Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 5:42 AM Last edited by zx1111 : 16th Jul 2009 at 5:58 AM.
Default Suspicious in-game ad picture
This advertisement picture is hung on side wall of Divisadero Budget Books bookstore of Sunset Valley. What do you think that the advertisement is for?
Guy and gal are talking on the phone. Phone and red heart in center, phone number below. And it doesn't looks like cell phone service ad. The number doesn't looks like normal phone number. (+X-XXX-XXXX) Isn't it suspicious enough? Has Pauline Wan some secret part-time job?

Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 5:48 AM
Suspicious? I do not see it however it looks like Pauline Wan is looking for some action.

Thought that looked like Hank but I don't see his little flavor savor on his chin....
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 5:54 AM
it looks like a naughty chat poster =]
Scholar
#4 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 5:57 AM
Suspicious in what way? It looks like an add for a singles chat line, nothing really weird about that.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 6:00 AM
Hahahaha Its like that sht you see at on tv at 3am.

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." ~ George Carlin
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nelicquele1981
Hahahaha Its like that sht you see at on tv at 3am.

lmao so true.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 6:07 AM
If this is singles chat line, then why no menu for the number in the in-game phone? Like "Chat on the phone with some lonely single ". That would be great for single sims in Sunset Valley. In-game computer has such option ( "Chat with someone" ).
Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 6:10 AM
also shows up when writing trashy romance novels so.. I had my sim look into it, she says it's nothing more than an ad for SimHarmony.com's phone dating service
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 6:11 AM
Well in a way there is.. The PC.. You simply chose "chat with someone" not picking WHO you chat with and you meet new ppl.. When my ppl's do this i get pop ups like "yadda yadda learned that blah blah is single"

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." ~ George Carlin
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 6:40 AM
Quote:
If this is singles chat line, then why no menu for the number in the in-game phone? Like "Chat on the phone with some lonely single ".

Let's not forget that the gypsy matchmaker came with an expansion in TS2. We can't rule out that said singles line will be added to the game later!
Alchemist
#11 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 6:43 AM
I don't see it as weird personally... just looks like an ad for a dating service

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Scholar
#12 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 6:57 AM
It'd be more interesting if it just had a simchick in a bikini, lounging on a bed with the phone. Then, maybe, you could call it suspicious. This is fairly innocuous.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 7:26 AM
This is probably as provocative as EA will get.