots as well, including community lots...So I'm going to assume its probably just a bug? was just wondering if anyone knows what this is or has experienced it before...

Here's a screenie, and dont mind the ugly house I was playing a homeless family with 0$ trying to work there way up and lol, as you can see they had quite a way to go....

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 4:01 PM
I've had something like this... only all my floors became a question mark.:P
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 6:34 PM
Could be a graphic card issue.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 9:09 PM
I'm assuming it is your graphics card. It seems you have the settings on low as is, or they just look bad?

Did this just start recently or has this always happened?
Test Subject
#5 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 12:31 AM
I have a similar problem, not as severe as your screenshot, with some transparent glass objects (like the glass on the oven doors, the fishbowls, the transparent part of the food processors; never noticed it with shower doors though) that would do some blinking at certain parts of the day similar to what's shown in your screenshot, just not as severe. I figure it has to do with lighting and graphic card issues.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 1:08 AM
What are your system specs? Game Help:System Specswiki

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 3:01 AM
My system specs.... really bad I know lol,
but I have for my video card : NVidia GE Force 6100 nforce 405
and for my actual computer: AMD Athlon Dual core, BE-2350 (2 cpus) 2.1 Ghz
1918 MB Ram

I guess I'll just deal with it till I get a new comp later on then =) and i dont know if its just a recent thing or would have always been there o.O its only now that i've really bought glass objects since creating my poverty sim family, as i've never used that shower or those types of lamps, or anything like that until now...

and its not always that "Severe" sometimes it is just blinking/flashing o.O oh yeah, and when my sim goes fishing, sometimes when the fish jump out of the water they blink rainbow colors lol o.O
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 4:27 AM
Eek, yeah - I really wouldn't recommend playing TS3 on that. Some of these tips might help: Game Help:Onboard Graphicswiki

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 4:38 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone ^_^ And for the link whiterider, I'll check that out...

while my graphics arent really up to par on TS3 , It has been playable still, and better than nothing, T.T just cant wait to get a decent computer for this lol...