Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 3:46 PM Last edited by Kiara24 : 13th Dec 2009 at 11:06 PM.
Default Tutorial: How to do lipstick for Sims3!
Tutorial: How to do lipstick for Sims3!

What you need:
CAS Texture+Unitool
www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364926

For this tutorial I use Photoshop and my Photoshop is in portuguse but if you need something to be translate just tell me.

I tried to do everything right in this tutorial but if something is not well I appreciate that you correct me
I used many images because it is a little hard for me to explain it in English.

1-Open CTU

2-Now you have to extract the textures

Give a name to your texture. Ex: LipstickTexture

3-Now extract the mask.

Give a name to the mask. Ex: LipstickMask

4-Now open photoshop and open the LipstickTexture
I find some lips in the internet and I’m going to use for change the lipstick texture.
Then you have to cut the lips and paste over the existing texture.

Attempts to redevelop the lips to occupy the same space of the other texture and you have put in greyscale.

Now you can put more lightly or more darker, this is something that you have to try and see what is best, sometimes only in the game you see the difference.

Now delete the other texture and have to look like this:

Save your textures and give a unique name

5-Now open the LipstickMask.
You can copy the lipstick texture that you did and past for the mask (this is not mandatory is only for you to see where is the texture of the lips)
Now is up to you and how you want that lipstick look, you just have to play with the 3 channels.

Save the same way you did with the textures.

6-Go to the CTU again and you going to replace the existing texture for the textures that you did.

To set the colour of lipstick see the next picture.

Don’t forget to click commit.
Once you've finished click save as, give your package a name, then hit Save.

7-Place you .package file you just save in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

8-Now open the game and see your creation
Mine is not perfect, I just see some things I have to fix…I hope you do better that me

For the lipstick with only one channel is more easy, you do the same thing but you don’t have the mask to change.
10 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 4:08 PM
Thank you for writing this tutorial
Field Researcher
#3 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 12:40 AM
How do you get the files in the first place? I don't know the first thing on sims 3 custom content making. I know for sims 2 ytou can use body shop and start a new project an dthen you have the files to use but how do you do that for sims 3? I've read meny turorials an di cant ifure out a thing, can somone help me?
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 8:57 AM
Field Researcher
#5 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 6:33 PM
Whats that?

Quote: Originally posted by Kiara24
You need CTU.
Has a vampire viking fetish
retired moderator
#7 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 4:52 PM
Thank you so much for this. I've been wanting to try making lipstick for ages but couldn't find an easy tutorial
Field Researcher
#8 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 5:33 PM
The people who got rid of my virus put CTU on my computer, I can't figure out how to use it though.
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 5:41 PM
Field Researcher
#10 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 11:43 PM
At the botem when I was trying it kept on saying extracing textures, also, is this possible without photoshop? I have other stuff like that such as paint but none with different channels.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 12:46 AM
Whats Gimp?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Field Researcher
#14 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 2:07 AM Last edited by 403880 : 1st Feb 2010 at 1:09 AM.
Oh *^*^*
EDIT: I can't open the textures in photoshop- or anytihg else for that matter.
Test Subject
#15 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 8:38 PM
Thank you so much! This is greatly appreciated.
Test Subject
#16 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 11:39 PM
When I tried to save the texture dds file in Photoshop, it kept saying there are too many channels to export. I'm so damsel in distress right now...
Theorist
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 12:16 AM
You have to flatten the image first.
Test Subject
#18 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 10:23 PM
i cant get the exported dds file to up up in photoshop it says that it's not the right file or something
Theorist
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 11:40 PM
I think you need DDS Plug-in Here
Test Subject
#20 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 12:46 PM
It sais in photo shop after i do everything else right that the files or something isnt supported. i have the Nvidia stuff and everything...can i be exporting them to the wrong place? i made a folder in user/documents/SIMS3MESHES/...worked for other things. its fustrating! plase help!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#21 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 2:45 PM
Test Subject
#22 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 7:38 AM
This tutorial could be a whole lot better actually...they should have links for english only tutorials and other languages specifically. If you cant do it in english dont do it at all. You did a pretty good job though. Pictures help but text does too. 2/5. BTW i dont understand the beginning
Theorist
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 6:29 PM
So, What you don´t understand?
Test Subject
#24 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 12:41 AM
this was very simple and understanding for me, a very begeinner. thanks a lot!
i just put the file in the package folder and now i'm gonna have a look how it came out hehehe
Test Subject
#25 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kiara24
I think you need DDS Plug-in Here

I ahve the same problem.
Page 1 of 2